Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Here on the east coast of the USA (I live in the mountains in Pennsylvania) we have this big arctic freeze bearing down on us. I have a long dirt driveway that's covered in snow and ice, and the company that sells me oil for my furnace says their driver is unwilling to attempt my driveway in the fueler truck.

None of that would matter, except that I am on 1/10 of a tank and that won't keep my house warm for more than 3 days. I can't let my house freeze since the heat is cast-iron radiators/water pipe and freezing will blow the pipes in the walls apart. So, I've had to rig up a hose to a funnel into the fuel tank and I went and bought 5 5-gal jerricans and I'm running diesel from the gas station in the back of my truck.

Once a Fuel Rat, always a Fuel Rat
Badger

fuel%20rats%20on%20jerrican.JPG

Last edited:
How in heckin' are you managing to get 252LY jumps, exactly!?
I have mods and Guardian FSDs and allsorts, but I top out at like 60!

Just want to share a nice (and so typical Elite) experience of me, an already long-term Rat-on-a-Holiday. By the way, if you have any stuff for The Fuel Rats Artists Collective, please let me know, I might be seldom seen Ratting these days but I am still dedicated!

I was out in my Dionaea Uvelii Lab 69 Python (a Thargoid bug squasher) in HIP 24046 when I met a fellow Rat (tell me if you want to be named. It would be a pleasure). Small universe indeed!
We loosely ate some Scouts for breakfast at the local AX Conflict zone, occasionally shooting random Decon Limpets at each other (you never get the Rat out of a Rat). When things calmed down a bit, we sided for some photoshooting and chatting.
For some reason, my fellow Rat loosened a random shot at me and became Wanted immediately. It wasn't a big deal since Sec was quite focused on bugs and not on him, but annoying it still was for him, I guess ...
So we chatted on. Don't nail the order of events on me from here on, but as far as I can recollect, he parted after a while of camping and taking down the occasional nosy scout to clear off that bounty. He already was quite far away, spooling up his FSD, when I felt a strange ... wave washing over my ship. Yet, nothing to see.
I hadn't even time to develop a really really bad feeling when my ship was disabled by the EMP wave of a huge Hydra ... which had spawned right on top of me.
the Swarm hammered on my poor Python, and the Hydra had fun using me for some target practice. Which looked like this:

When my systems came back online, my shields where already depleted, most modules at zero percent including the Power Distributor -- no, no Boosting here, my friend. Nearly panicking -- Rats never panic, as long as no Snickers are involved -- I sent SOSses to my fellow Rat. But he had just entered Supercruise and was disabled in mid-jump by the blast.
Long story short, I made it out at 24% hull. Yet it was not over: My fellow Rat almost ran dry while on his way to clear that bounty.
"Running out of fuel after shooting at Uvelius, that would have been a line", he wrote, laughing.
And a bit later, when we happily hunted down more Scouts again, he became subject to a Hydra-on-top-spawn.

This was really some Rat holiday to tell stories from!

Last edited:
For the 1st time in ~ 34 months of exploring I've managed to run out of fuel.
I dialed up the fuel rats. Issue resolved in under an hour.
They were very quick, patent and helpful.
Special thanks to CMDR Aileana! (I don't see her listed on the rats leader-board?)
Wonderful service.
I plan on $ support but is there going to be apparel available for US players?

Top Bottom