News Squadron Leaderboards - Season One ends soon!

so strange, so for you 1 point per credit profit?
Something odd is going on here, im gonna check both values. At least something to dig in, lets see what we can find out.

lol i wonder if something happens if i sell a limpet for - profit

Last edited:
Yeah i got exactly 1 point per credit, sold 5 void opals for 8 mil + change and it went up the exact amount. done it again as i didnt believe it the first time ( and then sold 5 individually too etc)

loged in again, didnt do the math but this time it was more than 50 at 700 tons. Doing next flight with different wares. Strange things. Thing was as i tested the 1 ton i got exactly 50 points no matter which profit. So mabe its 50 at one to x tons and at some point it swaps to 1 point per credit profit.

I can confirm that Hutton have been pushing for the last 6 days to do well in the Trade table - we've logged 55 billion+ in VALUE of items sold and gone up exactly the same amount - it's taken a co-ordinated team of 50 or so people (everyone else in the group is either on DW2 or busy fighting thargoids, or repairing Wuli, or looking after our systems) to get where we are at the moment, but is 100% related to the VALUE of the profit you make - and void opals are this season's "must have" ornament for every cockpit. Nowt to do with number of transactions, or selling 1 at a time vs in a big lump - just pure hard graft!

yea that makes sence if its cordinated, just was getting suspecios of that hard jump. Congrats. So mine is trade and there is absolutly no solution to bet it with Trade cause there is no ware you can make 1.7 mil Profit or 100% Profit a ton. Kind of pure design to count a 100% profit from mine to trade, But it´s like that, its missing a mining category than. In other ways bought comoditys dosen´t coun´t for CG´s.

Mabe it´s time for a rescue Operation too get those Truckers out of the Slavery at the mining Ships.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

The release of Beyond - Chapter Four brought many changes and improvements to the core Elite Dangerous gameplay experience; one of those changes was the introduction of Squadrons and Squadron Leaderboards.

With the first Season of Squadron Leaderboards coming to an end, we wanted to give you a little recap on what they are and how they work!

You can see the Squadron Leaderboards by heading to your Squadrons page, which is found in the in-game interface’s right hand panel. On this page you will also find clear instructions on how to join or set up a Squadron, too!

Topping the Charts - Season One of Squadrons Leaderboards

For a Squadron to appear on one of the Leaderboard categories, all members have to do is engage in that particular activity. The categories are:
  • Xeno Defence
  • Combat
  • CQC
  • Exploration
  • Political
  • Powerplay
  • Trade

At the end of each Season (roughly two months in length), we will see who is in the bronze, silver and gold positions of each category (per platform) and reward each member of the Squadron with an in-game trophy to proudly display on their cockpit dashboard (we've provided some examples for you below). Those winning Squadrons will also receive the appropriate medal added to their Hall of Fame!

Squadron Leaderboards Trophies (Examples)

Gold

Silver

Bronze

Season One of the Squadrons Leaderboards is due to end on Thursday 7 February, so take a look in-game at the current standings and see what you can do to push your Squadron to that top spot!

Season Two will begin immediately as Season One closes, and the Squadrons Leaderboards will be reset back to zero. The top three Squadrons in each category will see their bronze, silver or gold medals added to the Hall of Fame section of their Squadron page, and the dashboard trophies will be added to the Squadron members' accounts automatically.

There's not much time left till Season One ends, so make every action count, Commanders!

What about PvP? Thats a feature of ED too. No, CQC doesn't count.

Last edited:
I can confirm that Hutton have been pushing for the last 6 days to do well in the Trade table - we've logged 55 billion+ in VALUE of items sold and gone up exactly the same amount - it's taken a co-ordinated team of 50 or so people (everyone else in the group is either on DW2 or busy fighting thargoids, or repairing Wuli, or looking after our systems) to get where we are at the moment, but is 100% related to the VALUE of the profit you make - and void opals are this season's "must have" ornament for every cockpit. Nowt to do with number of transactions, or selling 1 at a time vs in a big lump - just pure hard graft!
Sounds like a big job!

am i doing something wrong? i can't find the leader boards anywhere on my HUD.

i'm on XBOX and i am NOT in a Squadron. do i need to have joined a Squadron to see the leader board?

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
am i doing something wrong? i can't find the leader boards anywhere on my HUD.

i'm on XBOX and i am NOT in a Squadron. do i need to have joined a Squadron to see the leader board?

Yes you need to be in a Squadron to see them. :)

yea that makes sence if its cordinated, just was getting suspecios of that hard jump. Congrats. So mine is trade and there is absolutly no solution to bet it with Trade cause there is no ware you can make 1.7 mil Profit or 100% Profit a ton. Kind of pure design to count a 100% profit from mine to trade, But it´s like that, its missing a mining category than. In other ways bought comoditys dosen´t coun´t for CG´s.

Mabe it´s time for a rescue Operation too get those Truckers out of the Slavery at the mining Ships.

*Cough* This ice dust really gets to you, Only 1 more day of mining *cough*

RE: those that say only the big squadrons will win.

the current second place squadron for AX has about 18 members, and they are keeping up very well with a group of 160+

Food for thought.

I left my squadron cos I couldn't handle all the chat. Didn't realise there'd be prizes. :(

Meh, at least I've got my holographic Krait bobblehead :)

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
My understanding is that for the Trade leaderboard, it's as simple as one credit earned through selling something = one point towards your Squadron's total. Feel free to conduct experiments to test this hypothesis.

Correct. For Trading LB 1 Cr of profit = 1 point.

Transactional model is used purely for Political LB, where 1 sale of 100 tonnes of cargo gives THE SAME amount of points as 1 sale of 1 tonne (although as someone has pointed out that no longer may be the case), therefore it's better to do 100 transactions of 1 tonne, than 1 transaction of 100 tonnes. The question was asked on many occasions, but FDEV have never confirmed if this is bug or feature. We treat it as a feature until told otherwise.

That's however only 1 piece of the puzzle, there are at least 5 other factors that come into play here. Or at least we are aware of 5 other factors for Political - which seems to be the most complex of all the boards. I am not the one that's figured it all out, so I don't feel authorised to give out any more details - and those can be VERY specific at times ;)

I will however let my community decide via a poll if they want to share the knowledge and if so - I will translate our political LB guide to share with everyone :)

We've also have Combat LB figured out quite well, so if my guys will say yes, I will also provide that.

And - while I really do like LB's as a feature - I don't think we will be actively competing in Season 2. Meta will be known by then and rather than trying to understand how it works before others do, I presume it will be just pure grind. Whoever will put more hours is going to win. Simple as that.

RE: those that say only the big squadrons will win.

the current second place squadron for AX has about 18 members, and they are keeping up very well with a group of 160+

Food for thought.

Correct. Our Squadron on XBOX has 9 people and we will win bronze political trophy there :)

PS4 Squadron has 20-odd people and we have gold political and silver CQC there.

PC is large - fair enough - but far from 500 (actually 249) and we have gold Political and gold Combat there.

So no, saying that only 500 people Squadrons can win is not really true.

Last edited:
as for ranking Combat LB and Political LB i gues that are the Scenarios, faster to kill than cz and gives influence.

Last edited:
So no, saying that only 500 people Squadrons can win is not really true.
Correct. The advantage at the moment comes from working out how the scoreboards work, and then gaming the leaderboards. Until all players have this information, the number of players or amount of game time will not dictate who wins.

[rant]
Is there really nothing more involved, significant and interesting that can be designed and developed for Squadrons than (grind) leader boards? - Am I the only one shaking my head with this sort of stuff getting added? :(
[/rant]

No.

But it makes some people happy I guess.

Hopefully squadrons will have another purpose soon, and it doesn't become like so many features of E: D... implemented in a basic form, and then forgotten about until years later.

Top Bottom