Player Faction application random rejection

I'm just writing this because I really don't know what to do next.

I govern a player faction "Arms of the Panda" that is currently in a jam (because of my poor choice for a starter system). So I asked Frontier if it would be possible to move it to another system. Answer is no. When a faction is added to the game, they become part of the lore. Sounds good.

I asked, if it would be ok to create a completely new player faction and switch focus on that. Yes, it's completely ok.

Now, after a few months of waiting, I finally got the answer for the new player faction application!

"Rejected. Your Minor Faction Name does not conform to Elite Lore - No space animals please."

What does that even mean? And there is no way to answer to that statement, so I would have to begin the process from the beginning. (what's the point if it's just going to get rejected again, based on the faction name?)

I'm feeling so done with this game right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just writing this because I really don't know what to do next.

I govern a player faction "Arms of the Panda" that is currently in a jam (because of my poor choice for a starter system). So I asked Frontier if it would be possible to move it to another system. Answer is no. When a faction is added to the game, they become part of the lore. Sounds good.

I asked, if it would be ok to create a completely new player faction and switch focus on that. Yes, it's completely ok.

Now, after a few months of waiting, I finally got the answer for the new player faction application!

"Rejected. Your Minor Faction Name does not conform to Elite Lore - No space animals please."

What does that even mean? And there is no way to answer to that statement, so I would have to begin the process from the beginning. (what's the point if it's just going to get rejected again, based on the faction name?)

I'm feeling so done with this game right now.

Oh this is good. I wonder if whoever wrote that would care to explain... https://eddb.io/faction/68207 :D

Or the Diamond Frogs come to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole process doesn't work properly(surprise).I read somewhere recently that the majority of small (10 players)groups actually disband before FD get around to adding them and there's no feedback as to how long we have to wait.
I don't understand why we have to register a group before we can register a pmf??
Ridiculous and convoluted imo.

I would imagine all the examples of current examples mean they don't want a lot more - though you would think with such a seemingly long-winded process they would keep a list of 'rules for naming your faction' up to date (I can't see this rule about animals anywhere (except this thread :) )).

As with getting anything into this game - keep calm and try again.

o7

p.s. there is already a player group with Panda in the name ... https://eddb.io/faction/75773

What is the issue with the current faction? Why is it in a jam?

The system I picked was a poor choice, I chose to be close to some of my friends and applied for a system inside the bubble. The surrounding systems were semi-empty, but the approval process got stuck for many months and in that time, a major player group spread to all of the surrounding systems as well as took over our home system before we were spawned in there. I usually play Elite pretty good, but this system was a massive mistake and error in judgment. :D

The new system I picked is outside the bubble, small, poor and out of the way - like 0 traffic. Nearest player group is about 40LY away.

The system I picked was a poor choice, I chose to be close to some of my friends and applied for a system inside the bubble. The surrounding systems were semi-empty, but the approval process got stuck for many months and in that time, a major player group spread to all of the surrounding systems as well as took over our home system before we were spawned in there. I usually play Elite pretty good, but this system was a massive mistake and error in judgment. :D

The new system I picked is outside the bubble, small, poor and out of the way - like 0 traffic. Nearest player group is about 40LY away.

You can still get that faction up to be in charge of that system, it just will take a little time.

Or you can support that faction and have it as 2nd place. Not sure what you want for the faction, to spread out across numerous systems, be just in command of one?

You might even be able to negotiate with the other player faction to get that system under your control, no harm in asking?

You can still get that faction up to be in charge of that system, it just will take a little time.

Or you can support that faction and have it as 2nd place. Not sure what you want for the faction, to spread out across numerous systems, be just in command of one?

You might even be able to negotiate with the other player faction to get that system under your control, no harm in asking?

Our crew prefers not to have any interactions with other player groups unless it's helping out in a war etc. The shtshow in our current system was just too much (for me, at least). The main reason I originally applied for a player faction, was just to give something to do in Elite, so if I could just get that new faction approved, we can retire to the outskirts and just live our days in peace. <3

Top Bottom