Graphics Mod to Remove Haze

I've had great success with the default ini set up removing the dust and lines and such, and can't play the other way now. But one question - what would be interfering with my trying to set hunt mode up to look at other shaders? If I set the ini file for hunting to 1, the game will not load. If I do 2, it will load, but will crash if I hit the key to turn it on. Graphics card is an AMD 5770, guessing it's the problem? No big deal really, as I've got what I wanted, just was wondering.

Not sure, but if you want to go hunting you could try using the d3dx.ini file that comes with 3DMigoto. It has the settings for hunting straight out of the box. Just back up the game version (you are currently using) and then put it back when your done. :)

Last edited:
About hard mode, it's a pity artificial horizon gets blown away with the rest of the HUD :(

I think it was pretty useful for doing high orbit approaches. It's hard to do them visually since normally you have little visual reference from the planet, added that during initial phase (way long before gliding) speed is gonna change proportionally to planets mass not only proportionally to thrust, so you have to continuosly keep an eye on inertial indicator to see if you're just overspeeding and going to miss out gliding >.<

I guess this can't be solved since all hud stuff is packed in the same shader (as I've seen in the .txt) right? [blah]

(Note) I know you can just fix thrust at 75% so ships computer should regulate speed properly not to miss gliding but even this might not work if you mess out even a little with pitch angle (dunno If Im explaining myself properly)

Last edited:
Many thanks to A D and others for the work that's gone into this.....but can I ask for a sort of winding up conclusion (there's a lot of info here) i.e.

Which version of 3DMigoto should we download and use?

Which is the definitive d3dx.ini?

Many thanks again!

(realising game updates trash any changes to the game folder I want to set up a folder on the desktop to just copy back these changes.....missing the clarity :)

Last edited:
Many thanks to A D and others for the work that's gone into this.....but can I ask for a sort of winding up conclusion (there's a lot of info here) i.e.

Which version of 3DMigoto should we download and use?

Which is the definitive d3dx.ini?

Many thanks again!

(realising game updates trash any changes to the game folder I want to set up a folder on the desktop to just copy back these changes.....missing the clarity :)

My pleasure.

I used 3DMigoto v1.3.8 to test and develop the mod. Stick with that version for now.

The d3dx.txt file attached to post #121 is the most recent. Download and rename it to "d3dx.ini". Then move it to the game directory (where 3DMigoto was installed) to replace the default .ini file and good to go. :)

Last edited:
Purple haze all in my eyes
Don't know if it's day or night
You got me blowin', blowin' my mind
Is it tomorrow, or just the end of time?

Johnny_alpha.png

Ugg !

Just a thought if you're planning to fly in FA Off may want to keep the "space dust streaks" so you know which vector to counter

; MOD OPTIONS
; Disable the starfield in normal flight.
; This removes the particles that move past the ship when in normal flight.

Last edited:
I feel a little dense on the instructions for installing. I downloaded the 1.3.8 version of 3DMigoto and within are two folders x32 and x64. I only play the x64 version of ED:H. Am I supposed to put the entire x64 folder in the elite-dangerous-64 folder, or move the contents of x64 to elite-dangerous-64?

Also, am I still supposed to put the attached 698a0cdaf669a609-ps_replace.txt file in the ShaderFixes folder according to the OP? I copied the d3dx=v2.txt file from post #121 and renamed it .ini in the x64 folder. So just need confirmation on the above question on where to put all the files.

Thanks.

I feel a little dense on the instructions for installing. I downloaded the 1.3.8 version of 3DMigoto and within are two folders x32 and x64. I only play the x64 version of ED:H. Am I supposed to put the entire x64 folder in the elite-dangerous-64 folder, or move the contents of x64 to elite-dangerous-64?

Also, am I still supposed to put the attached 698a0cdaf669a609-ps_replace.txt file in the ShaderFixes folder according to the OP? I copied the d3dx=v2.txt file from post #121 and renamed it .ini in the x64 folder. So just need confirmation on the above question on where to put all the files.

Thanks.

Ok:

- Put the contents of the x64 folder into the same directory as your ED executable (the actual game exe, not the launcher exe).
- Then download the attached file in post #121 and rename it to d3dx.ini.
- Then copy the file to the same directory (i.e. replace the default d3dx.ini file).

Good to go :) ...to change the options for the mod at anytime, open the d3dx.ini file and follow the guide.

Last edited:
Ok, yeah that makes sense. Thanks. I've done all that now. When I startup ED I get the following message in the top left: WARNING: [ShaderOverride 1] missing Hash=

I stopped there and haven't checked in-game for changes yet. I'm nowhere near any stations at the moment to check that shader change, but I guess I could check the other stuff. Not using hard mode.

EDIT - Looks like most things are working that I can check. Will be a long time before I'm back at a station though. Not sure if I should be concerned about the warning or not.

Last edited:
Ok, yeah that makes sense. Thanks. I've done all that now. When I startup ED I get the following message in the top left: WARNING: [ShaderOverride 1] missing Hash=

I stopped there and haven't checked in-game for changes yet. I'm nowhere near any stations at the moment to check that shader change, but I guess I could check the other stuff. Not using hard mode.

EDIT - Looks like most things are working that I can check. Will be a long time before I'm back at a station though. Not sure if I should be concerned about the warning or not.

The error is telling you that 3DMigoto can't find the shader referenced in the first mod option. Hard to say why. If you are using the first option it should look like:

[ShaderOverride1]
Hash=06b5574cbb67cb5c
Handling=skip

If it does, then try disabling the option by putting a ";" (without quotes) in front of each of those 3 lines. That will remove the error, but the option will be disabled.

Failing that, further troubleshooting would be needed to find the reason for the error - I'd start by checking your 3DMigoto version and doing a fresh install of the mod.

Last edited:
Ah, I see my problem. I didn't want to lose the particles in normal flight so I had commented out the last 2 lines only. I should have commented out the [ShaderOverride 1] line as well. All good now. Thanks.

I’ve realised that the recent game update must have derailed the graphics mod, as I once again have hazy station interiors. Do I reinstall everything or have any files changed that I need to update?

Unfortunately you have to reinstall it every time frontier does an update. I just leave the zip file in my downloads and the additional text file.

Unfortunately you have to reinstall it every time frontier does an update. I just leave the zip file in my downloads and the additional text file.

For further reference, there is an option on the game menu which is "Validate Game Files". If you ever select this option, it will also remove the graphics mod, as it removes any files in the game directories that it doesn't have in the manifest. The upgrade process when a new patch comes out runs the validate files as a step in the upgrade.

Whilst I'm here... I started noticing that after the 3.3.0.5 update, I got some stark differences between how the ship / SRV lighting (both head-lamps and night-vision) work when looking through the cockpit, and when looking through any other form of external view, eg. SRV turret, DSS view, external camera.

I posted a thread on that here, with examples: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/478504-Has-the-lighting-gone-a-bit-quot-funny-quot-since-the-last-update In brief, the view from the cockpit is exceptionally dark and the lights do not illuminate the scene as they should. However, the scene is lit as you would expect if you use one of the turret / external views.

I thought it might just have been the update itself, but then I wondered if the shader mods I am using (clean windows, remove haze on planets and in stations) might be interfering with the cockpit view after the update. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

since most gfx render engines use the SRGB color wheel settings along with your computer gfx card . a new improved version of Flimic would be nice, like I have in blender. it gives a nice tone of movie quality lighting to games. But Microsoft in there wisdom has Decided it wasn't worth change in there new operating system architecture to incorporated this marvel design.

[video=youtube;m9AT7H4GGrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9AT7H4GGrA[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom