Elder Scrolls Online Adds Dragons.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
I'm absolutely subscribing. I'm not as new as this thread suggests. I've played on Xbox, and loved it. But that system just can't run the game well. I had enough.

Other than that though it's one of my favourite online games, and I'm really looking forward to returning to Tamriel.

I'll be getting the bundle that includes Morrowind & Summerset.

Nice. I can't remember from the top of my head whether you can choose the starting area. Would be nice if you had the option, since the Morrowind starter is actually pretty awesome. But you might get defaulted to Summerset. Oh and in case you weren't around for Tamriel Unlimited, there's no level ranges on the areas anymore, or alliance restrictions, so you can go wherever, whenever :) I would suggest to get the Dark Brotherhood skill tree really early, along with Thieves' Guild, because robbing and assassinating your way through the early levels is a lot more fun.

Deleted member 110222

D
Nice. I can't remember from the top of my head whether you can choose the starting area. Would be nice if you had the option, since the Morrowind starter is actually pretty awesome. But you might get defaulted to Summerset. Oh and in case you weren't around for Tamriel Unlimited, there's no level ranges on the areas anymore, or alliance restrictions, so you can go wherever, whenever :) I would suggest to get the Dark Brotherhood skill tree really early, along with Thieves' Guild, because robbing and assassinating your way through the early levels is a lot more fun.

I quit Xbox a few weeks before Summerset release.

I'm aware then, that one can go pretty much anywhere.

I traded in some games today and I'm going to buy a nice horse and some basic items to personapise my stary character with. (My story character on Xbox also functioned as my crafter, so I'll be doing the same on PC. ESO is very generous to give us eight slots.)

ESO is very generous to give us eight slots

ESO does many things right, in fact. I'd even say most of them. Crafting isn't overly grindy, leveling is an incredible fun and story-driven experience, enhanced by the fact that three factions basically mean three different playthroughs, not just the same path as many times as many you have characters (something I love about SWTOR, too), etc.
Simply put, one plays TESO by living in the world, doing what ever they feel like doing, no guard-railing. Not many MMOs feel this way.

Horse? Heresy! Guar mounts forever :D

Ew. Filthy lizards. Personally I'm into cats. :p

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
ESO does many things right, in fact. I'd even say most of them. Crafting isn't overly grindy, leveling is an incredible fun and story-driven experience, enhanced by the fact that three factions basically mean three different playthroughs, not just the same path as many times as many you have characters (something I love about SWTOR, too), etc.
Simply put, one plays TESO by living in the world, doing what ever they feel like doing, no guard-railing. Not many MMOs feel this way.

Ew. Filthy lizards. Personally I'm into cats. :p

I think the reason a lot of people hate on ESO is because they assumed it would be Skyrim with friends.

If you look past that error of judgement, you find quite a good example of an MMO that doesn't take many risks, but in a good way.

Deleted member 110222

D
Installing now.

Looking forward to playing tonight.

I really miss this game, and it might just be the break from Elite that I need.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I've never really played TESO. I've been biased against it since it's an MMO I like my Elder Scrolls games single player, offline, and heavily moddable. :D That said I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by TESO.

Deleted member 110222

D
I've never really played TESO. I've been biased against it since it's an MMO I like my Elder Scrolls games single player, offline, and heavily moddable. :D That said I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by TESO.

There's one thing that no offline TES game offers that ESO does.

A handcrafted Tamriel.

Not just a single province, but at this point most of the continent.

Actually beyond, too. The Clockwork City is amazing.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
There's one thing that no offline TES game offers that ESO does.

A handcrafted Tamriel.

Not just a single province, but at this point most of the continent.

Actually beyond, too. The Clockwork City is amazing.

TES 1 encompassed the entire continent. :p

Ok, not so 'handcrafted', but it did have all provinces. heh heh.

Deleted member 110222

D
TES 1 encompassed the entire continent. :p

Ok, not so 'handcrafted', but it did have all provinces. heh heh.

And that's the issue I have. It's proc-gen.

Sure it's got the scale but IMO, it's too big.

At least no two towns or wilderness are the same in ESO.

By the way guys, game runs great on my system. Very happy.

Actually the updater is a nightmare, and it takes AGES to download and patch the game. Think my installation with Summerset is now.. 90GB or so? So it is normal if it goes ZEN for like an hour. As long as you see the progress bar displaying speed it should be still working. Though I have the Bethesda launcher only, didn't buy it through steam.
A few times it got to 0/0 speed with the "Download stalled" message and was unresponsive to mouse clicks.
Im so fed up with buggy games from playing ED that i actually wish i hadnt started ED at all.
If they cant get the ESO launcher and downloader to work im not going to bet on the rest of the game and i think that 7+ hours is enough time to expect better than 8% downoalded and having to kill the process 3 times.

God dammit.
What I really hate, though, is that usually when I return after a 6 months break, the skills are reset and skill points refunded. I understand they are doing it because there were some rebalances and updates to skills, but for crying out loud! How the hell am I supposed to remember what my build was? I have six alts. Even if I had just one character I wouldn't remember.

*grumbles*

Deleted member 110222

D
God dammit.
What I really hate, though, is that usually when I return after a 6 months break, the skills are reset and skill points refunded. I understand they are doing it because there were some rebalances and updates to skills, but for crying out loud! How the hell am I supposed to remember what my build was? I have six alts. Even if I had just one character I wouldn't remember.

*grumbles*

Hehe, yeah, I know the feeling from Xbox.

God dammit.

*grumbles*

I actually like that :) Instead of trying to remember how my build plays I just make a new one every time I come back. Also refresh my memory by going through all available skill lines again.

I haven't played since I finished the Vvardenfell main quest. (PC, EU server)
The trailer for the expansion ( https://youtu.be/qcDY-5GjGaE ) definately got me excited, but I'll probably wait until this update is closer to release.

Speaking of the trailers. I love how the last couple of trailers actually include characters we know from the ingame quests.
Spoilers for the trailers (just character names);
Naryu in the Morrowind trailer.
Razum-dar in the Summerset trailer.
The implications of the description for the coming Elsweyr chapter, is that it's Abnur Tharn we see in the new trailer.

Deleted member 110222

D
I haven't played since I finished the Vvardenfell main quest. (PC, EU server)
The trailer for the expansion ( https://youtu.be/qcDY-5GjGaE ) definately got me excited, but I'll probably wait until this update is closer to release.

Speaking of the trailers. I love how the last couple of trailers actually include characters we know from the ingame quests.
Spoilers for the trailers (just character names);
Naryu in the Morrowind trailer.
Razum-dar in the Summerset trailer.
The implications of the description for the coming Elsweyr chapter, is that it's Abnur Tharn we see in the new trailer.

He did run off during the main quest line, so...

Deleted member 110222

D
Here's the real question guys. When I get my free apartment, should I go full breton or have a collection of oddities from across Tamriel?

Here's the real question guys. When I get my free apartment, should I go full breton or have a collection of oddities from across Tamriel?

I've never bothered with apartments, but it doesn't mean I didn't want to :D Just don't have the patience. I'd definitely go with a museum-like exhibition of strange and interesting things found around the world. With a little cozy living corner with bed, fireplace, and maybe some minimal storage like closet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom