Anyone else hunting for new US/Thargoid sites? Added candidate sites

I've just thought, to see what the Thargoids really like we should remove all systems from the list that have only 1 suitable body for a TS, rather a mammoth task though doing that manually! :eek:

Hi all!
These beta discovery probes are amazing. Beige patrol no longer exist now. I've tried several TS candidates. But nothing except a bunch of bark mounts or geological stuff. The systems I've done are :
Pleiades Sector IW-W c1-9
Mel 22 Sector OD-S c4-0
Aries Dark Region HR-W d1-55
Mel 22 Sector WO-R c4-6
HIP 19761
Mel 22 Sector HH-V d2-18

Well, we should remember it is still a beta. We already saw that live version is sometime very different. BTW, when 3.3 will be live, all the candidates should be done in a day.
Quite surprisingly, all the thargoid stuff is mentioned as human signal sources.

Hey Toni :)
Re USS, that sounds like a bug, has it already been reported?

Re TS sites, I have a feeling that any undiscovered TS sites might not be in beta, but who knows!
I'm going to try the new disco probes on known sites that I haven't yet visited, see what happens.

Re beige patrol, that disappeared after the v3 dropped with new planet colours ;).

See ya in the beta! :)
[edit] Funny, I'm in Mel 22 sector WO-R C4-6
Well I've managed to surface scan planet B1, but that was by luck as I can't turn in analysis mode, & I can't see where the control options for it are!

Last edited:
Added a new Good candidate to the list :), thanks to LCUs EDMC plugin, & me searching dozens of those patrol systems, I finally found one! Original post here.

Now 3.3's dropped & I was finally able to log in ;), I'm going to scan Pleiades Sector LX-U c2-6 :)

Random question, will the Guardian FSD booster I've just fitted to my conda annoy the Thargoids if I get interdicted??........

Good know, thanks :).

Btw I've surfaced scanned LX-U c2-6 1d & e, both only show biological sites, I've only visited & comp scanned 2 sites on 1d & they are both bark mounds.
A couple of questions, will sites on the same planet all be of the same type?
Am I right in thinking that the surface probes will show any Thargoid sites as that? (In which case, this system is a bust for Thargoids).

Using EDMC as my tool for looking for new Thargoid surface sites. According to the plugin for patrol, Ammonia worlds that have rocky/high metal content moons are likely to house one or so. Parameters are that the gravity is no higher than 0.42g and temp ranges from 78 to 246k. Hope this helps

With 3.3 you no longer need to worry as much about planet specifics. Just head to a system and look at everything with your scanner. If a planet has any sites it will tell you which kind. Thargoid surface sites and barnacles will show up as Thargoid. Other site types include Human, Other, Guardian, Biological and Geological. Note that anything in orbit of a planet like megaships and listening posts etc will show up as a site of a planet as well. That can be a bit confusing. Once you fire probes at a planet and get it mapped you will be given the locations to any surface structure. The Thargoid site will show up as the same structure scan entry as they did previously once visited.

With 3.3 you no longer need to worry as much about planet specifics. Just head to a system and look at everything with your scanner. If a planet has any sites it will tell you which kind. Thargoid surface sites and barnacles will show up as Thargoid. Other site types include Human, Other, Guardian, Biological and Geological. Note that anything in orbit of a planet like megaships and listening posts etc will show up as a site of a planet as well. That can be a bit confusing. Once you fire probes at a planet and get it mapped you will be given the locations to any surface structure. The Thargoid site will show up as the same structure scan entry as they did previously once visited.

Don't the Thargoid sites only show up on certain planets/moons though?

Don't the Thargoid sites only show up on certain planets/moons though?

That's not perfectly right. OUTOTZ ST-I D9-6 thargoid structure (TS230), the one that disappears, was at 372 Kelvin, so much higher compare to your range. FDev can do what they want, they don't care about physics or chemistry. So it would be better to look everywhere for thargoid stuff. Anyway, these criteria gave us the candidates you can find on the first page of this thread. But giving how fast the new scanner is, the list will soon disappear too.

Re TS 230 (which is back btw), true it exceeds the temp range, but so far that is a one off, & appears to have been purposely placed their by Fdev for the gnosis. So until we find another one in the area we should pick the potential low hanging fruit in the Pleiades ;). Which, as you said won't take long with the new scanner :cool:. That said, I bet we haven't found all candidate systems in the Pleiades yet.
Using LCUs patrol tool I found a system a month ago which hand't been fully scanned & was missing the rocky bodies, turned out to be a good candidate system :), that was one out of at least a few dozen that I checked though!

Using EDMC as my tool for looking for new Thargoid surface sites. According to the plugin for patrol, Ammonia worlds that have rocky/high metal content moons are likely to house one or so. Parameters are that the gravity is no higher than 0.42g and temp ranges from 78 to 246k. Hope this helps

Thanks, but LCU got that info from me, from the op ;).

bagofholding
True, but if hunting for TSs specifically you're better off sticking to a limited list, like mine ;).
Good to know about the surface scanner results [up].

Scanned Mel 22 Sector HH-V d2-18 C6,5 & 4, no TS signals, only biological.

I encourage everyone to scan the listed systems in my op (except the ones listed under 'Moons/planets in Systems already searched with surface probes (3.3 onwards only)', & report back here [up]

Last edited:
Re TS 230 (which is back btw), true it exceeds the temp range, but so far that is a one off, & appears to have been purposely placed their by Fdev for the gnosis. So until we find another one in the area we should pick the potential low hanging fruit in the Pleiades ;). Which, as you said won't take long with the new scanner :cool:. That said, I bet we haven't found all candidate systems in the Pleiades yet.
Using LCUs patrol tool I found a system a month ago which hand't been fully scanned & was missing the rocky bodies, turned out to be a good candidate system :), that was one out of at least a few dozen that I checked though!

Thanks, but LCU got that info from me, from the op ;).

bagofholding
True, but if hunting for TSs specifically you're better off sticking to a limited list, like mine ;).
Good to know about the surface scanner results [up].

Scanned Mel 22 Sector HH-V d2-18 C6,5 & 4, no TS signals, only biological.

I encourage everyone to scan the listed systems in my op (except the ones listed under 'Moons/planets in Systems already searched with surface probes (3.3 onwards only)', & report back here [up]
Link for lcu so I can keep track of this list better?

Err, I've just found a motherlode of new Thargoid signals! :eek: And not on bodies we expected either! Heading to a body now....

Update, nm , found Thargoid barnacles at D1 &2 Pleiades Sector SE-P b6-0
Candidate bodies had nothing.

Last edited:
Err, I've just found a motherlode of new Thargoid signals! :eek: And not on bodies we expected either! Heading to a body now....

Update, nm , found Thargoid barnacles at D1 &2 Pleiades Sector SE-P b6-0
Candidate bodies had nothing.

Yeah, we did a special survey with PanPiper here one years ago. We had 3 guys on the D5 and D6 planets for TS hunting and another couple of scientists for barnacles. Several barnacles were discover this day but no TS for us. That's the confirmation. As far as I can say, no new TS in the merope bubble so far. They fixed the name of the TS POI as "thargoid" now. maybe a new list of 3.3 verified candidates should be done.

That was surveyed over a year ago & you didn't mention it when I put it on the search list!? :p;), well I'm glad I didn't eyeball search it, lol.

Btw, can't remember if I already mentioned it, but I'm intending to have all systems eyeball searched researched with the surface probes.

Well, I'm amazed, I've now FSS scanned all of the systems we eyeballed searched (& the remaining candidates), & out of the 33 planets me, tonio & Moribus searched (+ the new TSs found by tonio), we didn't miss a single one! :eek::cool:

I was hoping for an easy find, no such luck! Lol, excellent job guys! [up] (& me too of course ;)).

Next up, I'll be scanning the systems suggested by LCUs EDMC patrol looking for new candidate systems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom