Distant Worlds II Event DW2 XBOX edition

Sorry if this is a stupid question: I assumed that this wiould be done in open.
Are you all doing this in a private group??? Seems a huge shame if you are.
PG gives us a degree of protection from griefers. You can fly in whatever mode you like, but we encourage use of the PGs.

Just signed up and sent a request for the PG, looking forward to it!

Just thinking it would be cool to see where everyone else is at on the galaxy map (if they're online). Is the only way to do this to have everyone added as a friend?

Cheers o7

I’m pretty much ready for the off and will head over to the start point tomorrow or Saturday. Im running as a Fleet Mechanic and have 260 repair limpets on board. If you need help and I’m online just message me. I’ll get to you if I can. I’m piloting a Type 9 Heavy. Eager to get going, anxious about the journey, but I know that together we will make it.
This is going to be big, far bigger than we know and I’m proud to be taking part with you all.

o7

Just signed up for the Forum. Decided last night I am signing up for the expedition. I'm coming back from my first ever trek (500ly) in a hauler and I'm hoping to have enough data to top off what I need for the DBX. Bought Horizons on sale a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. I guess I'll post again when I'm officially registered. Feel free to add me in game!

How do we know if people have honestly made it to the way points. Is it a Gentleman's agreement or do we send screenshots and such. Don't see the point of making it up but i'm sure some will.

Almost sorted. Just getting the last bits for the guardian fsd booster and Monty, my Krait Phantom will be good to go. Me and a mate are doing it together but happy to have others along for the ride. GT is CFW Calmingplan to do it mostly in the player group if i ever get an invite.

After a year or so away from Elite (I didn't feel like there was much left to do after hitting Triple Elite and having all the ships I wanted/needed), I've signed up for DW2 in the hope that it might rekindle my love for ED.

I haven't done any engineering in the past couple of years so I'm limited to an AspX with a G5 FSD from before the 3.0 engineering updates, giving me around 46 LYs. I may hop over to Farseer tonight and see whether I have enough materials on hand to improve on that, but I figure it's enough if I can't.

i really want to pack some mining gear to contribute to the CG but it would compromise jump distance on the Asp too much, and I can't bring myself to do another long distance haul in my space-barge Explorerconda.

I'm waiting for an invite to the private group, and I'll be playing exclusively there if/when I get one, so maybe see some of you out there! [up]

Last edited:
I haven't done any engineering in the past couple of years so I'm limited to an AspX with a G5 FSD from before the 3.0 engineering updates, giving me around 46 LYs. I may hop over to Farseer tonight and see whether I have enough materials on hand to improve on that, but I figure it's enough if I can't.

i really want to pack some mining gear to contribute to the CG but it would compromise jump distance on the Asp too much, and I can't bring myself to do another long distance haul in my space-barge Explorerconda.

[up]

If you have time, I would recommend getting the Guardian fsd booster which will give you an extra 10.5 ly range.

I also heard the station will already be there for outfitting purposes, so you should be able to kit up for the CG out there.

o7

Guardian booster is good, I have it on my asp for 65 ly range, but the cost is I can only carry 1 srv not 2, which is a worry, one blew up on the azophi expedition and it will limit mucking around planetside.

Also I don't see details on the fleetcom, but I did read somewhere that 2000 hrs was the meet up on Sunday in the paellini system..?

Hi Comander, a newbie here, play like a month but very interested in the expedition, i sing up, but dont know if the registration form is for all platforms (PS4,XB, PC) or there is a special one for XB comanders?
I already add the profile to the accouns distansworldsxb on the xbox roaster and already fil the registracion form ( from a email ) there somethig i need to do? ( for registration purposes)
thanks comanders.

If you have filled in the Roster (sign-up), and sent a friend request to distantworldsxb, that is all you need. keep watching the news thread (main DW2 thread in Exploration) for updates. Fleetcomm discord will be best to communicate.

verminstar

Banned
I actually thought long and hard about whether to say anything at all...I was orignally signed up as a T10 support pilot but my situation has changed and Im no longer taking part sadly...reasons not relevant Im not here to be salty. Im here to wish ye guys the very best of luck and who knows what ye might yet see in the black over the next few weeks...

...I simply cant start fer about another month or so yet but my original goal stays the same and I absolutely fully intend on reaching beagle point this year. Details have changed like the part where Im now in a fully armed and engineered cutter...Ill dock at jacques then continue from there as Colonia has always been my adopted home fer years and I miss it dearly.

We may well cross paths yet though...just had to bow out due to not being able to commit any real time fer a month possibly longer but however, even with only 28ly range Ive already been out there with ships that had much less and I can still chew up distance when I feel the notion.

Good luck guys seriously ^

So the pg is active/ you can enter? I have had thr distanworldsxb as a friend for weeks now is why I am curious, the account has accepted that it appears but I just dont see the option to play in the pg yet... could be it's simply not started up or am I missing something else

No it's started up and running.. there are already 344 Commanders in the Xbox PG.
The distantworldXB account was last online 16h ago from what i see in my friendlist. Maybe send him a message on Xbox. Thats what i did in december.

Last edited:
Im still deciding on the last detail of my Phantom. Basically do i go armed or not and do i go lightweight alloy or reinforced? Without jump is aroung 52.

Top Bottom