Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

The Replicated Man

T
I am...I chose not to use it, though...the bandwidth meter that is. I use the CMDR history tab often.

I use them together as the bandwith meter alerts me to a player and then I check the top panel for who it is. You can then cross reference the name through Inara/PvP Bot and even EDR if you have it installed. Get some handy info on your target. Really handy in Powerplay PvP scenarios

I use them together as the bandwith meter alerts me to a player and then I check the top panel for who it is. You can then cross reference the name through Inara/PvP Bot and even EDR if you have it installed. Get some handy info on your target. Really handy in Powerplay PvP scenarios

^ This.

A lot of players seem to have a problem with using the bandwidth meter for some reason.. Just think of it as a player scanner. Being aware of who's around you is a crucial part of surviving in open, and the UI on it's own doesn't do this very well.

A lot of players seem to have a problem with using the bandwidth meter for some reason.. Just think of it as a player scanner.

I use it, because it does more than detect other CMDRs in instance, and because almost everyone uses it for that purpose.

However, I still have a problem for it, and the game would be better off if there was no reliable way to tell who or if there were other CMDRs in the instance other than actually encountering and identifying them with tools the in-game characters would have access to, rather than their players.

Basically, there shouldn't be a player scanner. I can (barely) accept that Pilot's Federation members have IFF that distinguishes them on sensors, but having something that reveals their presence out, but not NPCs, to potentially hundreds of km (far beyond visual or sensory detection) has no good in-game justification.

I use it, because it does more than detect other CMDRs in instance, and because almost everyone uses it for that purpose.

However, I still have a problem for it, and the game would be better off if there was no reliable way to tell who or if there were other CMDRs in the instance other than actually encountering and identifying them with tools the in-game characters would have access to, rather than their players.

Basically, there shouldn't be a player scanner. I can (barely) accept that Pilot's Federation members have IFF that distinguishes them on sensors, but having something that reveals their presence out, but not NPCs, to potentially hundreds of km (far beyond visual or sensory detection) has no good in-game justification.

Agreed. And not available on console
Score:

Console - 1
PC - All the other points

^ This.

A lot of players seem to have a problem with using the bandwidth meter for some reason.. Just think of it as a player scanner. Being aware of who's around you is a crucial part of surviving in open, and the UI on it's own doesn't do this very well.

Player interaction is rare and precious enough I'll take every advantage to increase the odds of it happening.

LOL, this thread is awesome. This is why i like this game, total freedom.

As a new player who was killed twice by people on this list, i am totally ok with it. I am currently assembling my hit list for a future time when i have a ship not made of paper. :D

Spirited

Go show them, I applaud this attitude.

S!

Deleted member 115407

D

As a new player who was killed twice by people on this list, i am totally ok with it. I am currently assembling my hit list for a future time when i have a ship not made of paper. :D

Proves a point I made earlier today.

Go get 'em (us), tiger :)

ryan_m

Banned

If you were to ask the people who killed you to help you out with builds, I'm 100% certain they would help you build a ship in order to kill them.

If you were to ask the people who killed you to help you out with builds, I'm 100% certain they would help you build a ship in order to kill them.

Psss, that's only giving false hopes, a good build alone won't murder another CMDR, the CMDR in question must stay in battle until you finish the job but as you may tell from experience, that's not very common at all.

ryan_m

Banned
Psss, that's only giving false hopes, a good build alone won't murder another CMDR, the CMDR in question must stay in battle until you finish the job but as you may tell from experience, that's not very common at all.

Oh, of course, you always need to develop skill before you can win fights. Having a good build helps with the learning process though because you can focus on piloting rather than wondering the whole time if your ship is even viable in the first place.

Oh, of course, you always need to develop skill before you can win fights. Having a good build helps with the learning process though because you can focus on piloting rather than wondering the whole time if your ship is even viable in the first place.

The will of your oponent to remain until it's or your demise is invariant of your combat skills.

Yup. just some people wont take the illusion of big bad space cmdr being shattered. Erefore, they talk smack on the forums about the players they likely wish they were.

This forum is a right giggle.
This is an excellent statement, since it can be applied to all participants in the latest Frontier Forum Controversy Fun and Games.

The giggle is universal.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom