Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.05

Still would like to SEE / HEAR ? the update announcements better, when you're logged in and playing.
It's disconcerting to those of us who lived in the past, and expect nothing to work, because we haven't logged out in time before an update [noob]

Still would like to SEE / HEAR ? the update announcements better, when you're logged in and playing.
It's disconcerting to those of us who lived in the past, and expect nothing to work, because we haven't logged out in time before an update [noob]

There are always notifications before the big updates. The small patches just dont get them because well there small.

Well, at least my bindings are still there after this patch.

Hands up all those who think the devs ought to get a bonus if they manage not to break anything this time.

Well, at least my bindings are still there after this patch.

Hands up all those who think the devs ought to get a bonus if they manage not to break anything this time.

Stop jinxing things for the people who haven't downloaded the update yet.

It's good that a quick fix is brought out when it's possible to do so. Thanks to FD for this.

It's not so good that so little priority seems to be being given to a huge list of immersion breakers and other bits and bobs of simply crappy design.

Especially when the community here has taken the trouble to document them in great detail.

As in this thread on immersion breakers.

I plan to continue linking that thread for as long as FD appear to be doing nothing about what's on that list.

The community here is probably the most passionate group of potential evangelists for the game in existence. We complain about the game's shortcomings, not because we like to complain, but because we love the game.

The loudest complainers would become the loudest evangelists for the game if there was genuine evidence that it was on the road to becoming what it could be.

... on the above note, I remember when I first followed the wake of an assassination target to another system.

No trace of it. So I returned to where I'd found it.

I so remember that sinking feeling when I saw the target respawn, and realised how the game was actually working.

Same question as yesterday. Is BGS fixed?
I'm glad that the crash on supercruise was fixed, but golly gee... if you can fix the issue that was introduced yesterday so quickly... It makes me really wonder about the numerous other bugs that we've had for 2 months.

Numerous other bugs that we've had for 2 months...????

The word you were looking for is 'YEARS'. :)

Last edited:
Haven’t crashed from SC myself. Mostly I crash when entering SC or changing instance. Is it the same bug or no? Good to see bug fixes either way.

Ok I know this isn't the right place to ask, but curiosity is killing me... is a BGS?

I'll assume you meant "what is a BGS" ...

Background Simulation - this is the process that keeps track of the economy and political status of the inhabited galaxy - i.e. the reasons that prices are different in different systems, that some are at war and so on. These affect the missions that are available and the types of NPC that will be found in each system. Lots of the activity that drives these changes is down to the modelled behaviour of the population that live in a system, but the actions of players themselves count very strongly in driving changes to the BGS.

The big question is always related to "what does a player/group of players have to do in order to make a change to the BGS state of a system?". The answer is often unclear, and Frontier seem to change the rules from time to time. There is a lot of discussion and experimentation on this topic, and you're right, this isn't the best place to discuss it in detail :)

Top Bottom