Submit Your Challenges for Livestreams!

Steggs

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey everyone!

If you've already seen this month's streaming schedule, you'll know we're planning to take on some community challenges during our livestreams. So we'd like all of you to get creative and think of some fun, interesting or down right difficult challenges you'd like to see us try out live on stream.

The challenges could be pretty much anything within the game, from trying to contain 10 Raptors without an ACU, to creating a mega Triceratops to fight all the carnivores, to building a goat sanctuary; just think of something you'd enjoy!

Post your challenges in this thread and we'll pick out some of our favourites to try out live on stream.

We look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Steggs :)

Complete Challenge mode (any difficulty) below par time using only Herbivores.

I have another one, release 25,000 Stegosauruses..... :D

Last edited:
"It's all about control with you"

Complete challenge mode (any map and difficulty) without a functional Ranger station or ACU center (you'd have to manually drive and pilot for everything)

Last edited:
Wow, at the top of the web page it says "Elite Dangerous Forum".

I understand Jurassic park players getting lost and accidentally posting in the wrong forums but MODS???

DPG approved park

Achieve 5-stars dinosaur rating (campaign, sandbox or challenge mode) without hybrids, modifications or combat infamy

Last edited:
A challenge: Last Dino standing.

Build a giant Octagon on Nublar, place eight Hammond Creation Lab's on the eight sides.
Incubate the following Dinosaurs:
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex
  • Indominus rex
  • Indoraptor
  • Giganotosaurus
  • <del>Iguanodon</del> Ankylosaurus
  • Carcharodontosaurus
  • Spinosaurus
  • Stegoceratops
Try to adjust the genes so that all species have about the same strength.
Release them at about the same time and may the best Dino win.

Edit changed Iguanodon to Ankylosaurus

Last edited:

Steggs

Community Manager
Frontier
Good stuff so far! Some of these are going to be very difficult :D

We ideally want to be able to complete (or fail) the challenge within the hour of the stream, so keep that in mind too! :)

A challenge: Last Dino standing.

Build a giant Octagon on Nublar, place eight Hammond Creation Lab's on the eight sides.
Incubate the following Dinosaurs:
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex
  • Indominus rex
  • Indoraptor
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Iguanodon
  • Carcharodontosaurus
  • Spinosaurus
  • Stegoceratops
Try to adjust the genes so that all species have about the same strength.
Release them at about the same time and may the best Dino win.

Alas, Iguanodon will not work in this list. I'm pretty sure that Iguanodon goes belly up against any large carnivore like T-Rex, I-Rex, Spino, Giga, Carcharo, etc. Perhaps you could substitute it for a spinoraptor...? or something cooler...?

Alas, Iguanodon will not work in this list. I'm pretty sure that Iguanodon goes belly up against any large carnivore like T-Rex, I-Rex, Spino, Giga, Carcharo, etc. Perhaps you could substitute it for a spinoraptor...? or something cooler...?

That's why I added "Try to adjust the genes so that all species have about the same strength.".

Sorry, what I am trying to say is: Iguanodon doesn't fight back against large carnivores. It simply dies against the "big girls" just like all hadrosaurs do. (I'm about 92.5% positive). Because it simply dies like a struthi against anything large, that is why I was suggesting switching it out with something else.

Here is a quote from the JWE wiki:
It is unique amongst the non-armored and non-ceratopsian dinosaurs in that is can fight back against some carnivores. When confronted with medium-sized carnivores such as Carnotaurus or Allosaurus, Iguanodon will stand its ground and fight back by smacking with its forelimbs and stabbing with its thumb spikes. If victorious against a larger aggressor, the Iguanodon will dispatch it by stabbing it in the gut and throat with both spikes in a "bear hug"; whereas smaller predators such as Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus are killed during their attempt at a pounce via an audibly bone cracking kick to their chest. Iguanodon however, will still run from and can be hunted by the Indoraptor and large carnivores such as Tyrannosaurus. It can also still be poisoned by a bite from a Troodon.

And here is a link to some random youtube video showing how the Iguanodon fares against a Rex.

[video=youtube;U6jnnCFdEAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6jnnCFdEAI[/video]

Not trying to be rude, just saying I don't think it will work like the awesome battle royal with that particular dinosaur. Not without a change in the lineup. (though the iguanodon may still be in second place because it won't be "hunted" for food until something is hungry, and since they'll all be fighting each other, it has a good chance to go unnoticed.)

Top Bottom