Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Firstly this is a fantastic tool and it works better than I ever thought possible!! Thanks!!! Second I just figured out you can cut your visits to the gal map in about half if you drop your waypoint marker on the next jump in sequence, then plot the route to the one after that! The Quadrennium Falcon is now the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy!!!

Feature Request: Locate Nearest Neutron Star

Enter your current system.
Optional Max Distance
Select "Locate Nearest Neutron Star"

Go

Finds the nearest Neutron Star from your current position. Not a plotter, just a way to find a starting point.
Cheers

One thing I would love to have is a text box that would hover as you move down the page with a paste clipboard option. A lot of times I forget which system I've copied to the clipboard last and it would be nice to have a box on the same page that I could click to paste my current clipboard to.

first off what a great tool, thank you for that!

but since tuesday (29-Jan) the road2riches plotter is not working as before ... for instance I plottet a route taking me along the distant world 2 POIs on monday with a nice mix of water and earthlike worlds ... with estimated scan and mapping results that seamed to be not too far off the real ingame worth. With the same settings the route on tuesday gave me absolutly no results, reason beeing (as I found out) that now all scan values are considerable lower (as well as the mapping values). Based on that finding I tried to plot the same route with min scan value of "1" what gave me at least some earthlike worlds but with mapping values of not much more than 300k and some earthlike worlds (and the systems they are in) were simply not included in the route although the should based on plotter settings.

For instance the earthlike world in Rohini that has an ingame mapping value of 1.1mio cr does not show up on any route I plot in that region (no matter what settings I use)

but since tuesday (29-Jan) the road2riches plotter is not working as before ... for instance I plottet a route taking me along the distant world 2 POIs on monday with a nice mix of water and earthlike worlds ... with estimated scan and mapping results that seamed to be not too far off the real ingame worth. With the same settings the route on tuesday gave me absolutly no results, reason beeing (as I found out) that now all scan values are considerable lower (as well as the mapping values). Based on that finding I tried to plot the same route with min scan value of "1" what gave me at least some earthlike worlds but with mapping values of not much more than 300k and some earthlike worlds (and the systems they are in) were simply not included in the route although the should based on plotter settings.

For instance the earthlike world in Rohini that has an ingame mapping value of 1.1mio cr does not show up on any route I plot in that region (no matter what settings I use)

I updated the scan values to the new 3.3 patch, the values have changed drastically.

A new FSS scan of a valuable body is worth roughly 50% of the old surface scan. However if you intend to map the planet using the new mapping minigame then you can use the checkbox "use mapping value", which will make you substantially more than the old surface scan (2-3x, even more if you get the efficiency bonus). You will also make the FSS value on top of that.

Last edited:
One thing I would love to have is a text box that would hover as you move down the page with a paste clipboard option. A lot of times I forget which system I've copied to the clipboard last and it would be nice to have a box on the same page that I could click to paste my current clipboard to.

That's what the checkboxes are there for, on the plotter they don't do anything except act as a visual indicator of the last thing you passed. On the road to riches they don't do anything yet (coming soon) but will shortly mark that you have scanned that body and the system will not let it show up again on future routes.

I can't seem to replicate this, try again, works for me right now.

Not currently/ The best thing to do is to run out to where you want to finish for the day then generate a new route for your next section.

Thanks for your reply

Tried again just now same thing :(

Tried on chrome, firefox and even Edge shudder I have no idea what is causing it. It happens on all the pages and the star map does not even load.

I can't seem to replicate this, try again, works for me right now.

Not currently/ The best thing to do is to run out to where you want to finish for the day then generate a new route for your next section.

Nvm I worked it out Bit defender is causing it. thanks for your reply :)

I seem to be experiencing difficulties using the Nutron plotter tool on spanch. When typing a source system or dest. system, it gets stuck on 'Loading Options' indefinate. I've tried adding spanch to url exceptions to AV program, but to no avail. I decided to look at the web dev console. These were the errors than both Firefox and Chrome generate on first loading the page:

ember-i18n has been deprecated in favor of ember-intl

Upon typing a source system:
Firefox: Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://spansh.co.uk/api/systems/field_values/system_names?q=sol. (Reason: CORS request did not succeed).[Learn More]

Chrome: GET https://spansh.co.uk/api/systems/field_values/system_names?q=sol net::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Tried disabling extentions and clearing local cache, nothing I do seems to resolve these errors and so is the reason for refering this to the forums.
Thanks o7

Hi Spansh,

I've got the same thing going on as MadKoi.
On the 24th I've done a R2R plot with the default settings accept the Range changed to 150ly, maximum distance to main star to 10.000 Ls and my current position was deciat and Range being 22ly. I got well over a 100 systems, then flew around the first 10 systems doing FSS+DSS. The actual ingame value of scanning and mapping was around 3 times the value stated on your site. So all and all way more.
Yesterday i tried the same settings and i get 12 bodies.

I'm sorry to say that it seems like your hard work of updating the values didn't do anything good. Because as explained, your old values were already less then the actual income in the game. And with your update your site predicts even less.

Please don't be offended by my reaction and see this as a attack on your hard work. I'm very pleased with the work you have done and the use of your site. This is only to improve your work.

I updated the scan values to the new 3.3 patch, the values have changed drastically.

A new FSS scan of a valuable body is worth roughly 50% of the old surface scan. However if you intend to map the planet using the new mapping minigame then you can use the checkbox "use mapping value", which will make you substantially more than the old surface scan (2-3x, even more if you get the efficiency bonus). You will also make the FSS value on top of that.

Hi Spansh,

I've got the same thing going on as MadKoi.
On the 24th I've done a R2R plot with the default settings accept the Range changed to 150ly, maximum distance to main star to 10.000 Ls and my current position was deciat and Range being 22ly. I got well over a 100 systems, then flew around the first 10 systems doing FSS+DSS. The actual ingame value of scanning and mapping was around 3 times the value stated on your site. So all and all way more.
Yesterday i tried the same settings and i get 12 bodies.

I'm sorry to say that it seems like your hard work of updating the values didn't do anything good. Because as explained, your old values were already less then the actual income in the game. And with your update your site predicts even less.

Please don't be offended by my reaction and see this as a attack on your hard work. I'm very pleased with the work you have done and the use of your site. This is only to improve your work.

As far as I can tell my values are accurate. if you click the checkbox "use mapping value" then it will use the mapping value of the planet instead of the FSS scan value which is higher than the income value (and higher than the old value) but it requires you to head out to the planet (which you used to have to do anyway) and then play the mapping minigame. I should possibly default it to on to avoid confusion or reduce the default minimum value to 100k. It does also assume you don't get the efficiency bonus, so if you are mapping and get the efficiency bonus then add 25%.

TL;DR if you leave the default settings on then it will assume you're only jumping into the system and performing an FSS scan and will rank the value accordingly.

On a related note, I have now released user logins to the site. You can log in with your elite dangerous credentials and it will allow you to save scanned bodies on the site so they won't be picked out by subsequently generated routes. Use the checkboxes on the results page to mark a body as scanned.

Last edited:
On a related note, I have now released user logins to the site. You can log in with your elite dangerous credentials and it will allow you to save scanned bodies on the site so they won't be picked out by subsequently generated routes. Use the checkboxes on the results page to mark a body as scanned.

sounds like a great feature (will try later this week)

would be great to maybe get a second checkbox (one for fss and the other for dss), with that you could return to a route that was flown in a hurry (only fss) and finish dss scans ... would need to be defined if you only filter bodies form the result if both checkboxes are filled or not

Maybe a stupid question, but the number we should be putting in the Range (LY) field is the "unboosted" standard SINGLE jump range of our ship, correct? Not total range of jumps using the fuel available and laden/unladen?

Top Bottom