Ships 100% mrp protection?!

AnaRaxxla!

I'm desiging my eventual raxxla explorer. I managed to give an anaconda 100% MRP protection.(I will not buy it for manufacturer recomended prices 8d)

1. Does this actually give 100% protection for long range exploration over using shields. Is this a viable alternative?
2. Do you need any other scanners for deep space exploration?

Could I just replace the repair limpet controller for a second amfu?

I wish I could use a repair limpet without a cargo bay. I'm assuming I need the repair limpet very badly and a way to get resources like from a planetary vehicle. But that 100% mrp looks really interesting. Is there a use for it?

AnaRaxxla Pure Scanner

I'm assuming there is no way to get what you need for exploring with the 100% mrp setup.

Last edited:
Eventually the MRP will run out of damage protection and become inoperable until repaired, I'm not sure if the AFMU will repair them (it should as they're modules but if they're at zero integrity probably not), for exploration it's well worth the time getting the Guardian FSD booster, the 5H adds 10.5 LY although you'll probably need a larger powerplant.

BTW the latest updates are available on Coriolis sadly EDSY hasn't been updated recently, also the next update integrates the ADS into the ship freeing up a slot :)

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/ana...GBzANokICMF8hRFA&bn=Anaconda ICS Valiant B+MC

True 100% potential mrp value! Maybe.

AnaRaxxla

Left out the advanced discovery scanner to represent the free slot.

It is greying out one of the MRP's. I wonder if that means you can only get 99.9% mrp protection or is that a site error? Either way it gives an extra slot for the surface discovery scanner. Or is that also free in the next update? I forgot to put it on the build.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/368058-Advanced-discovery-scanner-detailed-surface-scanner

What does he mean you can replace the normal scanner with the DDS so it doesn't take up anymore room?!

You can replace the standard normal scanner with the DDS then it doesn't take up anymore room.

He doesn't mean you can put it in the slot for the planetary approach suite does he?

I'm assuming my build is only good for hunting for raxxla and making money off of scans. What do you need for long term deep exploration. Do you need a research limpet? I'm assuming a planetary explorer, cargo, and repair limpet are also good so you can get resources and synth things. I still wish there was a way to go cargoless with limpets. Say if the limpet controllers had a small ammo amount stored in them and a synth recipe to recharge that and that alone. Something much cheaper than 10/10 resources. I'm assuming the game needs more put in it before they do stuff like that though.

This may be wrong. But something gave me the impression that afmu's repair MRP at ten times the amount. I'm hoping that meant for 10x less resources. Or is it 10x more? If it's 10x less cost then that is very affordable. That would makes a 6b afmu able to repair over 80,000 afmu health. Or is it just like 10x faster repair for the same cost to the afmu reserves. I was hoping having 100% repair and only mrp would make for a very efficient repair setup. Just have to avoid hull damage. Which I'm assuming should be easy for a pure system scanner with ranged scans.

I think this needs testing. How many mrp's until actual 100% damage is absorbed. And does the afmu repair mrp for 1/10th of the cost?

Last edited:
Interesting, the MRP capacity is way above the integrity of the installed modules (630 vs 397) so does this mean that the MRP need to be fully degraded before the modules start losing integrity? or do all the modules degrade equally?

From my perspective I use MRPs as module protection during combat if the shields drop, my limited exploration (Colonia in a 2nd account Krait mk2) that barring accidental heat damage modules don't degrade that quickly (a few % after 20000 + LY)

The DSS still needs a slot I'm afraid.

I think I've read they go one after the other and when one dies it looses the bonus it gives to overall mrp protection. Meaning after the first 70 damage is should be 99.9 and then at 140 it would be 99.8% and would continue to drop with each module. So, if you can res them endlessly with an afmu you could keep it at 100% protection potentially. If what I read was correct that is. That is why if those afmu heal the mrp at 1/10th a point that would be fantastic for this type of build potentially. Outside of loss of function from the lack of those slots. I'm assuming this is only useful for scan ships though. If you used it in combat they would just blow you up via hull. I'm assuming it's overkill for running away.

I'm assuming whether you can get 100% depends on how they deal with rounding at both the damage application and reduction points. Assuming those are different. When does it cut off damage? That might give an idea of when to stop using mrps.

I wonder if a large stack of mrps is good for exploring and using neutron and white stars? Does it stop the damage to allow longer use of the highway? That could be insanely useful for long distance trips. Even without a repair limpet controller.

Last edited:
I'm assuming whether you can get 100% depends on how they deal with rounding at both the damage application and reduction points. Assuming those are different. When does it cut off damage? That might give an idea of when to stop using mrps.

I'd agree, but have no solid answer.
It's going to be pretty insignificant once you get to 3-4, as 3(d rated) is already 93.6% protection.

Why are you trying to get to 100%?
I don't understand.

I was hoping it was a viable alternative to using shields. Particularly if the afmu heal mrp at only 1/10th the cost to it's points. Not sure if that is true either. That or trying to see if it's useful for anything. I was messing with it in edsy and thought it was interesting while trying to figure out an anaconda build for exploration.

I was hoping it was a viable alternative to using shields. Particularly if the afmu heal mrp at only 1/10th the cost to it's points. Not sure if that is true either. That or trying to see if it's useful for anything. I was messing with it in edsy and thought it was interesting while trying to figure out an anaconda build for exploration.

Ok but what kind of module damage are you expecting?

As I recall, mrps don't help with heat damage.

Ok but what kind of module damage are you expecting?

As I recall, mrps don't help with heat damage.

That might be the flaw in the plan. I guess I could test this when I get an anaconda. 8) It's cheap once you have the ship.

Any odds it will protect against neutron and white star use?

Last edited:
That might be the flaw in the plan. I guess I could test this when I get an anaconda. 8) It's cheap once you have the ship.

Any odds it will protect against neutron and white star use?

In any ship with an MRP installed, you can just turn on silent running and cook yourself to test it.

Not if the former is true.

Surface collision damage is all hull too.

I still want to try it with the 100% supposed mrp. Just to make sure. Might find something interesting out. It's a worthwhile test. Plus I can test for things like rounding in damage and if there is a magic cuttoff in general. Might be useful for other applications.

Can't actually get 100% protection. Even if you could, MRPs are depleted sequentially and the first shot would likely knock ones of this size out.

Also, MRPs do nothing against heat. If you aren't expecting to see combat MRPs are dead weight.

Top Bottom