What is the point of Admiral and King Ranks ?

That's also about as meaningful as buying and naming a star.

Thinking about this for a bit inna kinda wibbly wobbly kinda way, I think this has already happened. I mean look at all the various Celebrities and Stars who change their names often to something bizarre. This may indeed be evidence of someone buying Stars and naming them. Probably under some kind of NDA.. ;)

Had a bit of spare time on my hands and hate to see a bar only three quarters full so ground out the remaining ranks for both factions, I know there is no reward or access to anything after Duke and Rear Admiral but why give the option of being able to go higher when we don't gain access to anything ?

This is not a moan I'm just genuinely curious.

you get to land your cutter at hutton orbital if your a king, vette if an admiral

Had a bit of spare time on my hands and hate to see a bar only three quarters full so ground out the remaining ranks for both factions, I know there is no reward or access to anything after Duke and Rear Admiral but why give the option of being able to go higher when we don't gain access to anything ?

This is not a moan I'm just genuinely curious.

They aren't technically ranks but more akin to certificates and have nothing to do with the respective superpowers' military services; basically they are the space equivalent of swimming certificates merged with a vehicle driving licence.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

Funny enough I started doing my final rank for the Feds last night.
Then realised how boring it was focusing on the one element and decided not to bother.

Now if there was a reason to, well...............................[big grin]

What makes you think they just don''t add new navy ranks and lock stuff behind those?

because i have consulted the oracle and it said no

my_sources_say_no.jpg

Exactly. Just another goal. Something to smile about. Why climb Mount Everest? Because it's there! Enjoy the game without frostbite in real life adventures.

Now...If I could shoot the ship taking up my validated and personal parking space without being attacked by the local cops...

Still...How many Kings does it take to change a light bulb? :)

All of them, because none of them have ever done anything for themselves.

When I turned King in Empire... I flew a Cutter (imperial ship of status) gracefully into an imperial station, and got told to get my a hole out of there or risk death because I was loitering.

My next question... If a policeman told the Queen, (ol' Lizzy the 2nd) to stop jolly well loitering and to get her a-hole out of there, else she'll get shot on the spot... How long would that there copper keep his job?

That's also about as meaningful as buying and naming a star.

You jest surely. Introduce yourself in almost any client /service establishment, such as an airline or a restaurant, as Lord and lady whoever you are, and watch people start running around for you to upgrade you to first class, or put you on a premium table, etc. Seriously.

When I turned King in Empire... I flew a Cutter (imperial ship of status) gracefully into an imperial station, and got told to get my a hole out of there or risk death because I was loitering.

My next question... If a policeman told the Queen, (ol' Lizzy the 2nd) to stop jolly well loitering and to get her a-hole out of there, else she'll get shot on the spot... How long would that there copper keep his job?

The difference is that she is a constitutional monarch, a head of state, whereas you are king of where? What lands do you rule over? How many subjects do you lead?

The difference is that she is a constitutional monarch, a head of state, whereas you are king of where? What lands do you rule over? How many subjects do you lead?

Then what is a 'King' in ED?

Have you any idea how many Parmisq'an sacks I had to deliver to get to King? Obscene I tell you.. All that bio waste, and those final 8 teabags to make the ultimate rank.

There's a lack of respect in ED, does nobody know an Imperial King when they encounter one?

ORFF WITH THEIR HEADS. Hang them in the gallows... Tie their heads to a door handle and instantaneously decompress the airlock. Respect they shall know!

PS
What lands do you rule over? How many subjects do you lead?

I don't rule over any lands. I RULE COUNTLESS PLANETS! and I have several subjects including Maths, English, Science, Geography, History and Origami.

Top Bottom