Release Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I installed EDMC (3.2) and I have consistently been getting the error "Frontier server is down". The panel shows my ship name and location, but the error remains.

Same here since the patch on 11 Dec so it's not just you. I think we just need to give it a bit of time, as Anubite says.

Same here. I saw this morning that EDSM was down for maintence. Now its running but it doesn't update my flightlog. :(

Javert

Volunteer Moderator
According to posts on the EDDI thread, the authentication method to the API was changed by Frontier and therefore that feature has been disabled for the time being. I assume the same is the case for EDMC as well.

Release 3.30 restores access to the cAPI and all that lovely market data.

Tried it couple minutes ago, got a '500 internal server error'. Is there a way to reset the conf without uninstalling EDMC? I assume i don't have to choose a connection type on that page when i'm logging in with the frontier account?

Tried it couple minutes ago, got a '500 internal server error'. Is there a way to reset the conf without uninstalling EDMC? I assume i don't have to choose a connection type on that page when i'm logging in with the frontier account?

Hi punkerich,
Had the same problem. I think, you have to close EDMC before you enter your data and then hit the link in the box. I had to try several times, before I succeeded.

Hope it helps

Homunk

Hi punkerich,
Had the same problem. I think, you have to close EDMC before you enter your data and then hit the link in the box. I had to try several times, before I succeeded.

Hope it helps

Homunk

I don't get the link to open anymore. Even deleted the folder after uninstalling. Do i have to edit the registry? Any workaround?

Last edited:
Release 3.31 has better handling and recovery of authentication errors.

Where are you seeing "500 internal server error" - in the app or on Frontier's authentication website? If the latter - are you a Steam user and, if so, did you press the Steam button before logging in?

Could you look into the EDMC.exe for TCE, which gives an error (ImportError: No module named eddn).
Also fixed.

Hi
PC user. I got a 'invalid credentials' and a 500 error and my e-mail address and password are both correct :-(

Last edited:
Release 3.31 has better handling and recovery of authentication errors.

Where are you seeing "500 internal server error" - in the app or on Frontier's authentication website? If the latter - are you a Steam user and, if so, did you press the Steam button before logging in?

Also fixed.

It was on FD's site where i got the 500. Installed the update, but i don't see a way to reset auth... Should it be handled automatically? All i get is invalid credentials error, a link does not open.
Win 10 here, do we have to run as admin? Non-Steam user. Clicked none of the symbols on first run, just entered the normal FD credentials.

Last edited:
PC user on 3.1.
Run EDMC and it brings up the Frontier login webpage.
Enter Email/Username and Password.
Click Login button.
Frontier Approve webpage comes up.
Click Approve.
Get a couple of IE warning and security popups, click Allow.
Get IE popup "There was a problem sending the command to the program.", click OK.
Frontier Approve page is still open.
Click Approve again.
Get Frontier "500 Internal Server Error" page.
EDMC is still running.

Start game, go through above routine again with the same result.
EDMC then runs 'ok' but with "Error: Invalid Credentials" at the bottom of it's window.

PC user on 3.1.
Run EDMC and it brings up the Frontier login webpage.
Enter Email/Username and Password.
Click Login button.
Frontier Approve webpage comes up.
Click Approve.
Get a couple of IE warning and security popups, click Allow.
Get IE popup "There was a problem sending the command to the program.", click OK.
Frontier Approve page is still open.
Click Approve again.
Get Frontier "500 Internal Server Error" page.
EDMC is still running.

Start game, go through above routine again with the same result.
EDMC then runs 'ok' but with "Error: Invalid Credentials" at the bottom of it's window.

Same as above step by step.....
Influence faction data are uploaded but market prices are not

Last edited:
Help.

I have 2 commanders. Just upgraded to EDMC 3.31, and accidentally did the wrong auth on my second account.
How do I reset the auth so I can try again with the right credentials.
On Windows 7.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom