ANNOUNCEMENT Important: Update 1.5 coming soon!

I know I can not have everything I want, but in my view investing in dinosaurs is worth more than in attractions, dinosaurs are more important, current attractions are enough

But we already have over 50 dinosaurs... How many buildings do we have? Like 10 maybe... SO the dinosaurs have already gotten ALL the attention in this game... And what would be the challenge in a Site B, where the dinosaurs are breeding? You just wanna look at them? The dinosaurs doesn't really do anything to begin with, because of the AI. Now there'll be herding at least, but I would be bored after 10 minutes of just looking at a videogame. I want to play. It's a game, not a movie. We got those already. :D

I agree, they can do it all, I think the free upgrade systems and paid DLCs are good for developers as well as for the community, no matter what the upgrade will be. import the constant updates of the game to keep them active!

Note* ''Dinosaur breeding could be implemented in a new game mode (Site B) where we would create free dinosaurs and they would reproduce themselves.'' is good a idea

But let's say they focus all their attention on making babies and juveniles... That means there won't be any other improvements for a year maybe. All their current players have moved on at that time... Maybe there'll be new consoles, all that. It would just stagnate the entire game IMO. People need more than baby dinosaurs to keep playing this game...

I think this must be the next move... there is nosense of having baby dinos... 100+ dinos species if we have all the 100 parks we made exactly the same

I agree. We might have a crazy load of dino's, but if all the parks look identical, it just gets boring... Already is kind of boring TBH. But I still enjoy it with a cold coke. Hahah. Sorry if I can't write that admins. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
But let's say they focus all their attention on making babies and juveniles... That means there won't be any other improvements for a year maybe. All their current players have moved on at that time... Maybe there'll be new consoles, all that. It would just stagnate the entire game IMO. People need more than baby dinosaurs to keep playing this game...

I'm not saying this is a priority, I'm just saying it's a great addition. The AI system does not have many functions, I think it has few buildings, visitors are very empty, need a visitor's vision, we need creatures in the air and in the sea

Nothing to see, you can create several documentaries to post on YouTube about the lives of free dinosaurs, large herds, exciting battles without constructions and human interference. Site B opens several possibilities. It would be reasonable to accept a trailer on the island, an expedition to observe the dinosaurs, take pictures of the parents with the puppies, create groups of dinosaurs. Summarizing the natural life of dinosaurs. Want challenges? The challenge mode is out, understand that there are people who love to admire the beauty of dinosaurs. You already have campaign mode and challenge mode

In the first film, the very phrase "Life Finds a Way" refers to the possibility of the dinosaurs reproducing themselves, but with the new films they took the phrase of context

But I just don't really see the point in "looking" at the dinosaurs in a videogame. Especially a park builder game... There's plenty of movies and documentaries to observe the animals. A game is made to be played. :D

Man, this is just a different way to play, nobody is forced to make video of the game to post on youtube, it's just an option, what's the problem? Understand that what's boring for you is cool for many others

Everyones looking at baby dinosaurs the wrong way. You see, the easier way to get babies in is to size down the current dino models, increase the pitch of the sounds, and have the baby increase size percent until it's an adult. If you want dinos to breed and take care of the children, add nests, and new animations. The animations, nests, and growing up would take around... say... five months at least.

Everyones looking at baby dinosaurs the wrong way. You see, the easier way to get babies in is to size down the current dino models, increase the pitch of the sounds, and have the baby increase size percent until it's an adult. If you want dinos to breed and take care of the children, add nests, and new animations. The animations, nests, and growing up would take around... say... five months at least.

Tricky part with that is animation. There would be a lot of animation changes. As dinosaur eggs pretty much had a maximum size (to do with oxygen penetration of the shell surface compared to volume of it), a newly hatched t-rex would be the same size a newly hatched diplodocus. And a Gallimimus might only be half the size when hatching (they have to be running for their life from birth).Much the same way lion cubs take weeks but impala take minutes.

So the growth rate is different. And if, like the real world, the youngsters are likely to be the 'easiest prey' then all the kill animations would have to be scaled for all ages of attacker against many ages of prey.
Even if you only had four ages (the fist being chick which you would not have combat animation for) then you're talking from 3-9 times as many combat animations. I say less than 9 because a young t-rex is not going to attack anything older than a young Crichtonsaurus else it would come off badly.

Just wanted to point out - it's too much work.

However, the JW film does include a kiddie ride on baby dinosaurs so a "short release" mid-development (to be returned for completion after a while) could be doable to realise an extra aspect of the films within the game.

It's not really that simple at all... babies in general aren't just smaller, but completely differently proportioned... they'd have to alter the models beyond just size to make them look like babies, and that would likely involve altering the animations...

It's not really that simple at all... babies in general aren't just smaller, but completely differently proportioned... they'd have to alter the models beyond just size to make them look like babies, and that would likely involve altering the animations...

Yes indeed. And baby animals look way different with only months apart, during the growing stages. You can't just make one baby model, if they are going to grow. That might take 25 models before it reaches adulthood. Now multiply that with 53 dinosaurs...

Frontier herself says that she works hard to improve the game, and the guys are only complaining, well, it's getting annoying, they do not want to see the game improve

All they can do is complain that it's hard to make babies, what a mess! Let Frontier work in peace. How do you know it's difficult? Do you know the way Frontier works? DO NOT. So how are they saying it's hard!!??

Use the edit button please @Guilherme.

Also, I learned during my NWN that everytime someone says "It shouldn't be difficult to do X" a kitten is smashed through a window.

Think of the Kittens.

Top Bottom