24 Hours from now, we will witness the future of Exploration

We'll see how it turns out tonight, but more so in the beta.

I just hope Q4 will bring enough stuff to keep us entertained untill the next exciting big thing in the not so near future will come.

If the next major release is atmospheric planets (I suspect it is) then I'd say these changes could well be very complimentary indeed.

If the next major release is atmospheric planets (I suspect it is) then I'd say these changes could well be very complimentary indeed.

This is also my feeling too. All these new mechanics could be great if the next update is basic atmospheric planets. There could be interesting things in nearly every system worth exploring whether it is geological, biological or technological.

Explorers, the long wait is almost over.

We have waited. For years.

Hoping. Praying. Jumping. Honking. Scanning. Eye-balling planets from orbit for.....anything of interest.

Some thought a day like tomorrow would never come.

Some thought that the past and future belonged to never ending releases of Combat ships.

Some thought that explorers were doomed, to jump-honk-scan for all eternity into the black, within a galaxy, cursed by Beige.

Tomorrow, at 7pm BST, Frontier will stream and we will witness the.....future:

Excited? I am. :D[up]

i am interested in ch4... but i think you are at risk of setting yourself up for dissapointment. i think it will no doubt be an improvement but i suspect it is not going to be game changing. (and i am ok with that).

i just hope we are not waiting too long before we see the fruit of FDs attempt to create those concept art "goals" that they put up 12 months ago.

Do you mean the all seeing honk. Some what it to remain. Myself I am happy for the all seeing honk to go the way of the dodo if it creates a much better game environment and experience.
Same here. The current honk, while being a nice sound, all in all is quite uninspiring. Any more interesting game mechanic is very much welcome.
That being said, the sentence above also expresses my worries. There is the risk that they make the scanning game too easy. Then it'll be just yet another chore. There is the risk that the scanning game will be too hard and people will reject it. But the biggest risk is that some players don't even bother to learn how it works. They will instead right away start campaigning for it to be nerfed and made easier, till we end up at the "too easy, only yet another chore" level.
The last scenario is what I am most afraid of. FD has a history of giving in and making things trivially easy whenever a few vocal players start to complain. I hope that it doesn't happen yet again. Exploration should require some learning, ability and dedicaction. The old honk does not, time will tell if the new system will.

Hold on a minute... I'm from the UK and I have always pronounced beta "bay-ta", watching the Frontier live streams is the first time in my life I've ever heard it pronounced "beeta".

So naturally I had to look up the pronunciation online and bizarrely, the Americans have it correct as "bay-ta", the same way it's pronounced in Greek, which for a Greek letter is pretty appropriate.

I don't know what part of the country you are from, but it's always been beeta for me (I was from the South East) and never seriously heard it another way until I heard Americans pronounce it, along with their vaitamins [haha]

That is totally your opinion. If you remove many of the previous updates the game would be a shell of its former self. That's also pretty insulting to the developers.
Where did he say remove updates he said they were "disappointing" which I agree, sure there was some good stuff but most of the headliners were unfinished no forethought place holding type stuff that is still being worked on.

Getting closer...

funny-gif-kid-sees-train-first-time1.gif

Can't wait for this update and the effect of it on supercruise gameplay.

All commanders in a supercruise instance sitting absolutely stationary 1000ls above or below the entry star playing a solar system mini game for 10 minutes, totally oblivious and vulnerable to other commanders or NPCs wanting to interdict.

All commanders in a supercruise instance sitting absolutely stationary 1000ls above or below the entry star playing a solar system mini game for 10 minutes, totally oblivious and vulnerable to other commanders or NPCs wanting to interdict.

Valid point, but consider that explorers do not operate in the bubble... so the chances to meet someone else are very few...

While I think that most Commanders will view the new Exploration mechanics positively, there is a contingent that will be elated, and a contingent that will be devastated.

In just a few hours, the meal will be on the plate. Sadly, we won't be able to actually eat it yet, but most of us should have a good idea by then if we want to or not.

Riôt

Brilliant.

It starts ....

Top Bottom