Astronomy / Space Technology keeps us grounded! Open your eyes, sheeple!

While doing research for a stupid post on the Steam forums, I idly thought: no human landed on anything but Earth after picking up a smartphone. In fact, Motorola demonstrated the first mobile phone, not even a smart one, the year after the last lunar landing, and since then—nothing.

Coincidence? I don't think so. [alien]

Last edited:
Seriously - in the Astronomy forum?
The thought was mostly born from the recurring sadness that no matter what kind of technology we introduce into our lives, it won't get us off this rock any further than computers based on rope memory managed half a century ago, so I think it's somehow fitting even if phrased absurdly.

Didn't the NASA administrators just announce plans to ‘go to the moon and stay’ within the next decade?
I wonder if they'll be taking smartphones or crayons? lol. :D

Last edited:
Didn't the NASA administrators just announce plans to ‘go to the moon and stay’ within the next decade?

Along with russia, the EU, China,

Nasa announcement is called keeping up with the joneses. Nothing more nothing less. Will any of them actually do it, well the EU hasn't got a man rated rocket or spaceship, China and Russia heavy rockets are probably longer than a decade out and they haven't got a man rated vehicle capable of making the journey. An Nasa priorities changes with every administration.

The likely hood is that none of them will do it.

An it will be either jeff bezos hopefully fully clothes at all time to do it or drug free Elon Musk .

Last edited:

Better take some crayons for back up. Have you not heard the latest report on smartphone use?

Biggest question is really "why", but if we were going by announcements by administrations and random madmen, we'd be busy colonising Mars and enslaving its populace by now.

I wonder if they'll be taking smartphones or crayons?
Paint. Lead paint. Lots of it :D Better not bring smartphones, don't want the pilot to miss that crucial reentry burn while instagramming #FlyingSpaceships #RedPlanet #GoingDown #Duckface

Biggest question is really "why", but if we were going by announcements by administrations and random madmen, we'd be busy colonising Mars and enslaving its populace by now.

Because we can? I mean we actually can now, if the funding is there. A bigger 'why?' would be that we should, and need to as a simple mathematical game to ensure the longterm survival of the human race (not everyone thinks this is a bad idea).

Edit: A little update from the horses mouth:

'NASA emphasizing “speed” in its return to the Moon':

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/02/nasa-emphasizing-speed-in-its-return-to-the-moon/

Last edited:
You mention technology. it's funny how we went to the moon directly after movie special effects evolved. Just saying!....ok It's all fake. NASA is rinsing you for 19 Billion. The budgets are going on bases under the Earth not on the moon. DUMBS!

Top Bottom