Happened to anyone else?

So I'm out exploring in my Corvette, and I'm almost 40k ly from Sol. I'll find a small, rocky body with geysers or whatnot, and fly around until I see a small POI. I get close, land, and then find myself unable to delploy my SRV. I look down, and the option doesn't ever come up.

I then have to close the game, not just save and exit, and then log back into it hoping that the POI will still be close by. Very annoying, and wondered if it was just some random bug and if it was only myself experiencing this.

So I'm out exploring in my Corvette, and I'm almost 40k ly from Sol. I'll find a small, rocky body with geysers or whatnot, and fly around until I see a small POI. I get close, land, and then find myself unable to delploy my SRV. I look down, and the option doesn't ever come up.

I then have to close the game, not just save and exit, and then log back into it hoping that the POI will still be close by. Very annoying, and wondered if it was just some random bug and if it was only myself experiencing this.

PC or consoled?

Had that happen once or twice, exiting to the menu showed me the non-horizon background with the spinning Coriolis.
Somehow it failed to load the expansion, Xbox support said it could have been a issue with MS Store verifying your purchases.
A restart of the game has fixed it for me on occasion. I reinstalled the game and have not experienced that ever since.

Had that happen once or twice, exiting to the menu showed me the non-horizon background with the spinning Coriolis.
Somehow it failed to load the expansion, Xbox support said it could have been a issue with MS Store verifying your purchases.
A restart of the game has fixed it for me on occasion. I reinstalled the game and have not experienced that ever since.

ditto

I've done a considerable amount of surface landings in my year and a half of playing. And on occasion, though the ability to land is not a problem, there is a rock beneath the srv's hold. I go back up, move a few meter's and after landing deploy the srv and can see where the rock is.

I've done a considerable amount of surface landings in my year and a half of playing. And on occasion, though the ability to land is not a problem, there is a rock beneath the srv's hold. I go back up, move a few meter's and after landing deploy the srv and can see where the rock is.

Yeah, make sure that you give yourself enough room to deploy the SRV. I've had to park far away from some geyser sites and travel to them because of the terrain.

CMDR Ex

Yeah, make sure that you give yourself enough room to deploy the SRV. I've had to park far away from some geyser sites and travel to them because of the terrain.

CMDR Ex

For me, landing itself wasn't the problem. What was happening to me was that I would right click to look down, and there would simply be no option to deploy the srv. I had to completely exit the game and reenter into the session.

I will add that the poi in this particular instance, while a very small dot on my radar, simply ended up being an outcrop. Still, that was a nice world that I had landed on.

For me, landing itself wasn't the problem. What was happening to me was that I would right click to look down, and there would simply be no option to deploy the srv. I had to completely exit the game and reenter into the session.

Just to check, was the Planetary Vehicle Hangar disabled for some reason? I've turned it off before, forgotten that I had, and been momentary baffled on why I couldn't deploy an SRV. This is probably not it if the Horizons-not-loaded bug is the culprit.

I will add that the poi in this particular instance, while a very small dot on my radar, simply ended up being an outcrop. Still, that was a nice world that I had landed on.

If I read that right, that is another bug. If so, then you did find some form of volcanism, but there is a bug where a volcanism patch will sometimes not show itself unless there is more than one Commander in instance. Keep a note of the coordinates and try to go back there with a friend, as (I think) volcanism sites are persistent.

No, it wasn't disabled. There simply wasn't anything there when I looked down. I got no option for the SRV, the fighters, none of the options that should have come up when looking in that direction appeared. Not until I brought up the gome screen, exited, and reentered the game.

As to whether or not I did actually find something on that world, I'll never know. I've moved on a long ways in the days since this happened, so this is something I'll just have to be aware of the next time I should find a small poi. I know this "bug" with the srv will happen again, because it has happened to me before.

Top Bottom