Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 3)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
In case any dev is reading this, and has a list of my previous posts. What i am about to type may shock you...

NICE JOB!!!

(Mostly)

I can't say i tried everything new, have no idea how those scenarios play out. But, i will try them in live, i am mostly interested on how the core game mechanics work like.
But i did a lot of exploration and mining, and i must say, i am very pleased with the new additions.
But, i do have a few long lasting complains about the game, and not being able to hire a gunner npc to assign targets to, and swap places with to gain control of turreted modules, is the one that really bugs me when using the new mining tools.

Allso, as others have pointed out, when switching HUD modes, modules i can't use in one mode or, an other, shouldn't show up at all.

An other little thing that i don't like so much, is the return of the resource extraction sites. I was hoping they would be replaced with the new mining hot spots, specially since that is exactly what they were supposed to be.

Some more survivability added to collection limpets would be wellcomed as well.

Glad to know of what i read in an other person's post, you added some indicator to the selestial bodies that are fully scanned by both discovery and ditailed surfice scanners.

and i guess the two new ships will be awesome, and i am looking forwards to try them...

Now, about those long lasting complains i mentioned earlier...

Any chance you would add a new game mode with full Newtonian physics, and a suplimental, not speed limiting flight assist?
I don't have any problem with space ships having a top speed limit. But, slowing down after boosting, sucks.

As i wrote in an other post of mine. If you want to make elite a trully great game, maybe you sould add drilling tools and submargable probes related to ice moons and planets, when you decide to add those to landable bodies, and apply to those submergable the flight mechanics we have now to control our space ships.

( I don't mean to be sarcastic, this time, But, the way our space ships move like, is more suitable to a deep sea game, not a space game.)

Mentioning the phrase "landable bodies" reminds me of an other little thing i like to see gone...
That thing when i was scanning gas giants, icy bodies, and even stars, and i was invariantly getting the "selestial object added to the list of landable planets" message on the info panel. Glad to know i wont ever read this line ever again.

I am really happy to see elite dangerous evolving to become the game i was hoping it would be when i bought it.

Please take my proposal about normal space flight mechanics under concideration, it really saddens me to see a space ship slowing down in frictionless enviroment, even for after just taking pips off the engine distributor.

I better stop now before slipping to yet an other rant...

Good job Frontier development.

Glad to see there is a lot of thought put to all those new features, this time.

(Edit)

About those head lights of the space ships.

Since we only get the weak inadequate dipped beam, why give us a two dots indicator?

And why haven't you added a spot light on the srv's turret?

Hopefully, you will fix the half beam only headlights problem, now that we have a head lights indicator, only working half way.
I have faith on you frontier.

Last edited:
On that note why not completing the job FD and finally making the hidden hud on/off command an in game, mappable key with a nice subtle tick sound to it when toggling.

We have lights, night vision, two types of hud, orbital lines, let us now toggle the actual game hud on and off please, it actually goes a long way to visual acquisition when hunting details ahead, or just when you just want to take in the view.
Thanks

CTRL+ALT+G or if you want just set an AHK macro to do it, you can even make it click if you want

On that note why not completing the job FD and finally making the hidden hud on/off command an in game, mappable key with a nice subtle tick sound to it when toggling.

We have lights, night vision, two types of hud, orbital lines, let us now toggle the actual game hud on and off please, it actually goes a long way to visual acquisition when hunting details ahead, or just when you just want to take in the view.
Thanks

Please, no.

Git gud with camera drone.

Edit: Already in? Good. They should Focus main development.

Last edited:
I have mothballed Elite for the beta period as I want to enjoy the finished stuff - this also means I'm a bit disconnected with how it goes.

The question is: is there is a consensus what the release date window can be? The last bit went live last week, so I guess by end of November it could go live...? Unless there are tons of issues.

Beta week 4? AWTY?

giphy.gif

I have mothballed Elite for the beta period as I want to enjoy the finished stuff - this also means I'm a bit disconnected with how it goes.

The question is: is there is a consensus what the release date window can be? The last bit went live last week, so I guess by end of November it could go live...? Unless there are tons of issues.

My personal prediction for 3.3 going live is Thursday December 13.

With 3.0, there were three weeks before end of beta and it going live. Mid december is my guess.

It is not last bit, we will have beta update this week as confirmed by developers on Friday. Beta ends in next week, 26th November, mid December release.

Well looking at the bug reports (not that it matters) plus the feed back I would think mid to end of Dec.

No need to mothball as the main game is running on normally, not in there myself as I am pottering around in the Beta but no reason those not involved should give up their fix.

My guess is that the release date will be in 3 or 4 weeks from today at earliest and the last week of December at latest.

There are probably fewer issues than that but there are issues both great and small from our point of view as players.

Is there any hope FD will map directional controls to match existing key binding e.g. exploration, as the thought of re-mapping my keys yet again is such a turn off.

Never had an issue before but really, now we need map camera controls for exploration - at least I hope they allow us to use the same keys otherwise its just gonna eat into my playtime and give me another reason to wait this season out until all the other bugs are patched first before I dedicate time to key orientation classes.

Other than that a nice overhaul. I like the new exploration ui but it feels too simplistic, a bit sticky, as if its been bolted on, but that could be the additional keys that I now have to map talking.

Last edited:
There is a nice feature in Beta: they are marking the unused controls for the new stuff so it's easy to see what you need to add.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom