The thing that really isn't reasonable: Console SRV crash.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
Hi.

Frontier, it's been a year now.

And you still haven't fixed the multi-SRV crash on the consoles.

This is a plea. If you can't fix it, tell us.

Frankly us console CMDRs just want to be put out of misery now. If that means giving up hope, so be it. It's better than waiting for something that will never come.

CMDR Un1k0rn

Hi.

Frontier, it's been a year now.

And you still haven't fixed the multi-SRV crash on the consoles.

This is a plea. If you can't fix it, tell us.

Frankly us console CMDRs just want to be put out of misery now. If that means giving up hope, so be it. It's better than waiting for something that will never come.

CMDR Un1k0rn

1: Have you reported it to the bug forum?

2: Is it possible to reproduce it?

Coding isn't magic, if you have a problem many do not share, and you cannot reproduce it easily, then it is VERY difficult to find and fix a problem.
Think of it like finding a needle not just in a haystack but in a field with haystacks, not knowing which it is in.

If you are able to go "when i sit in that haystack over there, i felt something sharp and metal" then yeah they have an idea of where to look and go at it, if not......yeah.

Opens bag of popcorn and awaits Old Duck to appear and explode...

It's a well known and reported bug for PS4 users

Deleted member 110222

D

Coding isn't magic, if you have a problem many do not share, and you cannot reproduce it easily, then it is VERY difficult to find and fix a problem.
Think of it like finding a needle not just in a haystack but in a field with haystacks, not knowing which it is in.

If you are able to go "when i sit in that haystack over there, i felt something sharp and metal" then yeah they have an idea of where to look and go at it, if not......yeah.

Dude you're kidding right?

Go ask about in the console boards. I dare you.

Deleted member 110222

D

And yes. There are bug reports. Loads.

And we can reproduce it on demand.

The fact it still persists is insulting.

Deleted member 110222

D
So they quietly moved this thread to Xbox?

That says a lot.

Oh! the "issue" has been reported numerous times, so Yes is the answer to your question.

Yes it is 100% possible to reproduce the issue, simply get 3 or 4 CMDRs on the same planet and in the same location and in SRVs. Once you do that the game will crash.

We all know coding isn't magic, especially the programmers amongst us. However, you seem to be missing the point. EVERY ONE ON THE XBOX/PS4 HAS THE PROBLEM! So yes, it should be extremely easy to reproduce, the fact that they either cannot or don't want to speaks volumes. All it would take is the QA Dept getting 3 or 4 xbox consoles and playing the game, landing on a planet along with the other 3 CMDRs and getting in the SRVs at which point the game crashes. Now surely they have some monitor stuff they can having running to help pin point the cause of the problem.

But that's just the problem, it is very reproducible so they (FDev) should know exactly where to look for the problem... they just don't. So yeah!

Funny guy!

With only a few weeks to go before the biggest community event in Elite Dangerous history, this bug has the real possibility for killing the event for all PS4 and Xbox commanders. It has been bug reported, we have spoken directly to the community managers, even higher-ups in FDev. If 3.4 does not fix this issue, I predict that the wave of console salt will be so high you'll be able to walk to the moon on it. Fingers crossed for a December 11th fix.

Deleted member 110222

D
Oh! the "issue" has been reported numerous times, so Yes is the answer to your question.

Yes it is 100% possible to reproduce the issue, simply get 3 or 4 CMDRs on the same planet and in the same location and in SRVs. Once you do that the game will crash.

We all know coding isn't magic, especially the programmers amongst us. However, you seem to be missing the point. EVERY ONE ON THE XBOX/PS4 HAS THE PROBLEM! So yes, it should be extremely easy to reproduce, the fact that they either cannot or don't want to speaks volumes. All it would take is the QA Dept getting 3 or 4 xbox consoles and playing the game, landing on a planet along with the other 3 CMDRs and getting in the SRVs at which point the game crashes. Now surely they have some monitor stuff they can having running to help pin point the cause of the problem.

But that's just the problem, it is very reproducible so they (FDev) should know exactly where to look for the problem... they just don't. So yeah!

Thank you.

Thank you.
No bother at all.

Yes, it says it was posted in the wrong forum. If you disagree with a moderator decision, PM Brett.
The thing is, do the people that can make any difference at all to the issue mentioned visit the Xbox/PS4 parts of the forum?

If they do then fine, if not the thread really needs putting somewhere where the relevant people can see it.

Other than that I will be seriously thinking about a refund on the Xbox, and I mean a refund of everything I have spent on the game. After all no point having paint jobs I can no longer use along with a game that is NOT multi-player therefore does not do what it says on the tin.

I know Lloyd reads the forum, he's the Elite console producer. If we want anyone to read the Xbox forum, it's him.

The devs are aware that's it's the single biggest issue concerning console players.

Deleted member 110222

D
I know Lloyd reads the forum, he's the Elite console producer. If we want anyone to read the Xbox forum, it's him.

The devs are aware that's it's the single biggest issue concerning console players.

So why can't they give us an update that isn't a canned response?

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
So why can't they give us an update that isn't a canned response?

Well I feel your pain, this is my number one issue with the game at the moment and has been for a while, I guess Lloyd can only tell us what he knows, the worry for me is they still don't seem to have isolated the issue as its all a bit vague. There might be something fundamental but, who knows. It would be nice to get another update as it has been a long time, even for a canned response.

Other than that I will be seriously thinking about a refund on the Xbox, and I mean a refund of everything I have spent on the game. After all no point having paint jobs I can no longer use along with a game that is NOT multi-player therefore does not do what it says on the tin.

Lad you are in no way entitled to a refund of all money you spent. The SRV works (just fine on its own) and the game is multiplayer (which works fine just not with 3 or more players in SRVs at the same location). While I get the bug is frustrating for you and a number of players there is zero reason for your illogical overreaction.

verminstar

Banned

Are they? Have they said as much or are ye just guessing cos they have been asked many times directly and still, a year and 3 months on to be more precise, Ive yet to see anything that confirms what ye just claimed. And while Ive been away doing other things until this bug is fixed, I still follow this forum pretty close.

And while we on the subject of devs who read the console subs, the last time this came up a certain dev suggested making an error report using a function that doesnt exist on xbox at all...an inconvenient little detail that was pointed out fairly quickly mamking the dev look like he didnt have a clue about consoles in general. Much like xdonk on the first page who seems to think this is a new problem when actually its one of the oldest and most long running bugs on both consoles.

So much fer 2018 being the year we get quality of life updates...maybe it only applies to pc players cos it sorta feels like they couldnt care less about consoles. Its actually been feeling like that fer a long time and the long running silence on the issue doesnt do a lot to prove that theory wrong.

The patch notes will tell us one way or another...they fix the bug all is well, they dont fix the bug and goodbye guys hope things work out...eventually ^

Lad you are in no way entitled to a refund of all money you spent.
Perhaps not all the money I spent... but we will see after the 11th Dec ;) There may be a refund and a transfer...

The SRV works (just fine on its own) and the game is multiplayer (which works fine just not with 3 or more players in SRVs at the same location).
Point proved! ;) Did you actually read the above, after typing it?

The game cannot be considered multiplayer if an element of the game which is part of the multiplayer experience crashes the game.

While I get the bug is frustrating for you and a number of players there is zero reason for your illogical overreaction.
Wow, zero reasons you say... let me provide a few;

- bug has been an issue for over a year
- no more messing about on planets, racing, climbing mountains etc
- one person can no longer show 3 others where something is, this has to be done 1 at a time... for example Orion's Folly

Top Bottom