News Frontier 25 - Elite Dangerous Community Activity

I think DW2 will have an impact but I don't think we have it covered on our own.

On average way points will be about 5000ly and with lets say 12,000 participants for easy maths = 60,000,000ly accumulative.

That's less than 25% of the goal.

How will we be able to track progress? We haven't a clue how many players are playing, what other players are doing, whether the goal is a stretch target or just a little more than typical behaviour, we have no information to go on.

Should everyone just honk, scoop & jump our way around the galaxy for a few days without using the FSS to actually find things? Or just jump back & forth between a pair of systems in a min/maxed ship?

Free skins is nice and all but I'm already out exploring so I'm just going to carry on doing what I'm currently doing.

Well us PVP lot have dealt with the mass lock bug for months now... you guys will be fine.
I shot another player a few weeks ago, and haven't explored in at least a month.

Does that mean I am amongst the "us PVP lot" and not the "you guys"?

How will we be able to track progress? We haven't a clue how many players are playing, what other players are doing, whether the goal is a stretch target or just a little more than typical behaviour, we have no information to go on.

Should everyone just honk, scoop & jump our way around the galaxy for a few days without using the FSS to actually find things? Or just jump back & forth between a pair of systems in a min/maxed ship?

Free skins is nice and all but I'm already out exploring so I'm just going to carry on doing what I'm currently doing.

As you were Commander o7

Even without DW2 you're already jumping a surprisingly huge amount in any other week period.

It's important to stress that we wouldn't pick a number that we expect you to fail on, we want you to win - this is a celebration after all - but we also still want there to be some sort of incentive as with our other games who have similar challenges currently running.

Are we sure this thread isn't a bluff, sent by the Thargoid leader, in an attempt to get us all to abandon the bubble so they can mess with our stuff while we're gone?

Frontier have the numbers for each player in the game so I would assume if the current player base is at around 37k divide that by the goal and you only need to travel 6.9k LY each... that should be fairly easy given even PVPers are traveling in large numbers around omega coupled with the few that will travel like 65k in the next 72 hours alone and we should make it easy.

Dear Frontier,

Having played this game since 2015, about 3200 hours I have not yet reached 1 million LY. I'm not sure if we all, even with DW2 going on can make 250 times that in a week, try to push your expectations closer to reality.

Best Regards
CMDR AugustDark

But it's a really nice paint job.

For a small ship. So 99% of people won't use it anyway.

Everyone saying dw2 will pro do it, well each of the 12k will have to travel about 21kly in a week. So gona take a few more indead!

Everyone saying dw2 will pro do it, well each of the 12k will have to travel about 21kly in a week. So gona take a few more indead!

Sorry to burst your bubble dude but less than 40% of those signed up to DW2 even left the bubble... or even came to WP1 in the bubble itself, DW2 is closer to 5k people.

Sorry Ed, but I'm not so sure...
TxKQUM1

Frontier have the numbers for each player in the game so I would assume if the current player base is at around 37k divide that by the goal and you only need to travel 6.9k LY each... that should be fairly easy given even PVPers are traveling in large numbers around omega coupled with the few that will travel like 65k in the next 72 hours alone and we should make it easy.

Right so everyone has a personal goal to jump 7kLy+ over the the next week. This is a straightforward target than any individual player can get behind. Some won't make it but others will vastly exceed it.

Maybe the OP could be updated to provide an average target per player for clarity. I'll pledge 22kLy coz that's how far I am from the bubble.

Hi Ed and Will

Will it be possible to at least update the OP daily with the progress? It will be a great insight and help.

Top Bottom