News Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta Update (Week 3)

So far, excellent release, apart from a few disappointments.

- No new dedicated mining or exploration ship

You seem to not notice that the Krait Phantom is IMHO a pure upgrade and better exploration ship than the Asp-X if the #'s on the coriolis site are correct. You can fit in more AND get a better jump range. So if the extra cost isn't an issue then I don't see why it wouldn't be a better exploration ship.

You seem to not notice that the Krait Phantom is IMHO a pure upgrade and better exploration ship than the Asp-X if the #'s on the coriolis site are correct. You can fit in more AND get a better jump range. So if the extra cost isn't an issue then I don't see why it wouldn't be a better exploration ship.

If the numbers are right, I agree. I played with a build today and the Phantom was bigger better stronger faster and losing the over-revved Piper Cub engine sound is another plus.

I'm inclined to agree based on raw numbers alone. There are several factors that would make the difference for me, and I'll have to spend some more time in the beta this week to see how they shake out:

1. How does it handle in SC compared to the AspX?

2. How does the cockpit view compare to the AspX?

3. How does it land and handle planetside, and what is the ground clearance like for the SRV?

I would expect the same SC handling, given same size class and about 10t less mass, but I haven't checked it out. The cockpit view I feel is actually a bit of a toss-up: the AspX has overall better visibility, but the Krait seems to have superior downwards visibility, which seems very relevant to me when landing on planets. Finally, the handling and ground clearance is actually a concern for me--one of my few complaints about the Asp is the poor ground clearance that often results in the SRV getting hung up on terrain when deploying or returning.

Numerically speaking though, the Phantom looks like a straight upgrade to the AspX. I've had my AspX for years and love it dearly, but I may make the switch depending on how it plays.

Hoping they fixed the CZ BGS behavior regarding completing scenarios/goals in the CZ. Currently finishing goals has no effect on war, just like CZ massacre missions have no impact on the BGS wars. I really wonder why they bother adding all of this cool new scenario content if it's a toy steering wheel facade that's attached to nothing?

Hello Commanders,

We’re pleased to announce when the next set of beta content for Beyond - Chapter Four will be deployed to the beta server!

Great stuff @Will & the whole team at FDev.

Can we please also get a changelog as to what fixes and tweaks to the previous couple of weeks functionality are included? This will help us to know what areas to focus our testing on.

Thanks!

Hoping they fixed the CZ BGS behavior regarding completing scenarios/goals in the CZ. Currently finishing goals has no effect on war, just like CZ massacre missions have no impact on the BGS wars. I really wonder why they bother adding all of this cool new scenario content if it's a toy steering wheel facade that's attached to nothing?

why should it be different for that stuff as with the rest of the things they add.
multicrew was released, but thoroughly left alone.
engineering was revamped, but soon after left alone with any new module released being un-moddable tech broker stuff or just not getting any blueprints (limpet controller)
thargoid/guardian stuff is very much isolated, except damaged stations.

I can't wait for patch notes. I hope It's gonna be some optimistic news about mining fixes [ugh] Really wish...:(

Awesome.
Can't wait to try out the new ships.
I think everything you all are doing is absolutely fantastic.
Don't let the negative people on here even bother.
A update that you guys could have easily made a paid update, and it's all good.
It's amazing that people are already complaining about something that they haven't even done.
Buy it. Try it. If you like it.
Good.
If you don't, be quiet and do something else.
Beta is for testing.
Test.
Want the game to be better for you and everyone else.
Constructive criticism and possible solutions. Not whining and moaning.

Last edited:
BQ3iCii.png

Gag.... :x

Just as bad to read as the moaning and whining.

Awesome.
Can't wait to try out the new ships.
I think everything you all are doing is absolutely fantastic.
Don't let the negative people on here even bother.
A update that you guys could have easily made a paid update, and it's all good.
It's amazing that people are already complaining about something that they haven't even done.
Buy it. Try it. If you like it.
Good.
If you don't, be quiet and do something else.
Beta is for testing.
Test.
Want the game to be better for you and everyone else.
Constructive criticism and possible solutions. Not whining and moaning.

Anyways, so I leave some focus on the beta. I would like to see more functionality between squadrons. I.E. Forming coalitions, specific rank comms, multi-platform message sharing, forming sub-wings within squadrons and making the tags 3-5 instead of 4 characters long.

Also, other issues that MUST be addressed soon if not in the beta include:

- Xbox One: More than 2 SRVs on a planet without crashing.
- Smoother Deaths/Explosions without freezing framerate.
- 2 AI Fighters at the same time (Like 3 CMDRs Multicrew).
- Multicrew with Wings.
- Less lag between opening the mission board.
- Less lag between opening the galaxy/ system map.
- Less lag between jumping in and out of supercruise.
- Better mission payouts and balancing for specific mission types.
- Ability to stack Guardian Frame Shift Drive Boosters (Long Exploration Trips).
- Guardian Components getting stuck in the Obelisks (Gotta jump SRV to them).
- Better multicrew rewards and/or mission sharing. Make it worth it.
- Maybe an auto-leave station? I know it would help traders with plotting as they disembark.
- Auto request dock option (you can turn on/off) when you are 7,500km from station.
- Fix holographic representations so I don't have to go to my contacts panel to fix them (Stations / Outposts)
- Various interdiction graphic errors (going through planets, shaking, interdicting at the same time as jumping into a station.
- Fix the whole "Times you turn in Bonds/Cargo matter and the Total amount doesnt" in regards to BGS Influence.
- Various ridiculous hot-spots for passenger missions, imperial grinding and fed grinding. (IE Robigo).
- Locked Sectors? Seriously, I say no more...

That's all i got off the top of my head and there are a TON more, I'm sure of it. But these are things I would rather get fixed over any new flashy content. Unless it's a Panther Clipper, I know it could fit through the slot with an autodock lol... :cool:

Last edited:
why should it be different for that stuff as with the rest of the things they add.
multicrew was released, but thoroughly left alone.
engineering was revamped, but soon after left alone with any new module released being un-moddable tech broker stuff or just not getting any blueprints (limpet controller)
thargoid/guardian stuff is very much isolated, except damaged stations.

Frontier took the time to create a war-status interface and to create CZ scenarios. It would be totally crazy if they left it so that CZ Scenario completion has ZERO impact on the BGS wars.

Also, other issues that MUST be addressed soon if not in the beta include:

- Smoother Deaths/Explosions without freezing framerate.
- Less lag between opening the mission board.
- Less lag between opening the galaxy/ system map.
- Less lag between jumping in and out of supercruise.
- Ability to stack Guardian Frame Shift Drive Boosters (Long Exploration Trips).
- Guardian Components getting stuck in the Obelisks (Gotta jump SRV to them).
- Maybe an auto-leave station? I know it would help traders with plotting as they disembark.
- Auto request dock option (you can turn on/off) when you are 7,500km from station.
- Fix holographic representations so I don't have to go to my contacts panel to fix them (Stations / Outposts)
- Locked Sectors? Seriously, I say no more...

Not sure the above (edited) list really count as MUST haves.

Also note - "mission board lag" is being fixed (allegedly) with the new dedicated mission server and "locked sectors" are mostly there to reserve areas for future gameplay (I would suggest) and, although it would be nice to see some content appearing in at least one or two of these sectors soon, I don't really see an issue with many of these remaining locked for years to come.

o7

Agreed, some of those were optional. But the Xbox SRVs crash issue, interdiction bugs, Muticrew, Wing, and Mission payouts need to be addressed. If not in this release, the next one.

It is a shame that console players are unable to join in the beta, as it is they have to wait for the release before their feedback can be given.

Top Bottom