Ships Rear Admiral's lounge

It's still an impressive build, though. When I'm back from DW2, which of course will be a while, I may look at refitting my Corvette.

Out of curiosity, what's a good PVP build? In the run-up to DW2 there were a lot of ganking shenanigans, I went up in Corvette to try and fend them off when possible, but got annihilated very quickly.

I have spent 4 days trying to find a hardpoint combination that I really like, and I have found one which works really well. I’ll share it so others can try it out :) . It’s mainly for pve. Everything is max G5 engineered.

2 x 4A gimballed Beam Lasers. Both Efficent with Thermal Vent.
1 x 3C gimballed Multi-Cannon. Overcharged with Corrosive Shell.
2 x 2D gimballed Cannons. Both Overcharged - one with Dispersal Field.
2 x 1D Rail Guns. Both Long Range with Super Penetrator.

Firegroup 1:
The 4A Beam Lasers and the 3C Multi-Cannon on R2 (PS4). The 1D Rail Guns on L2.

Firegroup 2:
The 4A Beam Lasers and the 3C Multi-Cannon on R2. The 2D Cannons on L2.

I mainly use the rails from far away - and the cannons when I am getting closer or on slow/big ships. The cannons are very effective for punching through thick armour to the modules, and more so than the rails (I know how Super Penetrator works) - but probably because the rails are smaller. But I think many people overlook the cannons and what they can do. One volley (86.8 dmg and no falloff) with them directly at the Power Plant on an NPC Corvette removes about 60% of it’s health points.

When I switch from rails to cannons like described the ammo lasts a long time, and at close range it’s often enough to use the huge beam lasers and the large multi-cannon (for the hull).

The reason why I coupled the 3C Multi-Cannon with Corrosive on R2 with the 4A Beam Lasers is mainly to help with hull destruction of course - but it also means that I can use R2 as a quick attention-getter from far away.

I’d wish the class 2 hardpoints had better convergence cause I would definitely use fixed weapons then. I have tried asymmetrical setups - but I haven’t found one that I really like. But I find this setup very effective as it is though.

See if you like it.

I like PA’s a lot - and I’ll soon try a pair of huge PA’s on the ship.

OpYm3dI.jpg

Ih2KmPl.jpg

zRnTxzT.jpg

It’s defintely a great ship - but I don’t think I’ll ever love it as much as my all PA’s Krait :).

Last edited:
I only do Open and have been playing around with an all fixed cannon load out. That class 3 underneath needs to go away, it’s useless most of the time.

I can be found at Shinrarta if anyone wants to test a load out.

Basically, cannons work better in the 2 medium hard points than rails for me at least even though I carry rails in the 2 smalls. Or cannonize the entire thing and go to town, you might not spend a lot of time on target like let’s say the beams etc but if you hit it will make your day.

Last edited:
The class 3 underneath is good for missiles or torps now they have the large mounts for those.

I'll concede that large missile racks need a ROF buff though - they have the same DPS as small racks, even the same capacity between reloads. Boosting the primary magazine size between reloads on mediums and larges would be great. Boosting their fire rate so there was an actual concrete difference in performance between a small/medium/large rack besides taking longer to run out of ammo would be fantastic.

Well this took an awful lot of material gathering but initial trials seem to prove it to be an awesome PVE build . Slight variation on a build suggested by Down to Earth Astronomy on a utube vid. Swapped out the 7c bi weave shields for 7a full strength version , figuring that this is so tanked that its not going to take much shield damage in the first place, so the need for fast recharge wasn't really relevant. Lost the fighter hanger ,never really got on with the idea plus more room for collectors and limpits. Can easily swap in a g5 guardian fsd booster and a g6 fuel scoop and that gives a 29.97 ly jump . Just fly to a Haz Res pop open the cargo bay doors , throttle to zero and blast away quite merrily mining NPCs for materials. Note power management, its about 5 percent over threshold with everything deployed so some management is necessary. With the thermal vents on the 3 long range lasers , heat is never an issue, with the added bonus that if you engage with a ship and your beams are on target you can pop a SCB and the beams will leach the heat.

ship build
https://s.orbis.zone/1zpy

link to Down to Earth Astronomy Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=jbEa_Eqijyw[/QUO

Why do you have A rated Sensors and life support D rated is more than enough and will certainly expand your jump range, and for another 200mcr you can get one of these, https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_...nAzTWr9/OWvpU/MDAAA=&bn=Penny Royal New Build

In my opinion for pvp don´t do Long range ---Efficient has more damage till 1.300 meters and with a Corvette you normaly Tank them. Plus you can fire longer. Astro Build won´t be able to conter a Phyton or Anaconda with shield cell banks in new cz. I more thing is i use turrented class 3 cause with the gimbeld (you can see it even in video) you won´t hit stuff that often. With turented and fire at will the laser can do damage to someother stuff even if you can´t see it. Personaly my class 3 is burst laser focused to do more hull damage. Cooling can get done by 2 class 1 long range termal fents which have the pro to show you where the target is heading too.

Meanwhile im experementing with burst overcharged the have a bit more damage than ef. beams and hit harder to hull.

Last edited:
Well Cmdrs got the Triple Elite today...finally. It comes with a rather spiffin badge:cool: It'll look just right strapped to the 'Vette'[yesnod]
Just the finishing touch a Rear Admiral needs[up]
Triple.png

Well this took an awful lot of material gathering but initial trials seem to prove it to be an awesome PVE build . Slight variation on a build suggested by Down to Earth Astronomy on a utube vid. Swapped out the 7c bi weave shields for 7a full strength version , figuring that this is so tanked that its not going to take much shield damage in the first place, so the need for fast recharge wasn't really relevant. Lost the fighter hanger ,never really got on with the idea plus more room for collectors and limpits. Can easily swap in a g5 guardian fsd booster and a g6 fuel scoop and that gives a 29.97 ly jump . Just fly to a Haz Res pop open the cargo bay doors , throttle to zero and blast away quite merrily mining NPCs for materials. Note power management, its about 5 percent over threshold with everything deployed so some management is necessary. With the thermal vents on the 3 long range lasers , heat is never an issue, with the added bonus that if you engage with a ship and your beams are on target you can pop a SCB and the beams will leach the heat.

ship build

link to Down to Earth Astronomy Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=jbEa_Eqijyw[/QUO

Why do you have A rated Sensors and life support D rated is more than enough and will certainly expand your jump range, and for another 200mcr you can get one of these, https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_...nAzTWr9/OWvpU/MDAAA=&bn=Penny Royal New Build

Ok, why would you do Lightweight mods on Reactive Composite Armor? That defeats it's entire purpose.

If you buy Reactive Composite Armor the only mod that goes on it is Heavy Duty G5, with the Deep Plating experimental. Anything else is a waste.

I am now the latest proud owner of one of these beasts! :)

I have been keeping an eye on this thread the past few weeks, getting loadout ideas, while i did the rank grind and accumilated the credits (ill be honest, thanks to void opals) [up]

Its for PvE and only have a few parts engineered, but its getting there and holding its own. Loving it!!! :D

I myself am looking out for a good and solid build viable for PvP and maybe PvE without too much need for altering the fit.

Ok, why would you do Lightweight mods on Reactive Composite Armor? That defeats it's entire purpose.

If you buy Reactive Composite Armor the only mod that goes on it is Heavy Duty G5, with the Deep Plating experimental. Anything else is a waste.

To be fair , and if you do the sums , the advantages of reactive surfaces over military grade are only positive for absolute and kinetic , so for nearly half a billion , you actually take roughly 25% reduction in thermal resistance, , which given the nature of PVE weaponry that you will encounter , is entirely counterproductive and an unecessary expense. Compare the two builds on coriolis and you will see.

Military

Reactive

https://s.orbis.zone/201j

Last edited:
To be fair , and if you do the sums , the advantages of reactive surfaces over military grade are only positive for absolute and kinetic , so for nearly half a billion , you actually take roughly 25% reduction in thermal resistance, , which given the nature of PVE weaponry that you will encounter , is entirely counterproductive and an unecessary expense. Compare the two builds on coriolis and you will see.

Military

Reactive

https://s.orbis.zone/201j

Which you solve easily with Thermal mod on a HRP. Reactive will give higher hull HP because you only have to fix one resistance. Also against PvE you don't even need Military grade. Go Lightweight Armor with G5 HD Deep Plating if you will only do PvE.

O7 Rear Admirals,

I'm after some experienced help for my Corvette build, i been playing elite since it was released on PS4. In the last 18 months i have reached 2/3 of my goals, only combat elite left to reach, i have always tried to stay away from combat if possible just doing the basics.

i have gone from a Vulture to a FDL to a Clipper which i'm using now & now i have the spare cash i'm ready to reach my goal of getting a Corvette. I've fully engineered some of my ships but a full combat build i need help with. This is the build i have put together https://s.orbis.zone/22kf , i have looked at a lot of different builds and i'm happy with my loadout i'm just not sure if its optimized best for PVE.

My shield & hull raw numbers look good but i don't know about my resistance numbers, i have seen higher shield resistance figures but with overall lower raw strength and i don't whether to compromise lowering my overall shield for better resistances.

I'm completely happy with my Beam's setup & the mods to my Cannons but have no clue about the experimentals to put on them so i just put 3 different things on for now.

With my shield boosters a lot of builds i've seen have had 4 with Heavy Duty & Supercapacitors then the other 4 random depending on their build, i mainly went with Thermal & Thermo block to raise my thermal resistance up as it low.

All the help i can get to optimize my loadout will be gratefully received, i have struggled to stop myself from just buying the ship & throwing a loadout together just to say i have reached a goal. With a 40+ mil rebuy i want to get my ship right before i build it then i can reach my final goal Elite in combat + Triple Elite Decal.

Many Thanks Cmdr darronfearn224 O7

ps, a lot builds i've seen have had fighter hangers, some friends suggested installing one but it's not my thing.

Last edited:
It all depends on what you're taking damage from, Darron. Obviously thermals are going to be the most common thing you see from a good deal of both players and NPCs. However, having high raw shield/hull protects you from the two next most common types of damage: Plasma Accelerators and physical impacts (also thargoids ignore resistance afaik). In the end, you'll never make a perfect build that works against every opponent so you have to decide if you want to specialize or go all-round.

If you are farming mats in a Haz Res I would highly recommend a long range laser of your choice in the smallest slot.
This will bring your next victim to you from up to 6km away, while you are still collecting mats from your last victim.

Keep the productivity up!

MP

I'm not a big ship pilot but after watching a few of these wallowing space dilda's go at it for 30+ minutes I find myself having a little more appriciation for the decent Vette pilots.

I don't know how you can cope with such awful thrusters and speed, but well bleddy played gentlemen.

Commanders o7

Looking for constructive criticism on the following build. Served me well so far in any CZ I went to but probably could tweak it some more.

A little offtopic, but I'd suggest you coriolis.io to which you can dynamically export the build from the game with for ex. E:D Market Connector. It's way more useful than inara, showing you stats as TTD, DPS, and so on, which you can judge yourself.

Top Bottom