Change a Beluga internal to class 7 - scooping is so slow!

As the title says, while the last update was an absolutely excellent and very required buff for Saud Kruger ships, there is one major flaw that is still unresolved... and that is that the Beluga scoops very, very slowly. It has 3 class 6 slots, which while quite good for everything else it needs, is missing that one crucial bump up in size in order to get a good scooping speed.

While yes, the Beluga does have a very above average-sized fuel tank, even if you go to downgrade it, it still has a terribly poor scoop speed!
With the default 128 ton fuel tank, the Beluga takes an incredible 2 minutes and 25 seconds to scoop from empty, this being a 6A scoop and at maximum speed.
With a downsized 64 ton tank, the time is 1 minute and 12 seconds, well below almost every single other ship in the game.

The only other ship with a comparable scooping speed is the Diamondback Explorer, as it also has an oversized fuel tank & FSD for its maximum scoop size, taking 1 minute and 33 seconds.

While i don't advocate for giving the DBx bigger internal slots, it would be at least very nice for an engineering option for the fuel scoop to increase scoop speed.

I agree with you. However, I prefer the engineering suggestion: "increased scoop rating" and "thermal overflow" recipes

I agree it should absolutely be a thing, yes, it should have been a thing a long time ago. It would also really help combat ships travel further, in addition to not needing as big as a fuel scoop, as space is precious.

You shouldn't be talking about scooping speed related to fuel tank size. You should be talking about it related to fuel used per jump. A beluga with a size 6 scoop needs about fifteen seconds or so to recover the fuel used in a max range jump. That's still slow, but a lot less than two and a half minutes.

You shouldn't be talking about scooping speed related to fuel tank size. You should be talking about it related to fuel used per jump. A beluga with a size 6 scoop needs about fifteen seconds or so to recover the fuel used in a max range jump. That's still slow, but a lot less than two and a half minutes.

Yep, put 300 tons of fuel tank in any ship and scooping will seem slow from empty even with a size 7A scoop, it's all about how long it takes to scoop the fuel to replace your max jump distance. My Phantom jumps 65ly and can scoop a full jump without even slowing down while rounding the star with a 6A scoop, I can't possibly see any problem with a 6A on a Beluga, unless you are running it to empty before scooping and no-one does that unless they have to right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom