Release TTS4ED: speech synthesis for NPCs (and players)

(The old original post has been locked, so I'm creating a new one here. Please visit that post for more detailed info on this tool.)

Download and info here: sites.google.com/site/tts4ed

A demonstration video that shows it in action:

[video=youtube_share;07cNr_8RR0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cNr_8RR0c[/video]

You need a CereVoice Cloud developer account (free) to get started. 10k credits (characters) is included per month in the free account. Before you comment on the cost of purchasing additional credits, please read all relevant info on the TTS4ED webpage and consider the rather low 20GBP cost of access to 30+ high-end TTS voices. I am not affiliated with CereProc in any way.

Currently there are approx 3000 voice phrases already included in the program download, making it less of an impact on your CereProc credits.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Last edited:
It's brilliant news to see TTS4ED back in development! I've been using it since launch and it has become an invaluable part of my set up. Have worried with every game update in case it stopped working.

TTS4ED massively increases a player's immersion and the use of random CereProc voices works extremely well, especially with the radio and distortion effects built in to TTS4ED. I'd highly recomment this add on to anyone.

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing where you go next with it.

Thanks for you kinds words :)

As long as the developers adhere to their own standards of the journal file in future updates of the game, TTS4ED shouldn't have any issues whenever this is done.

V2.0 released

Graphical user interface added

NRHOsWN.png

[video=youtube;K2R5eXiuk14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2R5eXiuk14[/video]

It's brilliant news to see TTS4ED back in development! I've been using it since launch and it has become an invaluable part of my set up. Have worried with every game update in case it stopped working.

TTS4ED massively increases a player's immersion and the use of random CereProc voices works extremely well, especially with the radio and distortion effects built in to TTS4ED. I'd highly recomment this add on to anyone.

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing where you go next with it.

Just like to echo this post. Have been using this for a while and it works a treat. Many thanks.
On a side note, I cant seem to minimise the new version on startup, have the command line switches changed?
Thanks again

Hi there,

Did you perhaps have the old program set to run as minimized?

But anyway, that's a good suggestion to have a setting that allows the program to be launched directly to systray (as minimized), so I'm gonna have to do that in a near future version.

Hi there,

Did you perhaps have the old program set to run as minimized?

But anyway, that's a good suggestion to have a setting that allows the program to be launched directly to systray (as minimized), so I'm gonna have to do that in a near future version.

Hi again,
I actually ran the old one through voice attack with the hidden checkbox ticked. The new version won't minimise that way. Anyway not a biggie. Look forward to the future version. [up]

I can't tell you how much this has changed the game for me. I have yet to update to 2.0 but just having so many different voices for radio chatter ups the immersion factor big time. Thank you for your work and efforts to increase the "fun" factor of ED.

v2.0.1.3 released: interruptions, emotional support and vocal gestures, new radio beeps (the video in this post was made before the changes to the radio beeps)

[video=youtube;ozQHjqztED0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozQHjqztED0[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom