Elder Scrolls Online Adds Dragons.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
Do you still need to front up cash to play as an Imperial?

Good question, sadly I myself can't answer that as I have gotten the Imperial Edition back at launch. I do think you have to get it as an addon from the Crown Store, but honestly it really doesn't matter anymore, as they finally changed the silly crafting looks system to an actual transmog, so you can get the Imperial style through other means.

Good question, sadly I myself can't answer that as I have gotten the Imperial Edition back at launch. I do think you have to get it as an addon from the Crown Store, but honestly it really doesn't matter anymore, as they finally changed the silly crafting looks system to an actual transmog, so you can get the Imperial style through other means.

Yea, but...playing as an imperial you don't have to worry about getting a motif book. You can just style it by default...I think. Right? :D
I've always found myself playing as an imperial as like my second character, because it's such an easy choice. It's just your default human with not much interesting going on :)

Yea, but...playing as an imperial you don't have to worry about getting a motif book. You can just style it by default...I think. Right? :D
I've always found myself playing as an imperial as like my second character, because it's such an easy choice. It's just your default human with not much interesting going on :)

Honestly since the change you want every single motif book you can get. Since for just gold you can transmog any weapon or armor to any style you know.

Do styles have to match the items?

Not exactly! For the most part, you can customize your appearance regardless of the type of item you are wearing. For example, this means you can make your heavy gear look like it is light, or your sword look like an axe. However, there is one restriction: you cannot make a weapon or gear type look like another.

You can't make your bow look like a two-handed sword, and you can't – as hilarious as it would be – make your helm look like a boot!

So yeah, you want all the style books now, even if you don't craft :)

Deleted member 110222

D
Do you still need to front up cash to play as an Imperial?

That's correct, I'm afraid. Unlikely to ever change. You're not missing much though. Imperials are outclassed by other races in most roles, though they are decent tanks.

If you're interested in doing end-game, I imagine there's better races.

Deleted member 110222

D

Imperial is the race to go for as your crafter.

Whilst the Imperial upgrade allows all your characters, regardless of race, to convert their gear to the Imperial style, this conversion binds the gear to your character, meaning you cannot trade/sell it.

Imperial characters don't have this problem, as they can outright craft in the Imperial style without needing conversion.

The benefit here is that the Imperial motif is perhaps the most valuable motif in the game. It's extremely rare. And it costs thirty quid from the Crown Store... And that purchase can only be used by one character.

Fact is the Imperial Motif will cost you something, be it time, gold or real cash. And if you get lucky and find the style in loot, it makes more sense to sell, unless you seek to become a true master crafter. But as all races have the same crafting potential, Imperial is the best race for your master crafter, as they dodge a massive cost by naturally knowing one of the rarest styles. The nine other racial styles are common. You're talking 1K gold, tops, for the full collection, at least that was how much it was on Xbox.

Deleted member 110222

D
Well I picked up the Imperial upgrade last night, and I'm going to play Templar to see what I can do for solo play.

Well I picked up the Imperial upgrade last night, and I'm going to play Templar to see what I can do for solo play.

IMHO solo Templar is really boring and the fights take forever. You're going to have to branch out a bit. But on the other hand I do have one Templar char and it is kind of fun to play. It's just slow. :)
My absolutely favourite solo class at the moment is Warden. It can stack ridiculous amount of damage bonuses and has its own tank.

IMHO solo Templar is really boring and the fights take forever. You're going to have to branch out a bit. But on the other hand I do have one Templar char and it is kind of fun to play. It's just slow. :)
My absolutely favourite solo class at the moment is Warden. It can stack ridiculous amount of damage bonuses and has its own tank.

Do you spam jabs? It's a nice skill and I love that you can level all weapon skills by just using jabs unlike other classes where you actually have to use some of the weapon skills to make it bearable. Especially the magicka morph that heals you as you do damage, and I can't recall it being slow last time I leveled a Templar.

Leveled a Warden tank, now that was slow. I was on the fence for a while about the class until I read the patch notes that changed the Arctic Blast skill, then I deleted it.

Do you spam jabs? It's a nice skill and I love that you can level all weapon skills by just using jabs unlike other classes where you actually have to use some of the weapon skills to make it bearable. Especially the magicka morph that heals you as you do damage, and I can't recall it being slow last time I leveled a Templar.

Leveled a Warden tank, now that was slow. I was on the fence for a while about the class until I read the patch notes that changed the Arctic Blast skill, then I deleted it.

I'm not using the ice skill tree (or whatsitcalled) at all. It's stupid. :D

I'm not using the ice skill tree (or whatsitcalled) at all. It's stupid. :D

It certainly is now, used to be a great tool for a tank to do solo questing at a reasonable pace since it scales with health. Arctic Blast is the morph that used to have a pulsing AoE frost damage component that could reliably proc the 'chilled' status effect which lowers enemy damage, same as minor maim. Now it is a stun projectile that is slow and dodgable, and to top it off you can not use the ability without a target. It's terrible for something that supposed to be the Warden equivalent to DK's Dragon Blood (tank self heal).

Wrobel is no longer with the company, Brian Wheeler is the new combat lead. What that means for class balance remains to be seen. The new race changes are up on PTS, while an improvement, they still encourage meta race and class combos.

It certainly is now, used to be a great tool for a tank to do solo questing at a reasonable pace since it scales with health. Arctic Blast is the morph that used to have a pulsing AoE frost damage component that could reliably proc the 'chilled' status effect which lowers enemy damage, same as minor maim. Now it is a stun projectile that is slow and dodgable, and to top it off you can not use the ability without a target. It's terrible for something that supposed to be the Warden equivalent to DK's Dragon Blood (tank self heal).

Wrobel is no longer with the company, Brian Wheeler is the new combat lead. What that means for class balance remains to be seen. The new race changes are up on PTS, while an improvement, they still encourage meta race and class combos.

Hmm. Maybe it was OP in PvP (I've never done PvP so I don't know how that works) Or something.
It is true that Warden is lacking in AoE department, but personally I enjoy the burst damage and constant health boost + healing and I've never had problems to simply run over enemies. Combined with my current staff that replenishes 1500 magicka on heavy attack I've yet to run into an enemy that would even threaten to take me down.

Actually I did see the imperial style book at the guild merchants quite a few times, for a few hundred thousand gold. Which if you take mansion prices in account, isn't that much. Always do your style shopping in Belkarth :D Those merchants are usually stacked. Same with cheap high end gear, mostly world drops. Oh and definitely get this: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info695-AwesomeGuildStore.html Because being able to search a guild store is invaluable.

Goose4291

Banned
Final question before I commit next time I'm home.

Is there any smuggling/illegal activity?

I normally play an Imperial Legionaire, but I've got a weird hankering to play a Khajit skooma dealer...

I was hoping more for a Smuggler pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies type experience, if you get what I mean. :)

Illegal activities don't have much depth to them. There are storylines with both guilds I've mentioned, and they add some game mechanics. But in general it's something to do on the side, or roleplay. So you might be disappointed if you wanted to concentrate on that aspect. But as a distraction, I find both of these pretty fun.

I was hoping more for a Smuggler pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies type experience, if you get what I mean. :)

Yeah, nothing pregenned like that, but you can take randomly selected thievery/assassination targets, which are more fun then the actual storyline at times. Once you get the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood, you can give the middle finger to the law system in the game. You can pickpocket/murder any npc (thought they will respawn), except for the 10 million HP city guards. If they spot you, then they will hound you across the city, which can be pretty fun, too. Most thievery missions boil down to getting into houses and robbing their stuff unnoticed, or pickpocketing x amount of goods and having them cleaned by the fence for selling. Aside from that, there's special locations for assassinations where you need to be in and out without being noticed and within a time limit.

Yeah, nothing pregenned like that, but you can take randomly selected thievery/assassination targets, which are more fun then the actual storyline at times. Once you get the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood, you can give the middle finger to the law system in the game. You can pickpocket/murder any npc (thought they will respawn), except for the 10 million HP city guards. If they spot you, then they will hound you across the city, which can be pretty fun, too. Most thievery missions boil down to getting into houses and robbing their stuff unnoticed, or pickpocketing x amount of goods and having them cleaned by the fence for selling. Aside from that, there's special locations for assassinations where you need to be in and out without being noticed and within a time limit.

Don't get items clean for selling - just sell them, otherwise you lose money :) Only clean items you intend to use(apart from resources, you can craft with stolen goods)

Goose4291

Banned
Cheers for the info

Looks like I'll be back to putting my imperial jackboot onto the neck of dirty seperatists with Gladius and shield then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom