ANNOUNCEMENT Secrets of Dr. Wu Coming 20 November!

Does this mean we'll get expanded maps in future DLC? I mean...it's going to be very difficult to have every dinosaur in a decent enclosure :p

They are part of the Secrets of Dr. Wu storyline; it's a massive expansion to the game's campaign, so there's loads to discover. We can't spoil the story in the announcement, but it's definitely not just a couple of dinosaurs!

is one of them therzinosaurus

Froniter i want to know if you make a change in the textures of the T-Rex. Did you have made changes or its my imagination?
hgskdjghswuhgowseuhg98453bgf.jpg

I don't care. I don't like that storyline :(

Its perfectly in line with the storyline of JP/TLW/JP 3/JW/JWFK/EOC....its exactly where Wu would have gone. I hope that going forward we can see new skins as part of paid DLC expansions. They opened up parts of the map so that could be a forerunner to adding potential new zones for aquatic dinos or larger maps altogether! Be patient. Small steps before you run.

I suppose I shouldn't post early morning after getting into work, because this is a wanted feature. It has been mentioned many times, and I honestly am glad that Frontier are listening to the whole community. I also share your curiosity about the new campaign elements.

Oh…Please don’t be sorry, I wasn’t respond to you or anyone in particular.

Honestly, I’m not exactly like a super fan of hybrid either. I’m just interested to see the possibility of having them in the game, those on Dr. Wu’s computer (I’m also skeptical toward any far-fetched ones beyond the movie). I’m happy that they not only doing it but coupling it with a storyline. In fact, any attempt to extend the storyline is very much welcomed. I would prefer if they consult Director Colin as I’m sure he has plenty of it.

When I played the campaign mode, I thought Isla Pena was going to be great with Dr.Wu’s research missions and I got a little disappointed. It is so exciting now to see a redeeming chance. Really hope they nail it this time!

Edit:- In fact, I’m not proud of myself lied on the forum previously. I was suppressing the interest and lied (trying to blend in) as there were too many hostile forces back then.

Last edited:
Not going to lie I am a little disappointed. On one hand you get some good stuff like social genes, a new map, and camo for indo but I was really hoping for the last six JPOG dinos or decor with terrain paint brushes.

how do we unlock the dlc missons

will we have to complete the base game story missions or do we unlock it when we buy it and when we boot up the game plz get back to me with a answer plz thank you :D

Not what I wanted BUT..

This isn't the DLC I was hoping for. New hybrids is interesting and a welcome addition but Dr. Wu and another small island wasn't what I was hoping for in a DLC.

That being said I will be purchasing this DLC simply to support the Dev team as they are listening to the community with the fixes/improvements to AI. If they continue to improve the game I will continue to support it. Even if the DLC is a little lackluster.

I just learnt from Bo’s comment on reddit that BD Wong reprises his role in this DLC. This is awesome! :cool:

If there is a chance, I wish Frontier can interview him in the future. I like him since JP and think he should be nominated an Oscar or something. To me, he is an iconic mad scientist, what a great actor he is!

So let's start with the positive first -- a new narrative is something I didn't seriously expect so I'm glad the game is continuing to provide a 'story' for the player to follow along with, as the campaign didn't quite feel like it had a conclusion. This makes for a solid enough continuation, given much of the real intrigue surrounded Wu. Makes me wonder if future expansions may follow Claire and Owen... or a new film character :)

A new area on an existing island... I'll see how it looks but I think that's a good compromise for continuing campaign mode without moving beyond the Five Deaths too drastically, and it makes sense with Wu's secrecy.

Though I wasn't expecting them to a focus/theme update, the addition of new hybrids was something I was expecting and yes, a bit hopeful for - the Indosaurs were a little too simple to stay by themselves. Spinoraptor looks gorgeous and I'm glad to see Stegoceratops; many fans see it as cringey but it also feels more logical an inclusion by Frontier than many other hypothetical hybrids. The Ankylodocus, I'm reserving judgement, but it feels like a delay to seeing a genuine titanosaur species, so feeling a little mixed there. I'm unsure hybrids were the best choice for today, and I certainly hope future updates focus less on them, but I will say that I am glad we're diversifying the category a bit.

I'll have to meet Olorotitan, we'll see how it comes out, but I'm intrigued as its not a species I've heard as much about before.

Let's skip around a bit -- I'm happy to hear about Comfort Genes; it's a very subtle change to the game but it excites me to imagine generating specimens with less concern for population or species density. I look forward to seeing extra specimens of my favorite carnivores living together, bigger mixed herds, and less complaining about a lack of forest. This is a creative way to let players take control of their park management in a new way.

It's been suggested elsewhere there will be more new species, yes? Cool.

Now, let's moved on to the mixed blessings...

The Indominus rex camouflage gene is something I was just thinking the other day would have been a good feature for the game that wasn't already there, so a tip of the hat to see it finally coming, because it's going to be a fun feature and I'm excited for it! I certainly hope Frontier will consider making it available for the Indoraptor (which would likely keep the gene, I think) and the Carnotaurus, in homage to the novels. It's a shame it's not a base feature, but making it part of Wu's campaign, it does fit the theme.

The new building upgrades are welcome additions, although why they are being included in a paid package I haven't any clue. The speed increases should definitely be available to all players for free, as they are for buildings already available. The storm system I'm a little less worried about, as I assume it'll be a new building, which is fine for a paid feature.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard we would finally be receiving Troodon, but I'm a little disappointed. I think the texture Frontier has designed has some character in its own right, but I was hoping for a texture closer to that used in the Telltale game. I didn't expect nor want the Troodon to retain the cartoonish proportions of Telltale's version of the dinosaur, but I really wish the black/green/red color scheme had carried over. It's a cool, memorable look and part of what made the species stand out, and I really question how many people might have requested the species without such prior infamy. In addition, the bright coloration played well into it being venomous, ala poison dart frogs.

I will be completely satisfied if the green/black/red look is an additional cosmetic skin, but the ingame skin system seemsto lack the complexity to offer it, for the same reason we haven't seen the film Raptor or Rex variations.

In conclusion, I have a lot of cautious excitement for the downloadable content, and I'll download it as soon as I can budget it, but there's definitely some wrinkles here.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I just learnt from Bo’s comment on reddit that BD Wong reprises his role in this DLC. This is awesome! :cool:

If there is a chance, I wish Frontier can interview him in the future. I like him since JP and think he should be nominated an Oscar or something. To me, he is an iconic mad scientist, what a great actor he is!

He is an awesome actor so it was great to get him back for the role in Jurassic World Evolution: Secrets of Dr. Wu!

I know you won’t say much but, will it have decorative items? Cos that’s what most people want tbh, also why was the spinoraptor and ankylodocus chosen over standard dinos?

I’m not about to belly ache or complain I was just wondering why you didn’t just add saltosaurus (an armoured sauropod), and concavenator (a small predator with a sail) I just think it devalues these particular hybrids since there are that have there quirks naturally

Thanks again

Hey Paul would you be able to answer my question?

It will become available to you as you play the campaign, unlocking after you have achieved 4 stars on Muerta.

will the camo gene be ONLY for indo or will we be able to use it with other dinos like the carnos? In the books the carnos had camo as well and it would be really cool to have that if it isnt too late just saying.

Last edited:
thank you

thank you paul for answering my question and I look forward to play the dlc in 11 days time [up]:D

will the camo gene be ONLY for indo or will it be able to put on other dinos like the carnos? In the books the carnos had camo as well and it would be really cool to have that as well if it isnt too late just saying.
it will only be for indom

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I know you won’t say much but, will it have decorative items? Cos that’s what most people want tbh, also why was the spinoraptor and ankylodocus chosen over standard dinos?

I’m not about to belly ache or complain I was just wondering why you didn’t just add saltosaurus (an armoured sauropod), and concavenator (a small predator with a sail) I just think it devalues these particular hybrids since there are that have there quirks naturally

There will be no decorative items included in this DLC. This DLC is a continuation of the Dr. Wu story line. Dr. Wu is a driven scientist who is looking to unlock the potential of gene manipulation to not just bring dinosaurs back to life, something he has already clearly achieved, but to create new species entirely. These hybrids are a major factor in the Jurassic World franchise and are the obvious additions to the game as part of this story campaign.

There will be no decorative items included in this DLC. This DLC is a continuation of the Dr. Wu story line. Dr. Wu is a driven scientist who is looking to unlock the potential of gene manipulation to not just bring dinosaurs back to life, something he has already clearly achieved, but to create new species entirely. These hybrids are a major factor in the Jurassic World franchise and are the obvious additions to the game as part of this story campaign.

Ok thank you for the reply Paul, will the story explain why he chose the dinosaurs he did to hybridise? Because to me the Ankylodocus seems irrelevant, since Saltosaurus is an armoured sauropod and the jury is out on wether it had a clubbed tail or not. It just seems like he wasted his talent and scientific funding/ time to produce an animal that lived naturally any way... I mean he could of just brought a Saltosaurus back and boom... it’s done no need for the time spent making Ankylodocus :)

Don’t get me wrong I like them all, I’m not saying I don’t like any of them, i just feel like Dr. Wu wasted his time with that particular hybrid and hopefully the story will explain why?

Also will we get the Dino file type videos per day for each Dino in the dlc up until release?

Last edited:
Top Bottom