News Frontier 25 - Elite Dangerous Community Activity

All 13,000 signups of DW2 would have to each jump 20 kly in less than a week to hit that figure.

Sure there's people left in the bubble & travelling around too but isn't that 250 million figure off a bit?

No.

The active player base is way bigger than that. There already are 80k-100k on Steam alone. Add non-steam, PS4 and Xbox to that and it gets more likely that the active playerbase is ~250k. So the goal for each player is to jump 1000ly. That's 142ly each day which shouldn't be a problem at all.

This is a decal that will be handed out to everyone by Frontier because this is a nominal task that is probably achieved every week without anyone trying.

That supposition would explain why Ed is so confident.

Last edited:
The general rule in these forums is - if Fdev say any number then someone has to argue it's wrong.

2.8% board flip - definitely not! 250k Ly travelled in a week - impossible!

Not to sound ungrateful, but why is it always the Cobra Mk-III that gets picked. It probably has more paint jobs than all the other ships put together.

25f48b9202.png

I'll do my part by making my first pilgramage to Sag*A, good luck commanders!

What would be nice is FDev letting us know just how many light years we collectively travelled, rather than the more likely... here is your paint job well Cmdrs.

Come to think of it those kinda stats would be great weekly imo.

This is a decal that will be handed out to everyone by Frontier because this is a nominal task that is probably achieved every week without anyone trying.

That supposition would explain why Ed is so confident.

This is what I suspect too. Probably they just wanted to make us think that we earned it, because if they had given it for free we would have then complained about why only that, why only a Cobra, why not more, etc.

Not to sound ungrateful, but why is it always the Cobra Mk-III that gets picked. It probably has more paint jobs than all the other ships put together.

I think it is because of the "flag" paint jobs, they made one for Cobras and Vipers of about 20 nations. I would have thought about "Cobra flags pack" or a "Flag pack for several ships" but I know little about marketing.

I just did :) Humble Bundle has a very good deal on the Commander Pack for the next couple of days.

Had me worried for a moment - the FDev store price is pretty similar :) Now I just need to decide what to call 'em :D

Edit: I wanted some accessories, and the shop is quite good for that at the moment, if you didn't know ;)

Last edited:
Had me worried for a moment - the FDev store price is pretty similar :) Now I just need to decide what to call 'em :D

Edit: I wanted some accessories, and the shop is quite good for that at the moment, if you didn't know ;)

It would take some serious magic for me to get triple Elite (or even quad :) ) but getting trade and explorer will be ok - who knows, if I can get a turret ship in a CZ...

May go shopping too [yesnod]

It would take some serious magic for me to get triple Elite (or even quad :) ) but getting trade and explorer will be ok - who knows, if I can get a turret ship in a CZ...

May go shopping too [yesnod]

My CMDR has her Cobra now (and a wireframe one!). Now I just need to get the F25 paint job and some Elites - took 4 years on the last ones I completed :)

yumVR70.png

Top Bottom