Ships Mamba !!! MAMBA !!!!

It actually is a ZP-medium ship, armed with a minimum of 2 size2 and FDL-like a size4 HP.

Since it has less armament than a FDL, I would expect a Challenger-like price-tag.
Also I guess it has reasonable shields and crappy hull, and will basically be a fast and nimble shield-tank alternative to the Krait II, comparable to what the FDL is to the Python.

But that surprise has gone well for FDev, I think no-one really expected that.

edit: It seems to be that these C2-HPs are actually C3s which would put it much closer to the expected, direct contenders than 2 C2s would have been assuming to.

Last edited:
What screenshots?

The ones in the Beta threwd talking about it
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ip-!-SPOILER-INCOMING-!/page9?highlight=Mamba

It actually is a ZP-medium ship, armed with a minimum of 2 size2 and FDL-like a size4 HP.

Since it has less armament than a FDL, I would expect a Challenger-like price-tag.
Also I guess it has reasonable shields and crappy hull, and will basically be a fast and nimble shield-tank alternative to the Krait II, comparable to what the FDL is to the Python.

But that surprise has gone well for FDev, I think no-one really expected that.

edit: It seems to be that these C2-HPs are actually C3s which would put it much closer to the expected, direct contenders than 2 C2s would have been assuming to.

Oh shush you know what I meant XD

And it has 1 Huge, 2 Large and 2 Small so its on par with the FDL in that regard

And it has 1 Huge, 2 Large and 2 Small so its on par with the FDL in that regard

It actually has a very slight increase in DPS compared to the FDL...if you put all (unengineered) multicannons on the FDL, you get 73.7 DPS, and a 1H/2L/2S setup would have 74.8.
Also it appears to have 6 utility slots, based on screencaps showing items equipped in them all. And a centered pilot's chair, and no irritating canopy spar in the middle of your field of vision. :D

It actually has a very slight increase in DPS compared to the FDL...if you put all (unengineered) multicannons on the FDL, you get 73.7 DPS, and a 1H/2L/2S setup would have 74.8.
Also it appears to have 6 utility slots, based on screencaps showing items equipped in them all. And a centered pilot's chair, and no irritating canopy spar in the middle of your field of vision. :D

... So its on par with the FDL. What I said.

You can't see it but Im glaring mencingly at you!

You know I rarely notice the FDL is off center cause its not that much off center. Its just something I think about occassionally.

Its big, longer than a Python. 6 utility slots. I hope it has decent internals. It could be a large ship, if not it will really make use of all of the medium pad.

8MuUr2W.png

Photo Source - Joe Hammond - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...R-INCOMING-!?p=7125941&viewfull=1#post7125941

Last edited:
Really pumped now after seeing this. Been looking for a multi/combat ship with no SLF and haven't bonded with the current available options like i have with the Krait and Vette.

Good firepower, guns all topside (my personal preference) great looking cockpit with CENTERED pilot seat. 3 big guns for the damage and two little ones for debuffs.

Last edited:
So ...

Here is some info- hopefully my source didn't lie too much!

The Mamba's design places an emphasis on bringing heavy firepower to engagements. It features two small hardpoints, two large hardpoints, and 1 huge hardpoint. It is also the only ship other than the Fer-de-Lance to be equipped with six utility slots. The Mamba's cockpit includes a secondary pilot seat, making the ship Multicrew-capable.
All of the Mamba's hardpoints are located on the ship's dorsal surface. The two small hardpoints are forward of the cockpit, the two large hardpoints are on either side of the cockpit, and the huge hardpoint is behind the cockpit.
The two pilot seats are on the ship's centerline, in a blister-style dorsal cockpit. The primary pilot seat is at the front, while the secondary seat is directly behind it.

And here is a decent pic of it also

45142616_576017176162323_110407846650183680_n.jpg

45091302_576017226162318_1459164063064915968_n.jpg

Deleted member 110222

D
So ...

The Mamba's design places an emphasis on bringing heavy firepower to engagements. It features two small hardpoints, two large hardpoints, and 1 huge hardpoint. It is also the only ship other than the Fer-de-Lance to be equipped with six utility slots. The Mamba's cockpit includes a secondary pilot seat, making the ship Multicrew-capable.
All of the Mamba's hardpoints are located on the ship's dorsal surface. The two small hardpoints are forward of the cockpit, the two large hardpoints are on either side of the cockpit, and the huge hardpoint is behind the cockpit.
The two pilot seats are on the ship's centerline, in a blister-style dorsal cockpit. The primary pilot seat is at the front, while the secondary seat is directly behind it.

Beluga has six utilities.

So ...

Sounds pretty much like a mini-Corvette.

Looks great. I'm thinking it will have class 5 FSD since it looks like it should have a class 6. FDL has a class 4 when it should have a 5.

Top Bottom