News Frontier 25 - Elite Dangerous Community Activity

Ok I don't know if I'm just stupid right now or if it's because I had too little sleep and english is a foreign language to me, but what the hell do they mean by "free for all Commanders called the F25"? To me this sounds like your account has to be named "the F25" to win... so can someone enlighten me please? I keep rereading it but it still doesn't make sense..

Ok I don't know if I'm just stupid right now or if it's because I had too little sleep and english is a foreign language to me, but what the hell do they mean by "free for all Commanders called the F25"? To me this sounds like your account has to be named "the F25" to win... so can someone enlighten me please? I keep rereading it but it still doesn't make sense..
It was a while ago I studied grammar, so don't take my word for it, but I do think you're right. It probably would've been marked down on an English essay. I think it's called something like a pronoun reference error or whatever. It might have been better this way: "free for all commanders, called the F25" or even "a free paintjob called F25. Free for all commanders."

It was a while ago I studied grammar, so don't take my word for it, but I do think you're right. It probably would've been marked down on an English essay. I think it's called something like a pronoun reference error or whatever. It might have been better this way: "free for all commanders, called the F25" or even "a free paintjob called F25. Free for all commanders."

Thanks, makes a lot more sense this way. Didn't occur to me that they meant the paintjob is called F25. o7

If you read it like this, it makes sense.

"To celebrate 25 years of Frontier, we're giving you the chance to unlock a brand new paint job for the Cobra MK III (free for all Commanders) called the F25!"

To be fair, writing unambiguously is difficult, that's why lawyers make all the money! It's a bit like "No, don't stop!", "No, don't! Stop!"... :)

I am actually on my way to galactic core, will it count?
What do I have to do? Just carry on? I'm too far away from bubble to sign up for any community goal...

Who gives people presents on their own birthday? ;)
Exactly. It's more like a party favor which you get after the party is over. Something you give to the guests for begin so courteous to stay the whole party and listen to dreary speeches. :D

Last edited:
I don't know about Holland, but in The Netherlands it is indeed tradition!

If it is a tradition in the Netherlands, it is a tradition in Holland as well. The other way around? Not necessarily.

[video=youtube;eE_IUPInEuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_IUPInEuc[/video]

Last edited:

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
It depends on your nationality... if Dutch, then Netherlands. Anyone else, then Holland :D

edit:
and you are REALLY going to confuse people with the difference between Holland and the Netherlands as understood by the Dutch!

Last edited:
In Holland it is tradition to give cake on your birthday.

I did not know that.

The Dutch make everything so confusing..

- Two people "going Dutch" mean they pay half each.
- So Double Dutch must be twice that, meaning both pay the full amount. (No wonder they call that confusing...)
- Unless it's one's birthday and we're talking about cake, in which case the Dutch person pays and other pay nothing, or else the non-Dutch person pays nothing and their friends pay everything.

Being Irish is so much simpler. I like beer.

Well dern… I was already on my way to Beagle and back!

fb9f1217-4f52-481e-898d-0e5ccf3625d7.PNG

I'm doing my part!

Join forces and collectively travel ....

What do I join?

or is it the total of every player in the game?

Last edited:
So, where do we check progress of this Community Goal?? lol

EDIT: Geez... I only got 780,000 ly in four years playing...

Last edited:
Top Bottom