General / Off-Topic My latest Mandela Effect experience.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
A few years ago my folks got new cars.

My mum's car had a red display on the radio, and her partner's had a blue display.

Her partner's car now is also a red display.

I know for a fact it was blue before.

I'm being serious when I talk about this. I sincerely believe a number of people shift reality numerous times in their lives.

My mum's car had a red display on the radio, and her partner's had a blue display.

I'm being serious when I talk about this. I sincerely believe a number of people shift reality numerous times in their lives.

The Mandela effect refers to false memories, correct?

Deleted member 110222

D
Easy tiger, just saying what a quick Google Search told me :)

I wasn't necessarily directing it at you. "Some people" is a vague term after all.

No I'm familiar with the Google results.

But as someone who lives with a number of paranormal and otherwise inexplicible life experiences, I find myself disagreeing with the "facts" quite often.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't necessarily directing it at you. "Some people" is a vague term after all.

No I'm familiar with the Google results.

But as someone who lives with a number of paranormal and otherwise inexplicible life experiences, I find myself disagreeing with the "facts" quite often.

Ha ha no worries, was given and received lightheartedly!

Deleted member 110222

D
Then again, you consistently describe your mental health as not particularly pristine. Including, if I remember correctly, psychotic episodes. Not meant as an insult, just providing some perspective here.

Yep', that's right.

It's all there well documented on this forum, by my own hand.

Still stand by this though. I know for a fact that car had a blue display.

Yep', that's right.

It's all tjere well documented on this forum, by my own hand.

Still stand by this though. I know for a fact tjat car had a blue display.

I am sure you do. But you're kinda arguing that some doctor diagnosed you with a broken leg, and you experienced a supernatural pain in your leg. You can share the experience, but you cant honestly expect anyone to believe you. Or at least the 'supernatural' part.

Deleted member 110222

D
I am sure you do. But you're kinda arguing that some doctor diagnosed you with a broken leg, and you experienced a supernatural pain in your leg. You can share the experience, but you cant honestly expect anyone to believe you. Or at least the 'supernatural' part.

I don't necessarily feel entitled to people's belief. Not anymore. The treatment I've been receiving has taught me that.

You are your own man. I do not speak for you.

However that of course works both ways. As far as I'm aware, I left my original reality long ago. Little details changing, but no history of what I remember, that kind of thing.

I'm well aware that by most I will be remembered as an utter lunatic.

Honestly? I wouldn't have it any other way.

You say you know for a fact, but if your memory is the only thing to go by then this so called fact is questionable.
Human memory is a liar. Our brains constantly alter our memories and create new ones from scratch. Human memory is not a perfect storage device.
If you bought an HDD or an SSD at the store and if it would perform like a human brain, then you would immediately return it and ask your money back.

Deleted member 110222

D
You say you know for a fact, but if your memory is the only thing to go by then this so called fact is questionable.
Human memory is a liar. Our brains constantly alter our memories and create new ones from scratch. Human memory is not a perfect storage device.
If you bought an HDD or an SSD at the store and if it would perform like a human brain, then you would immediately return it and ask your money back.

Reasonable rebuttal.

If there was a reality shift is it likely there'd be multiple changes coinciding at the shift point?

Also what shifts, is it your full physical form or consciousness at some level.

I don't necessarily feel entitled to people's belief. Not anymore. The treatment I've been receiving has taught me that.

You are your own man. I do not speak for you.

However that of course works both ways. As far as I'm aware, I left my original reality long ago. Little details changing, but no history of what I remember, that kind of thing.

I'm well aware that by most I will be remembered as an utter lunatic.

Honestly? I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't think lunacy is in play, nor alternate realities.

Rather, simple mis-remembering as happens to us all.

I went to a Neil DeGrasse Tyson talk recently; he was saying he was excluded from jury duty twice, because he wouldn't accept eye witness testimony as the sole evidence to convict someone.

He said memory is not the "absolute" that people perceive it to be, and that as scientists it was unreasonable to rely on something so fallible.

Deleted member 110222

D
If there was a reality shift is it likely there'd be multiple changes coinciding at the shift point?

Also what shifts, is it your full physical form or consciousness at some level.

Hard to say. Though I'd say it's what I refer to as the spirit.

I've had a few out-of-body experiences. I'm quite convinced our bodies are shells.

Your observation will most likely differ, and I respect that.

Deleted member 110222

D
I don't think lunacy is in play, nor alternate realities.

Rather, simple mis-remembering as happens to us all.

I went to a Neil DeGrasse Tyson talk recently; he was saying he was excluded from jury duty twice, because he wouldn't accept eye witness testimony as the sole evidence to convict someone.

He said memory is not the "absolute" that people perceive it to be, and that as scientists it was unreasonable to rely on something so fallible.

Perhaps, but part of me refuses to accept the radio was always red.

I distinctly remember saying that his radio matched his car. The car's paint is blue.

But now, the radio is red.

Everyone else says it was always red, but I saw it. It was blue.

:|

Perhaps, but part of me refuses to accept the radio was always red.

I distinctly remember saying that his radio matched his car. The car's paint is blue.

But now, the radio is red.

Everyone else says it was always red, but I saw it. It was blue.

:|

Of course, because you truly believe it. The memory is real (chemically and electrically), it just isn't what actually happened.

I am going to put this link up for the OP's attention, not that it is directly related to this effect but more the OPs general well-being. It might be helpful from what I remember of their past postings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-46029562

'A gamer who left his home fewer than 10 times in seven years explains how he's now helping other young people break away from a life of isolation.

"Years and years were just spent sitting at my computer," says Billy Brown'

Top Bottom