65000 Ly from Sol Club, thread the fourth

CMDRDateDistanceOther Notes
SilverWizard80318-Nov-330465.644lyAnaconda

I used Alpha Centauri as reference as I don't have the Sol permit.

WgJ68vI.jpg

Ok, my entry as follows:
CMDRDateDistanceOther Notes
Zieman29-Nov-330465647.34Asp Explorer "Lostpath Wayfarer"
Screenies:
Qh2BpbU.png

uVnnNwg.png
And now on to visit Beagle Point and then Macedonica's Leap & VonRictofen's Rescue.

Welcome to the club - although I must admit I was quite surprised that you're not already in it Zieman.
Thanks. :)
I never felt the need to hunt the distance extremes. :)
First I was content just to fully explore the Orionis constellation, then did various things. Only early this summer I started to make my way to Beagle Point on a whim, and as you see, I didn't hurry. :)
I don't know if I will ever visit Sagittarius A* - only time will tell.

CMDR Boo Radley
19th December 3304
Asp Explorer 'Outflow Boundary', ~51Ly jump range.
65647Ly
Undocked 9 months ago on the 10th March 3304, 39% hull left but confident I'll make it back in 1 piece...
n02mSbz.png

CMDR Boo Radley
19th December 3304
Asp Explorer 'Outflow Boundary', ~51Ly jump range.
65647Ly
Undocked 9 months ago on the 10th March 3304, 39% hull left but confident I'll make it back in 1 piece...

Wow, nice coincidence. We've arrived in one day, I have also Asp, ~50.5LY jump, I've started in April, and have 66% hull left:)

Wow, nice coincidence. We've arrived in one day, I have also Asp, ~50.5LY jump, I've started in April, and have 66% hull left:)

Very cool. I arrived in open, hoping that anyone else out there would not be looking for pew-pew, but it was pretty quiet.

Most of my hull loss was self inflicted. I decided to try to learn FA off canyon running at over 60Kly out. New joystick had just arrived which made me feel like I had more control, turned out I didn't...

Aps.

Last edited:
I feel a sense of achievement at having made it at last to Beagle Point. That said, I salute the original pioneers. My Asp is engineered with a 53-57LY range, depending on fuel load. It's a lot easier with current technology than when the first intrepid explorers made the trip.

b5POKJ4.jpg

xfgFyQV.jpg

Paintwork took a bit of a beating on the way...

pEDeptv.jpg

Top Bottom