Ships Cobra Mk IV Owners Club

Dont remeber buying a Black Friday PJ last year ... did we all get a black paintjob recently from the store ?

Do you have the BF paint for any other ships? There was a special at one point irrc that got you the paint for all current and future ships... I missed it and only have it for select ships I've bought it for.

EDIT: I have just checked the store and I'm not seeing it listed so you must have gotten it earlier somehow :)

Last edited:
Yup musta bought it awhile ago when I first sailed her....... Anyway I am off ta buy some Kumatrian Cigars for Hera Tani cos I cannee get more power outta the Plant and she sorely needs its If I am ta run various limpet controller types ;-)

Cobras, the only way to fly.

D05rlLt.jpg

LOL ever been told you have a problem?

Frequently. However, i see no problem.

They all have specific roles and more or less unique roles. Some crossover with a couple of combat variants and exploration variants.

From top left to bottom right:

Pirate (4)
Base bomber and planetary base work (4)
Scavenger (3)
Trader (4)
Passenger (4)
Racer/Courier (3)
Miner (4)
Long range explorer (3)
Short range explorer (4)
Combat Zone combat (4)
Rescue ship (fuel and repair limpets) (3)
Interdictor (3)

The ones with (4) after them are CM4s, those with (3) after them are CM4s. Although you can tell that by looking at the pics.

Last edited:
With all the increased needs for internal slots, the Cobra 4 is going to gather more attention. The downer is it still has only two utility mounts.

Cobra IV can do everything apart from go fast :)

But it excels at small scale mining. Looking at the new system it seems it would be perfect for this as well seeing as some of the 'tools' are mediums which rules out the T-6/7 for the activity now.

I need to get another one to give it a shot.

Honestly, I think FDev really should make some small-ship bonuses. There's just so little reason to use them once you've made a few million since Medium can land anywhere.

If they made a new outpost type that only took small ships, then that would be great. And then the Cobra mk 4 would be INSANELY good.

But considering it took them 5 years to make mining interesting... I doubt we'll see that any time soon.

And as a couple people mention... then the C4 would be considered "p2w." Though honestly, one can say that about engineering as well. (note: not trying to start something)

Honestly, I think FDev really should make some small-ship bonuses. There's just so little reason to use them once you've made a few million since Medium can land anywhere.

If they made a new outpost type that only took small ships, then that would be great. And then the Cobra mk 4 would be INSANELY good.

But considering it took them 5 years to make mining interesting... I doubt we'll see that any time soon.

And as a couple people mention... then the C4 would be considered "p2w." Though honestly, one can say that about engineering as well. (note: not trying to start something)

Well, it’s officially the most lucrative small pad mining ship in the game.

(
Hpw dare you?

Are you suggesting my Cobra Mk III is not the best? ;-;

Best overall, sure. I still own my original from years ago and love the thing! Most lucrative miner is the Cobra 4 though. Hands down no other small pad ship can match it at filling up on them Void Opals. I’m actually in the process of readjusting mine now with the intention of flying to a spot, mining a single core and selling the goods. The idea would be a fast outing that I could pull off on a busy week night. This is sorta where it’s at at the moment but sill likely max engineer it at some point: Edit: https://s.orbis.zone/1jdv
Tested and works as intended. Can fill up on a single Void Opal Core and makes around 40 million. If you find the core fast, that’s a 20 minute round trip between undocking, going to known hotspot, finding, cracking, collecting and refining, then selling the goods for stupid profit. The perfect weeknight miner for those who just want a quick bit of content and a nice credit boost.
Further Edit (Footage of First test Outing):
[video=youtube_share;G4DzwGi84J4]https://youtu.be/G4DzwGi84J4[/video]
Next time sill go with fewer limpets and only bother with the Void Opals (though when that gets nerfed, because we all know it will, there are still other mats that go for a million or so max and they’ll still be well worth it).
Further Edit: just did a round trip to see how fast a full loop would take me. 24 minute for 24 Void opals and nearly 40 million in profits (timed from dock until after units were sold).
[video=youtube_share;NIKpavbTWeE]https://youtu.be/NIKpavbTWeE[/video]

Last edited:
Just popping in here to say hello to you fine connoisseurs of the much maligned MKIV, having just purchased a Midnight Black MKIV earlier today, all because I had been embarrassed by another Commander earlier in the week, who hinted that it wasn’t acceptable to have an animal onboard such a cramped ship as my old MKIII Viper.

So, now my beloved Cat Cheska, has her own seat right beside me! ;)

Top Bottom