Ships Diamondback Explorer Owners Club

The weird yellow light is the result of a bug. The DBE used to have yellow panels and screens but an update turned them blue while the light emanating from them remained yellow.

Even weirder is how the DBS now has an identical cockpit as the DBE, except the DBS has blue panels and screens with the correct light coming from them.

After much thought I've decided to make the DBE as my explorer ship in DW2 . Not quite enough time to unlock engineer stuff to upgrade my Keelback to explorer fit for such a long distance so this Lakon ship is perfect for the job for such short notice.

The DBE is a great exploration scout ship and even with weapons ( remember the Gnosis!!!) I'll be reaching 40ly jump range. 46 with the Guardian FSD booster if I can get it in time.

Last edited:
I'll be reaching 40ly jump range

DBX is a very, let's say, explorer-friendly ship ;) It has large jump range in stock configuration and that range can easily be extended to enormous with just one single (and easy to unlock) engineer -- Felicity Farseer.

Here I've made a sample build of what can be done with just the use of mods available at Farseer inc:
https://s.orbis.zone/1g0d

As you can see it has max range of 63Ly (or 72 with FSD booster).

Last edited:
With just one Felicity Farseer unlocked and no other engineering at all you can easily boost DBX to 63Ly (or 72 with FSD booster) range.

https://s.orbis.zone/1g0d

That's good to know and is something I'm looking forward to! Currently working on unlocking level 2 with Farseer. Hopefully I'll have enough time to reach level 3 by the time the expedition starts😁

Currently working on unlocking level 2 with Farseer. Hopefully I'll have enough time to reach level 3 by the time the expedition starts

In my experience it's most easily done by making those mods. You need approx. 6-8 rolls of one level modding to unlock the next level. Just grind enough materials :)

Last edited:
In my experience it's most easily done by making those mods. You need approx. 6-8 rolls of one level modding to unlock the next level. Just grind enough materials :)

Got my DBX and swapped in some spare engineered modules. Will head off to Farseer soon, really grateful for all the tips.

Suspected that the DBX would have very good SC handling but didn't expect it to be that easy to dock. I made the right choice :)

Got my DBX and swapped in some spare engineered modules. Will head off to Farseer soon, really grateful for all the tips.

Suspected that the DBX would have very good SC handling but didn't expect it to be that easy to dock. I made the right choice :)

Currently on my way to Beagle Point in my DBX, 62 ly range.

By far the best starter ship for any would be explorer, at least is how i see it.

Didnt had it for long, just a few hours of play, but in that time she took me from having nothing to having enough to upgrade to a bigger ship, and provided me with the tools (knowledge) to explore the stars, i will always have a soft spot in my heart for it, tks DBX u really made my experience grinding the starting fase of entering this game a very pleasant one.

For all starting in the game and have the idea to go the exploration ladder, i would strongly recommend to go Cobra and them DiamondBack Explorer as the means to go to the bigger leads fast.

And to be fair, if i hadnt fallen inlove with the Krait Phantom, and wanting the extra slots and better gear to be able to do more in the game in the long run, i would still be flying my DBX for sure without any hesitation.

Probrably later on when i have enough credits stuck away ill buy it back and set it as it was just to be able to take it for a spin once in a while.

Well...
Update!

I got the DBX back, for explorer purpose, running at 41Ly for now, but with all the gear as i want it.
All thanks to buying a Python and transforming that into a trader ship that is racking me credits pretty fast so i can have more than 1 ship and build at same time.

Made tranquillity my home base from where i go out and enjoy the game.

Not sure what build to make on the Krait Phantom now, since i do want that one back, just not sure what i can use it for that i would like...

While flying my DBX, did about 6000 Ly worth of exploring, got my 1st "first to map" screen, and visited some guardian ruins (was gorgeous to fly around and land on that), also saw some interesting stars and planets, and had some running into targoids... Overall really enjoying my DBX alot again, its a small handy little ship that can do it like the big ones.

When i get bored or tired, i can always get on the grind with the Python to rack up those credits faster so i can try out other ships and gameplay.

Mine''s done more distance than the other 19 combined, it's a keeper. Perfect bubble taxi/mat collector. Emptied out it can jump 75 ly.

I quit the game when I was using my new DBX for Bounty in the High and Dangerous RES zones.
The background is I like the pew pew. So, I did it alot, first in a Cobra like so many and then in a Vulture, like so many. Finally after getting smart about money, i started doing Passenger Missions and worked into an FDL. With all this EXP in Bounties, I learned a few things. You don't need the biggest baddest gunz, you don't need the absolute fastest ship,(speed does help). What you need is survivability and longevity. Keep ur shields up so you don't go into the hull too many times too quickly. So you hit the biggest ships but only when they are occupied with other ships. You don't need to do most damage because you will then become the target. Then hang out until the bad guy is finally going down and then hit them again until you see that big ball of fire ahead of you. So what does all that have to do with the DBX? Simple. It fits. You can take the DBX many places in RES and survive, stay out there a long time with lazers and make tons of credits in a cheap ship. Don't need a Vulture, which is a very good ship, Don't need an FDL which is a great ship but also greatly expensive, the lowly DBX will get your bounties home.

Parting is such sweet sorrow .....

These are the computer colours that I noticed changed during the update:
eSAfMzW.png
JZg0LzH.png
The top and the vertical lights on the east and west edge of the console changed from Blue -> Yellow.

BkvHBUX.png
MpGrJkm.png
Just appears that everything that had that same shade of blue was converted to yellow (Left and Right CRT displays, door keypad and that doohicky with the red conduit going into it on the left side above and behind the CRT display.

Loving the 2 additional small slots on the DBX, managed to reinforce the hull a little with a 1D HRP and add a 2E cargo rack after a bit of shuffling while keeping the components the same prior to the update.

Yellow was the default color of the DBX but for some reason they all turned blue it was in the patch notes that they were gonna adress this.

Loving the adtional slots too, added the ADC (loving this one, works perfect, makes ones life easier), moved the discovery scanner to the other and added a 2E cargo rack too, while updating the AMFU from class 2 to 3, if i had one more slot... I would had fitted the repair limpet but as it stands i preffer to have the ADC then to manually dock so i can have the repair limpet and cargo rack needed to operate it.

Tried the SC one, didnt work for some reason, but i fitted just for the laughs...
Out in the black exploring again.

Can’t wait to get back to the bubble to tweak my DBX. It always annoyed me having to use a class 2 slot for a class 1 module. Now it can be all neat and tidy 😊

Why would anyone put a DC of any type on a DBX?! It can fit through the slot sideways!!

It can, but look at it this way, if u are a explorer, the thing ou need less is to waste time when u are taking off/landing, and dare i say, cruising?
Yup i tried the supercruise module and took it out since i didnt put it to work (didnt knew how), just saw a video on how it works, and yup gonna fit it.

Its all about the assist, u have already plenty to deal with and get tired from doing, FSS, mapping, etc, if u can take off the boredon of the landings and take offs and the endless cycles of fly to a place, set speed to not go the "loop of shame", or be constantly messing with the controls to get to the place, saving time and doing less, u can dedicate your attention and time to what really matters, exploring.

That is at least how i see it.

Ps- I have no problem in landing/taking off either with the DBX or the Federal Corvette or any other ship, even the T10 was a brease to do those operations for me, but... Its always good to have that, its a choice u use or u dont use.

It can, but look at it this way, if u are a explorer, the thing ou need less is to waste time when u are taking off/landing, and dare i say, cruising?
Yup i tried the supercruise module and took it out since i didnt put it to work (didnt knew how), just saw a video on how it works, and yup gonna fit it.

Its all about the assist, u have already plenty to deal with and get tired from doing, FSS, mapping, etc, if u can take off the boredon of the landings and take offs and the endless cycles of fly to a place, set speed to not go the "loop of shame", or be constantly messing with the controls to get to the place, saving time and doing less, u can dedicate your attention and time to what really matters, exploring.

That is at least how i see it.

Ps- I have no problem in landing/taking off either with the DBX or the Federal Corvette or any other ship, even the T10 was a brease to do those operations for me, but... Its always good to have that, its a choice u use or u dont use.

Fair enough mate, I was more being a bit cheeky :)

I try to minimise the automation as much as possible. ED for me all about actively piloting my ships etc..

And if I'm honest the DC and SC assist take too long from reports I've heard so....

Fair enough mate, I was more being a bit cheeky :)

I try to minimise the automation as much as possible. ED for me all about actively piloting my ships etc..

And if I'm honest the DC and SC assist take too long from reports I've heard so....

Actually the ADC is as fast or faster than me, with the added bonus of no problems on the way in and out of a station, only time it will take longer is if there is a cue (npcs leaving).
The videos ive seen on the supercruise so far, its far faster than human control. ;)

Top Bottom