Black Market and Legal Goods

Currently when you have anonymous protocols you cannot access the commodities market. That’s fine and fair, but it’s really weird that the Black Market won’t let you sell your legal cargo to them. While a legitimate buisness caring about the legality of cargo makes sense, it’s absolutely nonsensical that a criminal market wouldn’t put a price for purchasing cargo that doesn’t have a stolen tag on it.

My suggestion is that Legal Cargo should be able to be sold on the Black Market as if it was illegal. Commodities market would still not accept illegal commodities or wanted CMDRs, but the Black Market would accept any cargo regardless of it’s status.

Likely it’s just an oversight as Anonymous Protocols changed the need for this in the first place, but it’s an overlooked issue that would help out smugglers and pirates.

I think it's more like....

"Hey man, i'm a drug dealer and an arms runner... what am I going to do with your load o scond hand dish washers and toasters Man? I wouldn't even know how to shift that stuff, I don't have any contacts to move it on, and frankly even if I could I'd only get a fraction of the price, cos... you know... I'm and arms dealler and people will ask all sorts of questions about where i got all these white goods!... Tell you what I'll take all 100 tons off your hands for 50 credits... just to help you out. I guess I could sell them as scrap...."

Currently when you have anonymous protocols you cannot access the commodities market. That’s fine and fair, but it’s really weird that the Black Market won’t let you sell your legal cargo to them. While a legitimate buisness caring about the legality of cargo makes sense, it’s absolutely nonsensical that a criminal market wouldn’t put a price for purchasing cargo that doesn’t have a stolen tag on it.

My suggestion is that Legal Cargo should be able to be sold on the Black Market as if it was illegal. Commodities market would still not accept illegal commodities or wanted CMDRs, but the Black Market would accept any cargo regardless of it’s status.

Likely it’s just an oversight as Anonymous Protocols changed the need for this in the first place, but it’s an overlooked issue that would help out smugglers and pirates.

Makes good sense!
+1 :)

EDIT:

Hmm, I just thought about how this could be exploited.

Buy a bunch of legal goods, and bring them into port completely risk-free.

Fluff my docking up to earn myself a minor fine, to give me anonymous access.

Sell my legal goods on the black market and decrease the influence of the controlling faction in doing so.

It's hardly game-breaking, but it negates the teeny bit of risk that's involved with smuggling goods to damage a faction.

Last edited:

"Hey man, i'm a drug dealer and an arms runner... what am I going to do with your load o scond hand dish washers and toasters Man? I wouldn't even know how to shift that stuff, I don't have any contacts to move it on, and frankly even if I could I'd only get a fraction of the price, cos... you know... I'm and arms dealler and people will ask all sorts of questions about where i got all these white goods!... Tell you what I'll take all 100 tons off your hands for 50 credits... just to help you out. I guess I could sell them as scrap...."

Read the OP, +1 great idea! :)
Read this post and reconsidered. Repped for the lulz :p

Makes good sense!
+1 :)

EDIT:

Hmm, I just thought about how this could be exploited.

Buy a bunch of legal goods, and bring them into port completely risk-free.

Fluff my docking up to earn myself a minor fine, to give me anonymous access.

Sell my legal goods on the black market and decrease the influence of the controlling faction in doing so.

It's hardly game-breaking, but it negates the teeny bit of risk that's involved with smuggling goods to damage a faction.

Simple solution: Legal good cargo sold on black market has no rep change. Only illegal goods on the Black Market have an effect.

Black Markets sell anything, including food.

If I have a mix of 15 legal basic medicines and 10 illegal basic medicines, I’d currently only be able to sell the illegal BM on the Black Market. All I’m saying is that the Black Market should be able to accept both legal and illegal cargo, even if the pay for the legal goods wouldn’t be as high as the legal market.

Black Markets sell anything, including food.

NO. Black markets sell things that illegal, or have restrictions, or don't meet the standards set on the normral market.
Black markets do not compete with legal markets where the goods are cheap, unrestricted and of proven quality. Why? because there isn't any money to be made!

NO. Black markets sell things that illegal, or have restrictions, or don't meet the standards set on the normral market.
Black markets do not compete with legal markets where the goods are cheap, unrestricted and of proven quality. Why? because there isn't any money to be made!

Of course theres money to be made, Black markets should also take goods that are legal from those that would be unable to touch the legal market cause they are wanted. The black market profits because they pay a lower price than the regular market, and then flip the good to the legal market.

Me selling a legal good on the black market would pay less than if I sold the legal good on the regular market, it’s not unbalanced at all. If I’m offering to sell legal medicine and illegal medicine, both the same product, to the black market for the same price they should happily take it as they would have no scruples about legality.

All very much a moot point when discussing Elite blackmarkets, since they don't sell anything. Which is silly, and lazy implementation by FD - especially since blackmarkets are clearly just a copy/paste from commodity markets.

Top Bottom