Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

I am just a little nervous about what will happen to these once the new lighting goes into effect. Perhaps this should be something we check rather soon after the beta drops tomorrow.

Throw up an edited pic...hide the system name.

I have a new one. I'll post name and info about it after I've docked. Normally I wouldn't care, but I've wanted to find one of these for a good two years now. :D This one is pretty unique, in the sense that it'll probably upend any current hypothesis on how these things form.

Throw up an edited pic...hid the system name.

I have a new one. I'll post name and info about it after I've docked. Normally I wouldn't care, but I've wanted to find one of these for a good two years now. :D This one is pretty unique, in the sense that it'll probably upend any current hypothesis on how these things form.

Interesting. Just take a screenshot and edit out any system name info so it remains hidden! :D

Are GGGs still fluorescent with the beta?

they are !

GGG1 on beta :
iXvUePZ.png

wsxfJim.jpg

eVinMBb.jpg

On the other hand, with the lights update they are less bright from a distance
Whereas before 3.3 these giants were brighter than stars they are now only small coloured dots
e7pWCox.jpg

You have no idea how envious I am. ;) Considering how rare they are, and the fact that map-visualization travel-exploration is about to go extinct, I think I need to give up on ever finding one.

they are !

Whew! Good to know.

Yeah ! Another waypoint for my trip.
Even if you dont want to disclose it before docking, can you tell me if it's "near" Colonia or the Bubble ?

they are !

Well the GGGs still work on beta
but the GMGs turn in a weird gray inside the new lightbox from neutron stars.

GMG6 :
WWXnZfX.jpg

Mjtm3OO.png

2UI6MMD.png

Clearly there is some bugs involved here, as you can see on the second screenshot, the neutron star is visible through the gas giant, but still on the system map the planet doesn't appear pink anymore

I'll be making a run for Colonia hopefully tonight. In the mean time, here's a pic:

And in case you're wondering, the unique thing about this one is, it's a Water Giant!

It'll be added to my trip when you've sell the data !

And it very sad that the new graphic killed the GMG. Hope it's a beta bug (someone NEED to report it).
After all, FDev knows the GMG. They've even featured one in a newsletter !

the neutron star is visible through the gas giant

It's clear that they redesigned the particle effects. Neutron star ejection cones are all sorts of screwed up. In VR, they're only visible in your left eye, and completely absent from the right. It's almost nauseating.

Ok, here it is! I haven't thought of a clever name, yet. So for now:

Eimbaith LW-W e1-290 7
3QZWlbe.png

So far as I know, this is the only known glowing Water Giant of any sort. As a possible bonus, I found Tubeworms (or whatever they're called) on Eimbaith LW-W e1-290 1 C A

nx0v9Eg.png

Ih8NIlI.jpg

And a last, somewhat forlorn/derpy shot:

6xiCwP8.png

If you're interested in the worms, they're these happy fellows:

EjoP0Yf.png

..and can be located, at least in the beta, at -31.15, 134.16. I'm probably not going to be back there before the update officially lands, so if anybody does happen to swing by, it would be great if you could also check to see if the worms are there pre-3.3.

- Taen

Cool! And prompt! You even found a place to land!

Well...hum... Not really. I landed alphazardly in teh POI zone and cross the moutains in SRV, using the coordinate and the scanner.
Recalling my ship made it float above the ground (but for some reason i was able to board).
And after that, by pure determination, i finally found a little place to land my Asp Explorer (it's easier than an Anaconda or my luxurious Orca).

Top Bottom