Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

FYI - I use Steam and when I launch the app I have to sign into Steam each time (doesn't remember).

Behind the scenes the app uses Internet Explorer to display that login page. You may want to see if you have set additional privacy settings (or an adblocker) that prevents saving cookies in the browser. I don't have the Steam version, so can't really check this scenario. Additionally, you could try logging in with your Frontier account, see if that works?

Behind the scenes the app uses Internet Explorer to display that login page. You may want to see if you have set additional privacy settings (or an adblocker) that prevents saving cookies in the browser. I don't have the Steam version, so can't really check this scenario. Additionally, you could try logging in with your Frontier account, see if that works?

I signed on today with the Frontier account. Will advise if there are any problems.

Thanks!

Hi Mau!

I using the application on a Logitech G19 with G13 this work is great that you do. So, here is my problem. Everything work flawless until the yesterday patches come Horizons(3.3.03). After the patching, the companion not work correctly, constantly showing the starfield(jumping fx) on the lcd after the jump is ended, and often "no orrery data available" in the mapped systems (like sothis, ceos currently). Could you inspect, what is wrong?

With respect.:

Kerékgyártó János
WaddisznoHUN

I using the application on a Logitech G19 with G13 this work is great that you do. So, here is my problem. Everything work flawless until the yesterday patches come Horizons(3.3.03). After the patching, the companion not work correctly, constantly showing the starfield(jumping fx) on the lcd after the jump is ended, and often "no orrery data available" in the mapped systems (like sothis, ceos currently). Could you inspect, what is wrong?

Hi! Thanks, but too bad it's not working right now. I will investigate, but perhaps you can help as well. The app produces log files that may tell me more why things start to crash. You can find instructions how to create detailed log files and where to send them in the Troubleshooting section of my little online manual: https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/Docs/EliteG19s-Manual.html#user-content-Troubleshooting

Thanks!

Similiar problem here, after recent update, app no longer recognizes where I am. Doesn't seem to have access to my location.

log is full of entries like that:
21:33:30.360 - Error: Error detected in JournalWatcher, no longer sending data to external parties.
21:38:18.640 - Error: Exception handling journal event:
{ "timestamp":"2019-01-25T21:38:22Z", "event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"Indrians", "SystemAddress":670149387697, "StarPos":[-45.62500,71.87500,24.21875], "SystemAllegiance":"Alliance", "SystemEconomy":"$economy_HighTech;", "SystemEconomy_Localised":"High Tech", "SystemSecondEconomy":"$economy_Refinery;", "SystemSecondEconomy_Localised":"Refinery", "SystemGovernment":"$government_Dictatorship;", "SystemGovernment_Localised":"Dictatorship", "SystemSecurity":"$SYSTEM_SECURITY_medium;", "SystemSecurity_Localised":"Medium Security", "Population":6759225, "JumpDist":38.350, "FuelUsed":6.078433, "FuelLevel":57.921566, "Factions":[ { "Name":"Indrians Interstellar", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.086000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000 }, { "Name":"Pilots Federation Local Branch", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.000000, "Allegiance":"PilotsFederation", "Happiness":"", "MyReputation":100.000000 }, { "Name":"Indrians Alliance Union", "FactionState":"CivilWar", "Government":"Patronage", "Influence":0.104000, "Allegiance":"Alliance", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000, "ActiveStates":[ { "State":"CivilWar" } ] }, { "Name":"Indrians Liberals", "FactionState":"CivilWar", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.104000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000, "ActiveStates":[ { "State":"CivilWar" } ] }, { "Name":"Indrians Commodities", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.170000, "Allegiance":"Federation", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000 }, { "Name":"Autocracy of Indrians", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Dictatorship", "Influence":0.536000, "Allegiance":"Alliance", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000 } ], "SystemFaction":{ "Name":"Autocracy of Indrians" } }
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading string. Unexpected token: StartObject. Path 'SystemFaction', line 1, position 2084.
21:38:18.640 - Error: Error detected in JournalWatcher, no longer sending data to external parties.
21:43:07.218 - Error: Exception handling journal event:
{ "timestamp":"2019-01-25T21:43:11Z", "event":"Docked", "StationName":"Silves Port", "StationType":"Coriolis", "StarSystem":"Indrians", "SystemAddress":670149387697, "MarketID":3229601792, "StationFaction":{ "Name":"Autocracy of Indrians" }, "StationGovernment":"$government_Dictatorship;", "StationGovernment_Localised":"Dictatorship", "StationAllegiance":"Alliance", "StationServices":[ "Dock", "Autodock", "Commodities", "Contacts", "Exploration", "Missions", "Outfitting", "CrewLounge", "Rearm", "Refuel", "Repair", "Shipyard", "Tuning", "Workshop", "MissionsGenerated", "FlightController", "StationOperations", "Powerplay", "SearchAndRescue", "MaterialTrader", "StationMenu" ], "StationEconomy":"$economy_HighTech;", "StationEconomy_Localised":"High Tech", "StationEconomies":[ { "Name":"$economy_HighTech;", "Name_Localised":"High Tech", "Proportion":0.800000 }, { "Name":"$economy_Refinery;", "Name_Localised":"Refinery", "Proportion":0.200000 } ], "DistFromStarLS":1036.492065 }
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading string. Unexpected token: StartObject. Path 'StationFaction', line 1, position 207.
21:43:07.219 - Error: Error detected in JournalWatcher, no longer sending data to external parties.
21:46:14.499 - Error: Exception handling journal event:
{ "timestamp":"2019-01-25T21:46:18Z", "event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"SPOCS 719", "SystemAddress":869454072171, "StarPos":[-70.62500,62.34375,16.65625], "SystemAllegiance":"Independent", "SystemEconomy":"$economy_Military;", "SystemEconomy_Localised":"Military", "SystemSecondEconomy":"$economy_Extraction;", "SystemSecondEconomy_Localised":"Extraction", "SystemGovernment":"$government_Democracy;", "SystemGovernment_Localised":"Democracy", "SystemSecurity":"$SYSTEM_SECURITY_low;", "SystemSecurity_Localised":"Low Security", "Population":49801, "JumpDist":27.804, "FuelUsed":6.951149, "FuelLevel":50.970417, "Factions":[ { "Name":"SPOCS 719 Purple Mob", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Anarchy", "Influence":0.186813, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000, "PendingStates":[ { "State":"CivilWar", "Trend":0 } ] }, { "Name":"LHS 435 Jet Energy Interstellar", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.262737, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000 }, { "Name":"Pilots Federation Local Branch", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.000000, "Allegiance":"PilotsFederation", "Happiness":"", "MyReputation":100.000000 }, { "Name":"SPOCS 719 Silver Galactic Inc", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.186813, "Allegiance":"Federation", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000, "PendingStates":[ { "State":"CivilWar", "Trend":0 } ] }, { "Name":"Eta Draconis Gold Vision Co", "FactionState":"Investment", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.079920, "Allegiance":"Alliance", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":100.000000 }, { "Name":"SPOCS 719 One", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Cooperative", "Influence":0.141858, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000, "PendingStates":[ { "State":"Election", "Trend":0 } ] }, { "Name":"The Fireflies", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.141858, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000, "PendingStates":[ { "State":"Election", "Trend":0 } ] } ], "SystemFaction":{ "Name":"The Fireflies" } }
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading string. Unexpected token: StartObject. Path 'SystemFaction', line 1, position 2452.
21:46:14.499 - Error: Error detected in JournalWatcher, no longer sending data to external parties.
21:47:41.828 - Error: Exception handling journal event:
{ "timestamp":"2019-01-25T21:47:45Z", "event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"Alignak", "SystemAddress":1213051439467, "StarPos":[-75.03125,54.53125,6.75000], "SystemAllegiance":"Alliance", "SystemEconomy":"$economy_HighTech;", "SystemEconomy_Localised":"High Tech", "SystemSecondEconomy":"$economy_Refinery;", "SystemSecondEconomy_Localised":"Refinery", "SystemGovernment":"$government_Corporate;", "SystemGovernment_Localised":"Corporate", "SystemSecurity":"$SYSTEM_SECURITY_medium;", "SystemSecurity_Localised":"Medium Security", "Population":22266579, "JumpDist":13.364, "FuelUsed":1.027998, "FuelLevel":49.942421, "Factions":[ { "Name":"Alignak Jet Legal & Co", "FactionState":"CivilWar", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.085000, "Allegiance":"Alliance", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000, "ActiveStates":[ { "State":"CivilWar" } ] }, { "Name":"Pilots Federation Local Branch", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.000000, "Allegiance":"PilotsFederation", "Happiness":"", "MyReputation":100.000000 }, { "Name":"Allied Alignak Party", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Dictatorship", "Influence":0.079000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000 }, { "Name":"Eta Draconis Gold Vision Co", "FactionState":"Investment", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.559000, "Allegiance":"Alliance", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":100.000000, "ActiveStates":[ { "State":"Investment" } ] }, { "Name":"Alignak League", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Dictatorship", "Influence":0.057000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000 }, { "Name":"Future of Alignak", "FactionState":"CivilWar", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.085000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000, "ActiveStates":[ { "State":"CivilWar" } ] }, { "Name":"25 Nu-2 Draconis Bureau", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Dictatorship", "Influence":0.135000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "Happiness":"$Faction_HappinessBand2;", "Happiness_Localised":"Happy", "MyReputation":0.000000 } ], "SystemFaction":{ "Name":"Eta Draconis Gold Vision Co", "FactionState":"Investment" } }
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading string. Unexpected token: StartObject. Path 'SystemFaction', line 1, position 2369.
21:47:41.828 - Error: Error detected in JournalWatcher, no longer sending data to external parties.
21:52:31.672 - Error: Exception handling journal event:
{ "timestamp":"2019-01-25T21:52:35Z", "event":"Docked", "StationName":"Piserchia Port", "StationType":"Coriolis", "StarSystem":"Alignak", "SystemAddress":1213051439467, "MarketID":3226653184, "StationFaction":{ "Name":"Eta Draconis Gold Vision Co", "FactionState":"Investment" }, "StationGovernment":"$government_Corporate;", "StationGovernment_Localised":"Corporate", "StationAllegiance":"Alliance", "StationServices":[ "Dock", "Autodock", "BlackMarket", "Commodities", "Contacts", "Exploration", "Missions", "Outfitting", "CrewLounge", "Rearm", "Refuel", "Repair", "Shipyard", "Tuning", "Workshop", "MissionsGenerated", "FlightController", "StationOperations", "Powerplay", "SearchAndRescue", "StationMenu" ], "StationEconomy":"$economy_HighTech;", "StationEconomy_Localised":"High Tech", "StationEconomies":[ { "Name":"$economy_HighTech;", "Name_Localised":"High Tech", "Proportion":0.800000 }, { "Name":"$economy_Refinery;", "Name_Localised":"Refinery", "Proportion":0.200000 } ], "DistFromStarLS":1071.796509, "ActiveFine":true }
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading string. Unexpected token: StartObject. Path 'StationFaction', line 1, position 210.
21:52:31.672 - Error: Error detected in JournalWatcher, no longer sending data to external parties.

And at the end I found something like that (i'm translating the "process cannot access" part, because originally it's in my system's language):
21:53:26.804 - Warning: Error reading cargo.json journal file: The process cannot access the file „C:\Users\***\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Cargo.json”, because it is being used by another process

As promised, I have just released version 3.3.3. This version is updated to handle the changes made with the last patch in Elite. It should all work now, but of course, let me know if you run into issues!

On another note, I have recently received a couple donations, for which I am very grateful. I have not always been successful in finding your CMDR names, so let me use this message to thank you for your support! It is very much appreciated.

As promised, I have just released version 3.3.3. This version is updated to handle the changes made with the last patch in Elite. It should all work now, but of course, let me know if you run into issues!

On another note, I have recently received a couple donations, for which I am very grateful. I have not always been successful in finding your CMDR names, so let me use this message to thank you for your support! It is very much appreciated.

Thanks for the update!

FYI - I use Steam and when I launch the app I have to sign into Steam each time (doesn't remember).

Thanks!

Same here, You can sign with ED account. But yes, if we try to sign with Steam account, at every launch, Companion needs your Steam credentials.

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks for the app, the tablet communication is a great feature!
Is there any way to change the status view from a ticker style to a list style? With more than 3 objects in a system, it´s just running too fast to be readable.

Regarding the Hue integration, how will the app deal with two entertainment zones? It seemed to have recognized at least one zone (entertainmentkey in options.json) but the lights never showed activity.

Hi! Thanks for the app, the tablet communication is a great feature!
Is there any way to change the status view from a ticker style to a list style? With more than 3 objects in a system, it´s just running too fast to be readable.

Absolutely, in the options (on the regular screen, not the tablet screen), you can set the "Arx Animation Level". There are three options with None being a flat list that you can scroll through.

Regarding the Hue integration, how will the app deal with two entertainment zones? It seemed to have recognized at least one zone (entertainmentkey in options.json) but the lights never showed activity.

Good question, it currently selects the first Hue bridge and the first entertainment zone it can find. Make sure in options that Hue is enabled and enabling setting the Ambilight option, which should color it based on what's currently visible out your cockpit window. As I moved the Hue lights to a different room, I haven't been able to test it lately. Let me know if you can't get the Hue to work.

MagicMau, I'd like to report a crash: everytime I try to resize the window the application shuts itself down. Also I'd like to suggest it to be a sub menu, so we don't have to pass for all the size options in order to settle with one.

Another suggestion: is there a way to set latitude and longitude on the phone app? It would be awesome.

Thank you for this app. It's very cool and the phone integration is a nice bonus.

How well does this work with the ole G15 KB? I've been using mine forever, and lately, it's kinda useless except for the clock/date.

MagicMau, I'd like to report a crash: everytime I try to resize the window the application shuts itself down. Also I'd like to suggest it to be a sub menu, so we don't have
to pass for all the size options in order to settle with one.

Thanks for the crash report, will look into it! Regarding the sizes being a sub menu, they already are :) If you go into the Options, select Open New Window, choose a size and then close the other window. Alternatively, you can use the system tray icon (next to the Windows clock) and its right click menu to create a window in your desired size.

Another suggestion: is there a way to set latitude and longitude on the phone app? It would be awesome.
That's a great suggestion! Thanks, I'll add that in.

How well does this work with the ole G15 KB? I've been using mine forever, and lately, it's kinda useless except for the clock/date.

It should work pretty good, although that being a monochrome display, there will be less info on screen. But I've tried to include as much as possible. Make sure you install an up to date Logitech Gaming Software to allow the app to communicate with your keyboard though!

Thanks for the crash report, will look into it! Regarding the sizes being a sub menu, they already are :) If you go into the Options, select Open New Window, choose a size and then close the other window. Alternatively, you can use the system tray icon (next to the Windows clock) and its right click menu to create a window in your desired size.

That's a great suggestion! Thanks, I'll add that in.

It should work pretty good, although that being a monochrome display, there will be less info on screen. But I've tried to include as much as possible. Make sure you install an up to date Logitech Gaming Software to allow the app to communicate with your keyboard though!

The last time I tried to install a Logitech G15 software, it wouldn't work very well (I'm on Windows 10 also).
Do you by any chance have a good link for the newest software that'll work?
Oh, and any way there's a version without the youtube/twitch as it's not usable with the G15?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The last time I tried to install a Logitech G15 software, it wouldn't work very well (I'm on Windows 10 also).
Do you by any chance have a good link for the newest software that'll work?
Oh, and any way there's a version without the youtube/twitch as it's not usable with the G15?
Thanks in advance!

Try this one, should work just fine: https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g15-keyboard/downloads, get the 64 bit version just to be sure.

And you're right, on the G13/G15 video playback is not possible, there is a simple audio visualizer though :)

Hey folks. Distant Radio moved to different servers and plugin in Companion app doesn't work currently. I figure it was not reported yet as last post here is from before the migration happened. Cheers :)

Top Bottom