T-Rex should not be able to kill Gllimiums

to kill a Gllimiums it implies you need to catch him first... how would an 8 ton giant catch something that runs as fast as a cheetah? same thing goes for Struthiomimus

that scene in the movie was stupid cause it didn't make any sense then and it still doesn't make any sense now

The large carnivores should not able able to catch and kill a Gllimiums... it would be cool to have a chase animation where it tries to catch one but fails

I think that a large predator catching a smaller, faster, more agile herbivore can and does happen with mammals nowadays. But it's mostly the weak, old or young that fall prey. I imagine the same was true back then - the injured or weak would probably be the ones to fall to whatever was fast slightly better than they were. A T-Rex only needs to catch one; not the one at the front of a herd, but the one who is separated or at the back.

Interesting perspective!

Especially with the 'old and weak' scenario' and even more especially the 'ambush hunter' thing.

Rep. Rep everywhere!

if he was hiding then why were the Gllimiums already running in panic before Trex came out?.... he managed to outmaneuver them after scaring them away? lol

this would be like an elephant trying to stalk and kill a cheetah lmao

Last edited:
I actually agree with OP. But with ambush attacks it should be possible.

And to be fair, we have no idea why they were running in the movie. Dr. Grant just tells us it looks like they are evading a predator. Could be a dilophosaurus for all we know. That leads them right towards the Rex.

T-Rex eating Gallimimus is canon. Go play Prehistoric Kingdom if you don't like Jurassic Park's portrayal of dinosaurs.

He's just trying to make things more realistic. What's wrong with that? He has just as much right to play the game as you. Even though you enjoy the unrealistic movie monsters and not dinosaurs...

Well, It's featured in the movie, I don't mind it much.
Try and fail animation could be great addition, while it would make that Steam acheivement harder to get.

He's just trying to make things more realistic. What's wrong with that? He has just as much right to play the game as you. Even though you enjoy the unrealistic movie monsters and not dinosaurs...

If this was a realistic dinosaur game, I'd be agreeing with him. But this is not a realistic dinosaur game. There's no feathers, pronated wrists, giant velociraptors, tiny dilophosaurs with frills that spit venom, a bipedal crocodile instead of baryonyx and a T. Rex clocked at 32 mph. This is a Jurassic Park game, and Jurassic Park canon determines what realism is in the setting. Retconning it would make it less realistic, not more. This also leaves it consistent, instead of getting outdated in a couple years like all realistic dinosaur fiction does, because whatever's 'realistic' now will be seen as backwards next time someone looks at the bones.

Last edited:
If this was a realistic dinosaur game, I'd be agreeing with him. But this is not a realistic dinosaur game. There's no feathers, pronated wrists, giant velociraptors, tiny dilophosaurs with frills that spit venom, a bipedal crocodile instead of baryonyx and a T. Rex clocked at 32 mph. This is a Jurassic Park game, and Jurassic Park canon determines what realism is in the setting. Retconning it would make it less realistic, not more. This also leaves it consistent, instead of getting outdated in a couple years like all realistic dinosaur fiction does, because whatever's 'realistic' now will be seen as backwards next time someone looks at the bones.

Yes the whole franchise is far from realistic, but the OP is right. T-Rex shouldn't be able to catch a Galli under normal circumstances. We haven't seen this in the canon as well. Only an ambush attack, which is fine. But besides that it shouldn't be possible. No need to make it any less realistic than the franchise already has.

This is a game based on fiction. It's not supposed to be scientifically accurate. If it was it wouldn't exist cause cloning Dinosaurs is impossible.

This is a game based on fiction. It's not supposed to be scientifically accurate. If it was it wouldn't exist cause cloning Dinosaurs is impossible.

Yes as of right now... Who knows in the future. But okay so if I want a T-Rex wearing a North Face jacket that's cool because it's all fiction anyway? Seems hella dumb.

Yes as of right now... Who knows in the future. But okay so if I want a T-Rex wearing a North Face jacket that's cool because it's all fiction anyway? Seems hella dumb.

That depends, did a Tyrannosaur wear a North Face jacket in Jurassic Park? Is it plausible within the realm of Jurassic Park? No to both of those? Well then that suggestion is "hella dumb".

Tyrannosaurus hunting Gallimimus did happen in Jurassic Park though. It was one of the most iconic scenes. So, we have our JWE Tyrannosaurs do the same.

What I really want to ask is, do you all really care that much? With all the things that can be improved with JWE, is this the one thing you really want to focus on?

That never happened and wouldn't make sense. The Rex in JP ambushed the Gallimimus. Also it's been scientifically proven that the Rex was an active hunter. Meaning it would have chased it's prey. You don't understand how animals hunt. Big cats chase prey till they get tired. They don't have to keep up with the prey in a neck to neck race. They literally run them into the dirt. Then they kill them.

Top Bottom