Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I agree, most DG2 pilots are not lazy and certainly do not lack in resolve. However, how about transparency? Will we get an update on the latest kill numbers?

They could start by updating the waypoints for their expedition at least.

unknown.png

I ran into a DG wing last night and was chased from system to system for quite a while. I was also hampered by testing custom graphics settings that made my hyperspace load times greater and having half of them on my friends list...but I eventually encountered a momement of respite.

Normally would have actively engaged them a bit, but I had three transport missions and 250 tons of cargo I didn't want to risk.

I suspect they'll be headed for Sag A* soon.

Looks like fun. Personally, I wouldn't want to hang out to engage under those circumstances, either. Lucky they didn't knock out your FSD and take the choice away.

Looks like fun. Personally, I wouldn't want to hang out to engage under those circumstances, either. Lucky they didn't knock out your FSD and take the choice away.

Dingo's cutter was firing FSD disruptors, but I know how to aim a PDT.

If they all had disruptors it could have been slightly tricky, but there is a cooldown and even with the cargo racks in place of the SCBs, that vette is not a soft target.

My biggest concern was that I was going to run out of fuel before I could shake them.

Last edited:

If they all had disruptors it could have been slightly tricky, but there is a cooldown and even with the cargo racks in place of the SCBs, that vette is not a soft target.

My biggest concern was that I was going to run out of fuel before I could shake them.

Disruptors don't have arming time/distance (unlike say reverb torps or mines) so I've gotten around PDT by firing my FSD dumbfire while point blank ramming.

Not that I mean for you specifically; you are probably already aware.

But just so readers don't assume a PDT(s) is a free-pass for FSD reset. Can also be hidden among packhounds (as you're clearly aware, from that other thread).

But just so readers don't assume a PDT(s) is a free-pass for FSD reset.

PDT isn't a free pass to anything, and despite being a turret that automatically engages munitions, it's not an entirely passive defense. Everything from choosing the correct utility slot to place it in, to making sure it's got a clear line-of-sight to the most relevant target, to controlling one's closing distance and velocity are important in getting the most out of PDTs.

And yeah, even used correctly, something gets through sooner or later, so it's just one layer of defense among many.

Good show. Kind of hard to shake then when they're on your friends list, though.

Disruptors don't have arming time/distance (unlike say reverb torps or mines) so I've gotten around PDT by firing my FSD dumbfire while point blank ramming.

Not that I mean for you specifically; you are probably already aware.

But just so readers don't assume a PDT(s) is a free-pass for FSD reset. Can also be hidden among packhounds (as you're clearly aware, from that other thread).

That, and multiple bogies armed with them shooting from different solutions.

With that said, mad props to Morbad for his role-play and skills; most people would have only used the friends list to block before logging to solo.

I do suspect they were using the list to track me (though my destinations wouldn't have been hard to guess, or wake scan, given how impaired my load times were), which is iffy behavior in my view, but I've become much less hesitant to accept unsolicited requests, largely because some people appear to be abusing the block functionality. The only way to counter that sort of thing is by using the friend's list to shift instancing weight towards a more inclusive direction.

But yeah, I don't begrudge players for having their CMDRs attack mine. None of them gave me any OCC insults or threats, and none of them appeared to be violating the rules in any way, even if I'm not keen on being tracked via the friend's list.

Last edited:
I do suspect they were using the list to track me (though my destinations wouldn't have been hard to guess, or wake scan, given how impaired my load times were), which is iffy behavior in my view, but I've become much less hesitant to accept unsolicited requests, largely because some people appear to be abusing the block functionality. The only way to counter that sort of thing is by using the friend's list to shift instancing weight towards a more inclusive direction.

But yeah, I don't begrudge players for having their CMDRs attack mine. None of them gave me any OCC insults or threats, and none of them appeared to be violating the rules in any way, even if I'm not keen on being tracked via the friend's list.

The fact FDev won't fix the "hide location from profile" feature really irks me. I like most of the pilots in the good-guy wing in PS4 galaxy and would like to remain PSN friends with them, but not become roleplay justified wing attack target #1 whose location is known at all times. :(

Also FWIW I was carrying wake scanner on DG2, not sure about that crew. Didn't end up getting me any kills before I gave up, so ended up a waste of a slot, but whatever.

One of my escapees was smart enough to change jump target from nearby to farther than my jump range (noticed their FSD charge twice and asked via DM after). If that CMDR had not, I might have had some use from the wake scanner. Another had "next in route" selected so got that behavior for free.

I scanned both, but it's impossible very difficult to go to galmap and type in those ridiculously long autogen system names (hard to remember them) to get a 2 jump route plotted in time. The rest all died or logged so no wake to scan.

Last edited:
The fact FDev won't fix the "hide location from profile" feature really irks me. I like most of the pilots in the good-guy wing in PS4 galaxy and would like to remain PSN friends with them, but not become roleplay justified wing attack target #1 whose location is known at all times. :(

Yeah, game could definitely use an anonymity feature, as well as a chat-only block.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised that if there's combat CG at WP7, some DG2's will be high on the list (only because fewer and fewer DW2 in open, so what else left to do)? Unlikely, but possible. Especially if the decal looks nice.
I'm amazed so many people were in open in the first place !!!!!

Yeah, game could definitely use an anonymity feature, as well as a chat-only block.

This blocking feature works also for the gankers. Yep, not many risk getting into a 1v1 and what happens if they are chased when alone?

I was attacked outside a station by one known (ganker) CMDR, which sent me a friend request previously, and is in my friends list. I got him to low wake on that ocasion, and after that I chased him for a while because we was instancing fine, and he consistently low or high waked.
Sudenly I cannot instance with him anymore.
I see he is in the system for long periods of time, but nowhere to be found.

Yes, my bet is, he blocked me to avoid be caught in his brown pants (in other words, flying without a wing).

Last edited:
This blocking feature works also for the gankers. Yep, not many risk getting into a 1v1 and what happens if they are chased when alone?

I was attacked outside a station by one known (ganker) CMDR, which sent me a friend request previously, and is in my friends list. I got him to low wake on that ocasion, and after that I chased him for a while because we was instancing fine, and he consistently low or high waked.
Sudenly I cannot instance with him anymore.
I see he is in the system for long periods of time, but nowhere to be found.

Yes, my bet is, he blocked me to avoid be caught in his brown pants (in other words, flying without a wing).

I could be wrong, but I think if he blocked you his icon would no longer show up on your Galmap. It's possible he used the trick of turning off thrusters to force an emergency drop without leaving a low wake signature. As long as he didn't reenter SC there'd be no way to find him. If he managed to do it close enough to a port, he could even have gotten there the slow way and docked. Also might have just logged and switched to solo or PG. Would still show up on your Galmap but obviously not possible to meet.

Friending has a higher weight than blocking. So even if this individual blocked you, they would also have to unfriend you to be less likely to instance with you.

Several Points

#1: I'm willing to accept the how the term 'ganker' is used in the community; however, in circles where I use the term it had more to do with uneven fights due to numbers. The term 'gang' is built into the word 'gank' - so if someone brings 3 guys to kill 1 guy that would be a gank. In my way of thinking a 1 vs. 1 is never a gank. It may be an uneven fight (due to equipment) but I think traditionally ganking refers to lack of balance due to woefully uneven numbers.

#2: I'm not a PvP player at all and I'm still working on learning how to dock my ship - but with the ability to play solo, or in a private group, or in the open world I don't see why these guys should be offensive to anyone. That is my opinion with a total lack of experience in this game - but in the other PvP games I've played the 'gankers' are rarely vicious or evil in real life. Hate them, but do so in good humor.

#3: Make a copy of the list of commanders who join this group - bragging like this is a huge tactical error. Put the list out on your desk. Use it as a working 'to do' list for the next couple of years. Patience my friends - revenge is a dish best served cold and noting gets colder than space. Keep that list for 6 months or a year - after this dies down begin your hunt. I'd like to see an anti-ganker group begin to keep track of kills on these guys. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Several Points

#1: I'm willing to accept the how the term 'ganker' is used in the community; however, in circles where I use the term it had more to do with uneven fights due to numbers. The term 'gang' is built into the word 'gank' - so if someone brings 3 guys to kill 1 guy that would be a gank. In my way of thinking a 1 vs. 1 is never a gank. It may be an uneven fight (due to equipment) but I think traditionally ganking refers to lack of balance due to woefully uneven numbers.

#2: I'm not a PvP player at all and I'm still working on learning how to dock my ship - but with the ability to play solo, or in a private group, or in the open world I don't see why these guys should be offensive to anyone. That is my opinion with a total lack of experience in this game - but in the other PvP games I've played the 'gankers' are rarely vicious or evil in real life. Hate them, but do so in good humor.

#3: Make a copy of the list of commanders who join this group - bragging like this is a huge tactical error. Put the list out on your desk. Use it as a working 'to do' list for the next couple of years. Patience my friends - revenge is a dish best served cold and noting gets colder than space. Keep that list for 6 months or a year - after this dies down begin your hunt. I'd like to see an anti-ganker group begin to keep track of kills on these guys. :D

Bloody have some rep mate.

A new player who already fundamentally understands the ingame dynamics and does'nt expect the game to change to suit him.

You sir, deserve a medal. Well played indeed.

Bloody have some rep mate.

A new player who already fundamentally understands the ingame dynamics and does'nt expect the game to change to suit him.

You sir, deserve a medal. Well played indeed.

The funny part, though, is that by the time this guy actually develops enough skill to stand up to these players, he'll have learned the bitter, unfortunate truth and be right there beside us thumping these people on the head, too.

Last edited:
The funny part, though, is that by the time this guy actually develops enough skill to stand up to these players, he'll have learned the bitter, unfortunate truth and be right there beside us thumping these people on the head, too.

Ah the cataclysmic realisation that the people killing randoms in game are often the nicer people in the community.

Ho hum, what a strange galaxy we inhabit.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom