News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think people watch so much reality TV that their default mode is Drama Llama.

I think a lot of the frustration surrounding the LEP has come from mis-remembered quotes & assumptions, and that citing references helps mitigate the more extreme reactions.

For example it's regularly stated that the Black Friday paint pack and the Cobra MkV are LEP rewards, they are not. They were Horizons pre-order rewards which LEPers also received because they had already paid (and therefore qualified as pre-orders).

Cobra MkIV FaQ

Black Friday Skins

Has anyone else noticed that some of the unlandables are after scanning with the shiny new FSS show up as having magma, geysers and so on. Since these have atmospheres then maybe these are waiting for a future update. Just sayin!

Has anyone else noticed that some of the unlandables are after scanning with the shiny new FSS show up as having magma, geysers and so on. Since these have atmospheres then maybe these are waiting for a future update. Just sayin!

Yes, these have been like this since well before 3.3, and I'm patiently waiting for that update in the future ;)

I'm only speaking for myself here but the primary reason I bought the Lifetime edition was give more to support the game, and if I'm honest looking at some of the games out there and what they cost plus the mtx that follow I'm more than happy, I didn't spend the money for skins or boobleheads, they're a bonus and I'm grateful for them, they have said the upcoming paid expansion will be free for LEP owners so what's the problem?

Think you've been burned head over to Star Citizen, now that's good value right there.

A long thread but I never saw a e-mail or anything extra in my pass holder stockings hung up by the chimney. Must not be anything worth a mention or hidden away in some secret paint job for something exciting like an adder,...ooooooooooooooh yeah.
So lets see some of this fictionite I keep hearing about.

A long thread but I never saw a e-mail or anything extra in my pass holder stockings hung up by the chimney. Must not be anything worth a mention or hidden away in some secret paint job for something exciting like an adder,...ooooooooooooooh yeah.
So lets see some of this fictionite I keep hearing about.

A few people are in your position, just contact support & they'll sort you out.

Got I got this email a while ago, work has not given me time to play and I signed in tonight 12/23 and I don't see the paint jobs that the email said I should have... Did I miss something?

Got I got this email a while ago, work has not given me time to play and I signed in tonight 12/23 and I don't see the paint jobs that the email said I should have... Did I miss something?

If the email had a redemption code you need to go into livery then click on the buy stuff button that should take you to the website where links will take you to the redemption screen put in the code and you are away.

David Braben originally talked about Elite Dangerous having a 10 year plan (not a promise/guarantee, just an indication of intent)

That is not true at all
The original plan was if i recall correctly 6 years total franchise life as stated in one of their first financial reports

That is not true at all
The original plan was if i recall correctly 6 years total franchise life as stated in one of their first financial reports

You recall incorrectly. They never once said 6 years. Also DB has said a number of times that the game will be supported for as long as it is financially viable. That could be 1 year, 2 years or even 20 years.

As to the financial statement, that is an estimate based incomplete information as believe it or not Fdev cannot see into the future. If the game continues to be financially viable it will continue to be developed and revise that estimate.

Last edited:
true i went through all the reports and it was actually 8 years that got subsequently lowered to 7

Makes little difference. Anything beyond 3 years is always a long con.

4 or 5 year business plans never end up being realised, in their original planning. Maybe something similar, but never literal.

You recall incorrectly. They never once said 6 years. Also DB has said a number of times that the game will be supported for as long as it is financially viable. That could be 1 year, 2 years or even 20 years.

As to the financial statement, that is an estimate based incomplete information as believe it or not Fdev cannot see into the future. If the game continues to be financially viable it will continue to be developed and revise that estimate.

Yes, David said he hopes that the development will go beyond 10 years.

■ I miss the feature of an board computer which gives me the informations i need to trade, engineer and something ingame, instead of jumping on any websites and collect informations that are mostly not representing the reallity in the moment of the game i play the game.
■ I miss the feature of more buggys, panther clipper like in elite 2,
■ I miss the feature of walking around in the ship and stations
■ I miss the feature of landing on superlarge pads with panther clipper on planets with athmosphere
but sure, every little dot is welcome.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom