Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Of course I don't expect reading controller software prefs.

Just have in the back of your mind the custom text and legend things for the future.

Unsupported Controller Warning

I have an EDTracker Pro Wireless in addition to my HOTAS, and EDRefCard complains that it does not know the controller. References are fbyqjy and rggfal. Anything I can do to help add support?

Slightly related question: I would like to print out the new 3.3 default bindings for the T16000M, but the standard entry in the published bindings list does not use colours (or even colors). Is there any way to activate colour modifiers for one of the published entries, or would I have to load the default file and then generate my own reference card with colors enabled?

The main driver for using colours is that ED Refcard uses "camera" for both the free camera and the galaxy map camera, which gets a little confusing.

It already supports quite a few pedals so adding T.Flight shouldn't be a problem. Just need an image that is licensed as "free to use and modify".

I'll request Saitek X45 support yet again, please, pretty please: adjfbu

Control reference images : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3hOnIFVTJ_acjUzbUJzekgzeDA

Give me a link to a source repository and I'll even create a pull request if you're too busy!

EDIT: Awesome! I didn't realise this project had changed hands. @VerticalBlank has a repo for this now, so Soon(tm) there will be X45 support. :)

Last edited:
I have an EDTracker Pro Wireless in addition to my HOTAS, and EDRefCard complains that it does not know the controller. References are fbyqjy and rggfal. Anything I can do to help add support?

I can't find those two references. I use an EDTracker Pro myself albeit the wired version. I use it via OpenTrack's freetrack emulation so it doesn't need to appear in ED's bindings. Presumably yours is only bound to headlook and not really worth an additional graphic on the ref card? If you re-upload and let me know the reference I can add it as a recognised but ignored device.

Slightly related question: I would like to print out the new 3.3 default bindings for the T16000M, but the standard entry in the published bindings list does not use colours (or even colors). Is there any way to activate colour modifiers for one of the published entries, or would I have to load the default file and then generate my own reference card with colors enabled?

The main driver for using colours is that ED Refcard uses "camera" for both the free camera and the galaxy map camera, which gets a little confusing.

Thanks for pointing that out. It's a historical accident becase the Galaxy Map came first. I think I should revise all the Galaxy map terms to replace "Camera" with "GalMap".

The way the code stands at the moment is that a published item is a combination of bindings and display settings, and alas there is no easy way to change the display settings without re-uploading. This is something I have thought about in the past: it would be a much better user experience but it would require some architectural changes to the code.

Heya!

Love the tool - quick bug report. If I run it with no description in the 'publish' box, it doesn't pick up Chapter 4 (beta) bindings, like FSS. Once I put anything in there, it performed aces.

Rock on.

Last edited:
First of all, many thanks for your answer and support of this tool.

I can't find those two references. I use an EDTracker Pro myself albeit the wired version. I use it via OpenTrack's freetrack emulation so it doesn't need to appear in ED's bindings. Presumably yours is only bound to headlook and not really worth an additional graphic on the ref card? If you re-upload and let me know the reference I can add it as a recognised but ignored device.

Yes, I am only using headlook, so ignoring sounds just fine to me. I have re-uploaded with reference wqnscu. I can also pass you the binds file via google drive if the entry is lost again (expiration?), just ping me on EDCD (@Cometborne).

Thanks for pointing that out. It's a historical accident becase the Galaxy Map came first. I think I should revise all the Galaxy map terms to replace "Camera" with "GalMap".

This would help a lot. One other thing I noticed while looking at my coloured printout is that there is no colour key (legend?) on the card if you use colours by type. While I can eventually figure out that the red entries are the ship functions, the green ones are the SRV functions, and so on, a small box listing all types and their associated colour would be helpful. The same probably applies when using colours for modifiers.

New update v1.2

* Command names are now in Title Case and some have been abbreviated.
* The keyboard chart makes more use of symbols to identify the keys.
* The Galaxy map controls now say "GalMap" rather than "Camera".
* Added support for Dual Virpil VPC WarBRD DELTA joysticks.
* Added support for Saitek X45 HOTAS.
* All saved bindings have been reset and will regen w/ the new logic.

Abbreviating the words has helped me get most of the standard settings readable.

In general I think you will find it a big improvement.

Selecting .binds file "%APPDATA%\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\Custom.3.0.binds" for use with generating a ref sheet on edrefcard.info when I get this error:

Incorrect file supplied; please go back and select your binds file as per the instructions.

Which say to get them from the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\ directory.

Edit: edrefcard seems to work fine with a Custom.2.0.binds file from 8/12/2017, but not with a Custom.3.0.binds file last modified as of 6/29/2018.

Last edited:
Selecting .binds file "%APPDATA%\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\Custom.3.0.binds" for use with generating a ref sheet on edrefcard.info when I get this error:

Incorrect file supplied; please go back and select your binds file as per the instructions.

Which say to get them from the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\ directory.

Edit: edrefcard seems to work fine with a Custom.2.0.binds file from 8/12/2017, but not with a Custom.3.0.binds file last modified as of 6/29/2018.

That is very odd. If you could please PM me the file I'll investigate.

That is very odd. If you could please PM me the file I'll investigate.

I sure can. I've since updated my binds, so the file will be dated as modified on 11/10/2018, but I've tested it, too, and it doesn't seem to wanna work after a modification. Thinking back, I don't know if participating in the Chapter 4 beta has anything to with it, so if you find anything, please let me know.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom