PAX East 2019 - Frontier Meet Announcement

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings!

It's been a while since we last got together at PAX and we've been itching for another opportunity to hang out together! Well, good news! We're back for another amazing Frontier Meet up at PAX East! This is a great chance to come enjoy some food, drinks and have a little fun with the Frontier community! It's going to be a fantastic event and we can't wait to see you there!

Here's everything you need to know about the meet up:

Date: 28 March 2019
Where: Hard Rock Cafe - Faneuil Hall (Boston USA)
When: 20:00 - 00:00 (EST)

To join in the fun all you have to do is sign up and request your tickets via our Google Form here.

• When you've done that you just need to sit tight and wait for the community team to respond and confirm your reserved tickets, please note tickets are on a first come, first served basis.
  • The confirmed tickets will come in the form of an Eventbrite invitation and you will need to confirm the Eventbrite invitation in order to attend the event.
  • The tickets will give you all the details of the event.
  • All tickets are free but please be aware that you will need to be over 21 to be allowed into the venue.
  • You can reserve up to two tickets per person.
  • The tickets are for the Frontier Community even only, tickets are not associated with entry to PAX East.
We'll email you as soon as we can once you have filled in the form. If you need more tickets or have any questions please contact us at community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line 'Frontier Community Meet PAX East 2019'. You're also welcome to post any questions you might have in the thread below.

We look forward to seeing many of you there!

Greetings!

It's been a while since we last got together at PAX and we've been itching for another opportunity to hang out together! Well, good news! We're back for another amazing Frontier Meet up at PAX East! This is a great chance to come enjoy some food, drinks and have a little fun with the Frontier community! It's going to be a fantastic event and we can't wait to see you there!

Here's everything you need to know about the meet up:

Date: 28 March 2019
Where: Hard Rock Cafe - Faneuil Hall (Boston USA)
When: 20:00 - 00:00 (EST)

To join in the fun all you have to do is sign up and request your tickets via our Google Form here.

• When you've done that you just need to sit tight and wait for the community team to respond and confirm your reserved tickets, please note tickets are on a first come, first served basis.
  • The confirmed tickets will come in the form of an Eventbrite invitation and you will need to confirm the Eventbrite invitation in order to attend the event.
  • The tickets will give you all the details of the event.
  • All tickets are free but please be aware that you will need to be over 21 to be allowed into the venue.
  • You can reserve up to two tickets per person.
  • The tickets are for the Frontier Community even only, tickets are not associated with entry to PAX East.
We'll email you as soon as we can once you have filled in the form. If you need more tickets or have any questions please contact us at community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line 'Frontier Community Meet PAX East 2019'. You're also welcome to post any questions you might have in the thread below.

We look forward to seeing many of you there!

And of course, as usual, you will not say anything about season 4, right? ;)

Last edited:
Will, at this point it would be great to know whether the community should follow this or any meeting with anticipation of getting any news about the roadmap for Elite. I understand you guys are cautious and I also see why. But leaving everything for speculation can turn toxic too.

Last edited:
Will, at this point it would be great to know whether the community should follow this or any meeting with anticipation of getting any news about the roadmap for Elite. I understand you guys are cautious and I also see why. But leaving everything for speculation can turn toxic too.

And why should they?
And why do you need this roadmap?
It is not necessary.

And why should they?
And why do you need this roadmap?
It is not necessary.

Why what? Why is the community, fanbase important? Why have community managers at all?
Why do livestreams, or advertisements, competitions?

Keeping the the players informed, teased and looking forward to updates is absolutely necessary. FDev has done this with Season 2 and Beyond as well.

Why what? Why is the community, fanbase important? Why have community managers at all?
Why do livestreams, or advertisements, competitions?

Keeping the the players informed, teased and looking forward to updates is absolutely necessary. FDev has done this with Season 2 and Beyond as well.

If it were necessary to tell the community about plans for the future, the frontiers would do it.
If the frontiers do not talk about the future, then there is no need.
Fd right they do not say anything.

Last edited:
If it were necessary to tell the community about plans for the future, the frontiers would do it.
If the frontiers do not talk about the future, then there is no need

Wow.
Let me rephrase again: it is about whether we can expect anything about the roadmap. If yes, I will follow the news, if not, then I will not.

No, you can not wait, nothing will be, as always.

220px-Yoda_Empire_Strikes_Back.png

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Play nice please.

And if you've never been to a Frontier Community Event and you're not sure. Go! you'll have a great time.

https://elitedangerous2016.wordpress.com/4-0-title-unknown/

"During recent Twitch Live-streams Will Flanagan commented that there are plans in place for 2019 but that they aren’t yet ready to reveal them. You can watch a short clip of some of those comments, here. "

As you can see, most likely the FD will not announce anything earlier than August-September 2019.
Because now the community has not played enough in 3.3 and it has announcements 4. 0 are not needed.

"During recent Twitch Live-streams Will Flanagan commented that there are plans in place for 2019 but that they aren’t yet ready to reveal them. You can watch a short clip of some of those comments, here. "

As you can see, most likely the FD will not announce anything earlier than August-September 2019.
Because now the community has not played enough in 3.3 and it has announcements 4. 0 are not needed.

"The new Era will be a major milestone in Elite's history", and this is the essential point here. ;)

Last edited:

I would be very surprised if they leave it that long for an announcment. That would be around a year between updates. I fully suspect that there will be other updates as the Narative will need to be pushed along at some point unless they intent to leave it not going anywhere for a year. I really can't see that happening.

Last edited:
I fully suspect that there will be other updates as the Narative will need to be pushed along at some point unless they intent to leave it not going anywhere for a year. I really can't see that happening.

You don't think it's a reasonable possibility that Frontier will move to an annual update? Given that Beyond only had two significant updates, I don't think it's all that unlikely.

I would be very surprised if they leave it that long for an announcment. That would be around a year between updates. I fully suspect that there will be other updates as the Narative will need to be pushed along at some point unless they intent to leave it not going anywhere for a year. I really can't see that happening.

To be honest, considering what we have got in 2018 and that the Elite dev team is bigger than ever, I am very surprised that apparently Beyond consumed most of the resources.
2018 was meant to be a year of revisiting existing game mechanics, something of a pause before something meaningful arrives. I was almost certain, that at least half of the team is working on new content already, which will be announced shortly after Beyond.

It is what it is.

Top Bottom