Guide / Tutorial ANCIENT GUARDIANS MISSION GUIDE,Step by Step;111MCr(was 201MCr)

So how long does it take to do this mission then roughly?

And apart from the CR, do you get anything else. eg: Guardian related materials etc?

you'll also get data of various sorts that you'll need in addition to the Guardian site parts to unlock the stuff at the tech broker. If you use Route #2, you can do it rather quickly. You also get a lot of practice at planetary landings, the co-ordinate system on planets, and you can always go out and gather mats around the ruins sites. And the 111m cr for the full mission doesn't hurt, nor does getting your exploration rank up.

Just thought I would tidy my notes a bit (only a tiny bit really, since it still is pretty messy) to help others:

SYNUEFE TP-F B44-0 | CD 1 | 31.88, -100.05 (Alpha) https://ruins.canonn.technology/#GR172

Errors on map:
D07 - ToTa (Culture 5) displayed as OrTa (Technology 5)

This would be the obelisk listed as number 12 on the route 2 map.
Staring at it right now, I have found that it is, in fact, OrTa and not ToTa.

Perhaps it might come in handy to those looking for a particular Codex entry, but since it does change quite a bit (the OP's guide is the 3rd guide I came across), it could be out of date as you read it now.

Definitely looks like there are variances from time to time.

EDIT: Despite the icons on the obelisk showing OrTa, it is in fact correctly activated with ToTa giving C5. A similar problem is displayed with the 6th obelisk on page 3 of route 2 where activation requires ToCa, but the icons show CaCa.

Last edited:
Greeting CMDRs,

I finally got around to doing the Ram Tah mission, and just wanted to say as of today (August 12, 2018), the Route 1 guide is viable and 100% correct.
I tried using Route 2, however noticed some discrepancies in locations/artifacts that needed to be used.

Cheers

Greeting CMDRs,

I finally got around to doing the Ram Tah mission, and just wanted to say as of today (August 12, 2018), the Route 1 guide is viable and 100% correct.
I tried using Route 2, however noticed some discrepancies in locations/artifacts that needed to be used.

Cheers

Hmm. Route 2 is the one I've used a couple times now, and I've followed the guide & maps exactly with no trouble. There hasn't been an update since I last did it, so I'm not sure what's up.

I decided to give this mission a try too now. But I found following, may be dognosh should mention this in his first post...

The mission is startet by receiving the message from RAM TAH. But...

If you dock first on FELICE DOCK, you will receive a msg from RAM TAH and an entry in Transactions,
rewarding you 10.000.000 credits for the mission.
If you dock on WEBER DOCK, you will receive a different message from RAM TAH and additional entry in Transactions,
rewarding you 30.000.000 credits for the mission.

Don't know if both are working parallel (should be tested). Additional I've read in another topic, that the FELICE DOCK mission is the old one.

Last edited:
I decided to give this mission a try too now. But I found following, may be dognosh should mention this in his first post...

The mission is startet by receiving the message from RAM TAH. But...

If you dock first on FELICE DOCK, you will receive a msg from RAM TAH and an entry in Transactions,
rewarding you 10.000.000 credits for the mission.
If you dock on WEBER DOCK, you will receive a different message from RAM TAH and additional entry in Transactions,
rewarding you 30.000.000 credits for the mission.

Don't know if both are working parallel (should be tested). Additional I've read in another topic, that the FELICE DOCK mission is the old one.

They're 2 different missions (although they're both based on scanning Guardian obelisks). Both can be taken and done at the same time (but locations are different)

- Decoding the Ancient Ruins. This is the original Ram Tah mission, and is the one this guide covers. It's the one you got from Felie Dock. You need to go to Ancient Ruins to do this mission.

- Decrypting the Guardian Logs - This is a new mission that came with 3.0. You need to go to Guardian Structures to do this mission.

Just a note on the rewards. Both have rewards as follows:

- 1MCr per successful scan / log obtained
- A bonus for getting all the scans/logs for that mission. These are the rewards you mention - 10MCr for Decoding the Ancient Ruins, and 30MCr for Deciphering the Guardian Logs.

There's 101 scans/logs for Decoding the Ancient Ruins and 28 scans/logs for Deciphering the Guardian Logs.

You can hand in the mission at any point before the timer runs out and you'll be paid for the scans/logs collected, but you'll only get the bonus if you hand the mission in having got all the scans/logs for that mission.

Hope that helps!

YEAH. So I finished the RAM TAH 'Ancient Ruins' mission with a reward of 111.000.000 Credits. :-D

I did Route 2 and had some oddities.

Sometimes the signs on the Obelisk did not fit to the named items in the pictures.
But the items from the guide were the right ones to get the data/message and reward. Strange, that the signs show wrong items to use.

One time I did not get a message (was no. 20 of language tech message whats missing), but got the reward of 1.000.000, so anything OK.
One time I got duplicate message (no. 17 of the language tech msg got twice).
Often I was shocked by a warning msg on screen that encyption did not work, but got the message and the reward - odd...

But afterall, it worked. I did the mission in my DiamondBack Explorer with ~60 LJ jump range. Best ship for this mission because
the ship is small enough to land everywhere easiest.

So thanks to dognosh (and the others involved) for this Guide here!

Last edited:
Thank you so much Commander for this awesome guide. For the first time i feel this whole Alienthing is not a topic for High-grade mathematicians:) i did route 2, but not under 13 parsec, more over 6 hours. Haha. Big rep o7

So I got the mission (the one from felis dock - ancient ruins 10mil)) a few days ago (about the same time the 3.3 beta came out) and since then I've been playing around with the beta to familiarize myself with the new explo mechanisms and now I realize I have about 2 and a half weeks for the mission so my question is can I abandon it and redock at the felix dock and retake the mission - effectively resetting the mission timer?? Or am I going to p*ss off Mr Ram-Tah and never be given the chance to get the msiion again? Thanks in advance for any response.

So I got the mission (the one from felis dock - ancient ruins 10mil)) a few days ago (about the same time the 3.3 beta came out) and since then I've been playing around with the beta to familiarize myself with the new explo mechanisms and now I realize I have about 2 and a half weeks for the mission so my question is can I abandon it and redock at the felix dock and retake the mission - effectively resetting the mission timer?? Or am I going to p*ss off Mr Ram-Tah and never be given the chance to get the msiion again? Thanks in advance for any response.

Hi. Read this post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...onus-Rewards?p=6961377&viewfull=1#post6961377

Regarding the first sentence there, you may take the mission again from start. And one may repeat the mission again and again, if like.

Thanks for the info. But these guys have partially done the mission. I have not done anything. I hope I can get it back. I am doing the com.goal atm.

Hello and thank you so much for this guide. As a working parent, it's really saved me so much time and effort in being able to participate in the Guardian ruins and of course, enjoying the rewards!

I'm just wondering though, do the locations and layouts of the sites change?

The reason I ask is that I firstly went to the Ancient Ruins site at SYNUEFE TP-F B44-0 CD 1 (59.33, 15.1) which is the first site listed under Route 2 and I was able to complete all 19 scans no problems!
However, when I went to the second site on this planet (at 31.88, -100.05) the layout was completely different to the one indicated in the picture (http://i.imgur.com/VxVufGi.jpg).
It was pitch black too which didn't help however I was able to figure out that it is actually in the layout of COL 173 SECTOR OE-P D6-11 B3 (2, -10.67).

Is this a known feature or bug? :)

Thanks! o7

Is this a known feature or bug? :)

Are you absolutely, positively sure you were at the correct set of ruins? I had the same problem as you describe, but I discovered that there were two sites right next to each other on whatever planet that was - close enough that the coordinates looked correct. That's the only time I ran into an issue - it was "user error." The ruins themselves should be entirely static - the only time we've seen them change has been after an update (and iirc, FDev restored them in the next update, so these awesome guides were accurate once again).

tl;dr - The ruins should always be the same, otherwise the guides wouldn't work.

I completed route 2 last week, these are the numbers of the ruins on the said planets, you don't need to search for coordinates anymore:
1st system: Ruins 3, Ruins 1
2nd system: Ruins 2
3rd system: Ruins 2
4th system: Ruins 3
5th system: Ruins 1
6th system: Ruins 1
7th system: Ruins 1
8th system: Ruins 2
9th system: Ruins 1
10th system: Ruins 1

Glad you're still using this guide all :)

So how long does it take to do this mission then roughly?

And apart from the CR, do you get anything else. eg: Guardian related materials etc?
I believe it used to take me 5 to 8 hours(can't remember) , so don't do it for the dosh.
Yes, lots and lots of the guardian encoded mats.

Top Bottom