Euro Truck Simulator is awesome!

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
...an insane income due to high level hired drivers stuff got a lil boring as I remember :)

My current ETS2 and ATS alter egos don't have any hired drivers at all. The management side of the game gets to be just a distraction after a time, and it doesn't take long to accumulate enough money to pay for any new trucks etc I want to try out.

Probably. But unless you really have absolutely fundamental objections, you should create and connect a WoT account anyhow. In addition to those little events, it adds a full additional section of jobs in every city, which is neat when you're looking for rare fancy cargo for example. Also, WoT jobs have a real-time limit as opposed to in-game time, so you can chill out, take your time and make sleeping breaks on the motorway without ever worrying, you never even get close to the deadline.

Yep, I do the online job's most of the time now. Much more variety to choose from online too.

Yep. It's well worth doing for the reasons Fishy states.

Im a little lagging though, as I currently only have 1 skill point in long distance :/

Ouch! That was one of my priorities getting that up just so i could do those long distance hauls. Well worth it.

Goose4291

Banned
Ouch! That was one of my priorities getting that up just so i could do those long distance hauls. Well worth it.

I normally do max out my long distance skill tree, but this time I decided to keep my long distance skill tree low for as long as possible, so I could try to max out my 'explore' all roads approach to trading.

So far, I've covered 100% of the UK, and 100% of the Netherlands due to constant back and forth short hauls.

I normally do max out my long distance skill tree, but this time I decided to keep my long distance skill tree low for as long as possible, so I could try to max out my 'explore' all roads approach to trading.

So far, I've covered 100% of the UK, and 100% of the Netherlands due to constant back and forth short hauls.

Ah, interesting approach. When i'm wanting to unlock roads and locations i just pick quick jobs in the region i want.

In ETS2 or ATS you don't 'unlock' roads, just go into the gps and plan your own route. Take in some town/villages just off the beaten track from where your delivering, that way you'll explore much more and find some very nice places. Also you can choose less motorways ie, side-roads etc. Just don't make yourself 'late'.

Once you have a lot of the main map explored get pro-mods, rusmap and if your really into long haul 'mario' and then you'll have some huge road numbers to explore. Rusmap & promods work together o.k. as do other small maps with these, but Mario is strictly on its own, there-again its all the maps in one place anyway, just not with the fidelity. ;)

In ETS2 or ATS you don't 'unlock' roads, just go into the gps and plan your own route. Take in some town/villages just off the beaten track from where your delivering, that way you'll explore much more and find some very nice places. Also you can choose less motorways ie, side-roads etc. Just don't make yourself 'late'.

Once you have a lot of the main map explored get pro-mods, rusmap and if your really into long haul 'mario' and then you'll have some huge road numbers to explore. Rusmap & promods work together o.k. as do other small maps with these, but Mario is strictly on its own, there-again its all the maps in one place anyway, just not with the fidelity. ;)

I use Promods, Rusmaps and Southern Region. I axed using Project Balkans with the new addition of the Balkans in Promods. Issue with trying to get 100% roads, is nearly impossible with Promods as things are constantly changing and every new addition or re-work creates pockets of routs breakages of what you've been on and haven't before.

So I gave up trying that, but what I do is detour like you said, and am in the process of trying to get every single possible recruitment place in the game. Quite the fun task, but gets me exploring on long haul trips...

I use Promods, Rusmaps and Southern Region. I axed using Project Balkans with the new addition of the Balkans in Promods. Issue with trying to get 100% roads, is nearly impossible with Promods as things are constantly changing and every new addition or re-work creates pockets of routs breakages of what you've been on and haven't before.

So I gave up trying that, but what I do is detour like you said, and am in the process of trying to get every single possible recruitment place in the game. Quite the fun task, but gets me exploring on long haul trips...

Mario Map has all of those places plus a large amount of other countries. It takes in TSM map too, which is a number of countries and also North Africa etc. So if you can put up with a little less fidelity, not a huge drop, but certainly a drop, then try Mario. Be aware its a huge download though. :)
But it will more than triple the roads you have in vanilla. Probably way more.

Mario Map has all of those places plus a large amount of other countries. It takes in TSM map too, which is a number of countries and also North Africa etc. So if you can put up with a little less fidelity, not a huge drop, but certainly a drop, then try Mario. Be aware its a huge download though. :)
But it will more than triple the roads you have in vanilla. Probably way more.

Thing is Promods doesn't support Mario Map at all from what I remember. So I've been pretty loyal to that. Does become a pain when there's a new update and I hate to wait for RusMaps and Southern Region to update, but generally they don't take too long when Promods does...

Volvo brand is now joining in American Truck Sim!

[video=youtube;mpvvvXqet24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpvvvXqet24[/video]

My new Volvo:

20181106024140-1.jpg

I decided to go with the short-wheelbase daycab version, for manoeuvrability in tight spots. Being able to see out the back is useful too. Only real downside is I'm restricted to 200 gallons of fuel - the long-wheelbase versions can carry 300.

My new Volvo:

I decided to go with the short-wheelbase daycab version, for manoeuvrability in tight spots. Being able to see out the back is useful too. Only real downside is I'm restricted to 200 gallons of fuel - the long-wheelbase versions can carry 300.

Yeah, definitely short wheelbase for me as well. I can live with the less fuel, as long as you pay attention you can always get a refill.

The special transport DLC for ATS has been released.

My first special load. Not too tricky, though the AI traffic could have been more helpful, since it was prone to overtaking when I really needed two lanes to manoeuvre.
20181108040454-1.jpg

20181108035221-1.jpg

So, I finally got around to checking out the new things for ATS. Man, I haven't actually played it for ages because if I feel like truckin', I have my career in ETS2. But gosh ATS is running very well for my in VR. I forgot that I had set the stereo buffer scale to 2.0 in the config, as I had done it maybe a year ago, and just launched into the game and took a quick look at the graphics settings in-game before getting started. I saw that supersampling was on 100% so, having forgot about the config file, I raised it to 125%, turned up a couple of settings and it looked great so I played for a couple of hours. I guess there's been software improvements to both the game and Oculus software, as it seems to utilize my video card better when keeping an eye on my system metrics and no noticeable loss of game performance after pushing the settings upwards. I kind of like the engine-in-front car driving physics of the American trucks and I started a fresh ATS career. I think this'll be driving my go2 for a while :)

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: NMS
Top Bottom