Known Issues with the 3.3.02 BGS (orig. AEDC Discord)

Since 3.3 we've had a faction reach 75%+ and expand from A into nearest system B as 8th faction, retreat back out of B (intentionally, it's a terrible system) while pending a 2nd expansion from A, then expand again from A back into B.

Since 3.3 we've had a faction reach 75%+ and expand from A into nearest system B as 8th faction, retreat back out of B (intentionally, it's a terrible system) while pending a 2nd expansion from A, then expand again from A back into B.

Expansions by invasion to become the 8th faction are normal, if you have no other targets in range - but were previously extremely rare because a single global state per faction meant that the requirements weren't often met. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ent-Thinking?p=6664276&viewfull=1#post6664276 is my description of them from earlier, and tests in 3.3 indicate they basically haven't changed.

With the multistate changes in 3.3 the circumstances which usually prevented them in 3.2 are no longer present, so they'll get a lot more common.

We have seen the same issues in our realm, the crazy thing is Fdev made the changes to stop the single pilots pushing growth in any given system and the result we find is leaving a system "alone" creates the best type of stability. Our BGS team have taken a holiday since the update lol

I'll just chime in and say our group's PP related BGS work has experienced and suffered from most if not all of these reported bugs, but inconsistently as well, just as others.

Expansions by invasion to become the 8th faction are normal, if you have no other targets in range - but were previously extremely rare because a single global state per faction meant that the requirements weren't often met. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ent-Thinking?p=6664276&viewfull=1#post6664276 is my description of them from earlier, and tests in 3.3 indicate they basically haven't changed.

With the multistate changes in 3.3 the circumstances which usually prevented them in 3.2 are no longer present, so they'll get a lot more common.

In this particular case, there were at least 12 other suitable systems (<7 factions) in range, this was third closest system and we were already in the nearer two. Also, we didn't go into a war immediately on either occasion, just arrived quietly at 9% and 'None'. So a little strange.

Can confirm inconsistent results with missions and data drops....
Some systems work ok, others go backwards or move 1% in a low pop system and high pop system. I guess ill take my time at DWE2 and in May it may be fixed...

Since the patch, I've not been able to turn in any combat bonds at all (nothing to do with the community events).
I've got a heap of them in the transactions tab but none of the contacts see them.

So, erm, here's a (possibly) controversial opinion...

I hate to say it but, when all this stuff gets fixed the BGS should probably be reset again.

Right now, things are happening and various actions are likely to have unforseen, unpredictable or downright counterproductive results.
As a result of this, we're likely to end up with things in ways that they shouldn't be.
At worst, it's possible that people who have figured out ways to accomplish things will achieve their goals and others won't be able to prevent them and, indeed, might actually be unwittingly assisting their opponents.

Seems like the only way to negate any advantage that might have been gained during this wacky time would be to reset the BGS again.

And then there's the issue of the credits, time and effort I'll have wasted doing stuff which may not have had the desired effect or may have had the exact opposite effect.
I doubt I'll be getting any of that back any time soon.

OTOH, once this is fixed, maybe FDev should just restore everybody's account to where it was when 3.3 went live if they reset the BGS again?
I doubt DW2 participants would be thrilled about that though.

hould just restore everybody's account to where it was when 3.3 went live if they reset the BGS again?
I doubt DW2 participants would be thrilled about that though.

inadmissible, this should me lost of a month playing, i'll probably drop the game if done.
Thing is, that the BGS shouldn't be resetted in first time, but it should started with the, at patch time, systems states and eventually converted to the new systems states.
This affected even the HIgh Grade Signal, since the first boom system states needed about 2 weeks to pop-out. Outbreak come out in about 4 and there are no famine at all actually.

The worst things of all are the Devs that wan't explain the BGS at all: So we are playing a game without instructions with no reason and we have to figure out how it works ... Very nice, isn't it ?

Not going to happen.
What will happen when they fix the bugs, is that people will realise just how rubbish this new bgs is. At its core it is less interesting to run, and each action more boring.

Not going to happen.
What will happen when they fix the bugs, is that people will realise just how rubbish this new bgs is. At its core it is less interesting to run, and each action more boring.

If they fix it.... it looks more and more that BGS is taking the same road than PP.

Few more :
- smuggling doesn t affect the anarchy faction but system owner.
- smuggling is affecting positively controlling station owner even if you are smuggling forbidden goods.
- biowaste mission delivery from agriculture are extremely rare/ non existent.
- CZ : killing SLF has same impat than killing a player.

Here is another example of things being messed up

https://inara.cz/galaxy-starsystem/126855/

10,000 commanders dropping data and mined goods for a CG 5kLY out is tanking the controlling faction

@Fdev this should be all the proof you need to see the BGS is basically broken from start to finish. Please don't leave it like you have with powerplay! Trust me you ARE turning a lot of players away from the game leaving it like this for so long.

Top Bottom