Distant Worlds II Event DW2 XBOX edition

When should I expect to get confirmation for being in the xbox DW2 expedition after submitting the form application?

Can someone help me. I've signed up and awaiting confirmation. Is there an in game mission board I have to accept as seen in the main DW2 thread? Thanks in advance!

Im still deciding on the last detail of my Phantom. Basically do i go armed or not and do i go lightweight alloy or reinforced? Without jump is aroung 52.

Go lightweight and (if you have engineering access) add the heavy duty armour mod - there's no weight penalty for that on normal hulls.

Otherwise, go lightweight. Your jump range will thank you. Better yet - join the FleetCom Discord group, there's expert advice on outfitting for DW2 there.

I actually thought long and hard about whether to say anything at all...I was orignally signed up as a T10 support pilot but my situation has changed and Im no longer taking part sadly...reasons not relevant Im not here to be salty. Im here to wish ye guys the very best of luck and who knows what ye might yet see in the black over the next few weeks...

...I simply cant start fer about another month or so yet but my original goal stays the same and I absolutely fully intend on reaching beagle point this year. Details have changed like the part where Im now in a fully armed and engineered cutter...Ill dock at jacques then continue from there as Colonia has always been my adopted home fer years and I miss it dearly.

We may well cross paths yet though...just had to bow out due to not being able to commit any real time fer a month possibly longer but however, even with only 28ly range Ive already been out there with ships that had much less and I can still chew up distance when I feel the notion.

Good luck guys seriously ^

Thank you Commander.

For what its worth, I will probably be leaving the great journey and heading for the nearest starport before May due to real-life stuff.

So the pg is active/ you can enter? I have had thr distanworldsxb as a friend for weeks now is why I am curious, the account has accepted that it appears but I just dont see the option to play in the pg yet... could be it's simply not started up or am I missing something else

Definitely, i was just in it a minute ago. So when you boot up Elite, did you try selecting "Friends and Private Groups" from the main menu? That's where the invite was for me. Once i accepted it, then the "private groups" option became available in the "start" menu. This is the first PG i've been in, so others might know more. You could also try sending distantworldsxb a pm on xbox?

Xbox live is currently experiencing technical issues which prevents any friend requests or party chats in certain areas. It appears to be a global issue. stay tuned to https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-live-status/ for updates. If it is not fixed in two hours, I will try again in 12 hours. If you have applied for Xbox PG already and are waiting for access, please be patient. You WILL be in before start time. If you apply for PG access AFTER midday UTC, I cannot guarantee entry before start time.

Can someone help me. I've signed up and awaiting confirmation. Is there an in game mission board I have to accept as seen in the main DW2 thread? Thanks in advance!

no... the 'mission board' in the main thread IS the link to click. There is nothing in-game. The single person who is able to access the new entries has to verify your entry before you show up on the live roster. We are experiencing very high demand right now. Thank you for your patience.

Xbox live is currently experiencing technical issues which prevents any friend requests or party chats in certain areas. It appears to be a global issue. stay tuned to https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-live-status/ for updates. If it is not fixed in two hours, I will try again in 12 hours. If you have applied for Xbox PG already and are waiting for access, please be patient. You WILL be in before start time. If you apply for PG access AFTER midday UTC, I cannot guarantee entry before start time.

Thanks for the info.

To confirm the start time, it says 1:00 UTC on January 14th for xbox. I'm in Texas. So is 7pm on the 13th the correct time?

Edit: disregard problem solved
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/464247-Game-Crashes-to-%93Desktop%94-On-Group-Selection?p=7339952#post7339952

Last edited:
I made my final decision, I am traveling in my Anaconda and I have it as ready to go as I can. The only engineering not done is that I failed to unlock Bill Turner for Life Support lightweight. Anyway, I’m in the PG, and tomorrow will figure out this Discord thing. Can someone confirm the meetup time? I’m in USA pacific time zone (California). I see xfatal1 above said 7pm Texas which I think is central time, 2 hours ahead of California... but no one confirmed..I thought it was to start 20:00 utc which is 10pm somewhere like England? Anyway I only have a few minutes before gotta log off internet as I’m out of town until tomorrrow morning.

Nevermind I had time and found the post... there are 3 different meeting time starts for different continents. America’s is 1:00 utc, which is 5pm in California, 8pm east coast USA. I’ll see u in pg!

Anyone have some tips for a 1st time Expedition Cmdr? I haven't done one in my entire Elite career.

Last edited:
To confirm the start time, it says 1:00 UTC on January 14th for xbox. I'm in Texas. So is 7pm on the 13th the correct time?

Help fully enough if you have never noticed the in-game time is actually just UTC , with the wrong year so just use that as confirmation but yes.

Top Bottom