Apex Legends. FtP battle royale

That is true. But playing with randoms you have at least SOME chance of getting a "Pro" on your team, once in a while. On a discord for Elite farts? I don't thinks so
(Speaking of myself, of course. :D)

Haha

Well 2 things. It's not about the winning much of the time it's about the struggle!! You don't need a Pro...you need a lot of luck and smart common sense.

My Origin name is Jumble-Stiltskin

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Haha

Well 2 things. It's not about the winning much of the time it's about the struggle!! You don't need a Pro...you need a lot of luck and smart common sense.

My Origin name is Jumble-Stiltskin

Mine is Raysender.

Also Discord helps because when you die you can't VOIP in game and need Discord to continue coordinating.

Last edited:
Played it with my kids. Has a little borderlands vibe. I like it better than fortnite. I'm sure they'll release dozens of characters one at a time. The ziplines are fun. I do like that they list your kill count on the squad screen to shame campers.

I currently prefer survival games for pvp (aside from old school mmo pvp).

Having watched my nephew play this earlier in the week on XBONE i thought I would give it a go on PC, how hard can it be?

I have probably played about 25 - 30 matches and I think my overall kill count so far is a grand total of 5, some of the matches have last less than a minute.

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Massive Titanfall lover here. Tried Apex Legends, played a few matches, Titanfall muscle memory kicked in each time, failed miserably, uninstalled and went back to Titanfall 2 :D

LMAO ... Keyboard Trouble ... And couldnt hit a Barn Door ... Yet managed to win with no Kills!!

KPBiqRG.jpg

I've been playing this quite a bit recently - can't remember the last time I've enjoyed playing a game that I've been so bad at... ;)
To say it's pretty unforgiving is an understatement... The deaths in the first minute can be a bit frustrating; but as FPS Battle Royale games go, it seems pretty good.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Having watched my nephew play this earlier in the week on XBONE i thought I would give it a go on PC, how hard can it be?

I have probably played about 25 - 30 matches and I think my overall kill count so far is a grand total of 5, some of the matches have last less than a minute.

I can confirm this is perfectly normal, especially if you are just starting. A bad drop decision in a popular area with experienced players around can make some games end in less than a minute indeed. In many occasions I have found myself without an actual weapon surrounded by enemy players. Some of them also without weapons. In these instances remember that you can also do melee damage, and it is not insignificant! Every melee blow is 30 damage points. You can kill a player without armor in 3-4 hits.

I find aiming particularly hard, but I have always sucked at aiming. A couple tips: Mid and long range try aiming while crouched and down sights if you can (i.e. if your team mates are closer to the enemy and you are not their main target), this will help stabilize the aiming reticule. Also try some of the weapon barrel and stock loot that help with aiming stability. As a new player I recommend to get full auto weapons for medium and long range (https://progameguides.com/apex-legends/apex-legends-weapons-list/) because they are more forgiving re aiming and you can start feeling that you contribute to the team a bit :D For the second weapon I recommend to get a shotgun or a pistol (Wingman is prolly the best pistol) in case of close quarters fights. Shotguns are more forgiving than pistols but they have a much lower rate of fire. A compromise there is the EVA-8 auto shotgun, that has a decent fire rate (less damage per shot though) and will shoot continuosly if you keep your triggered pressed.

As a character I also recommend Lifeline for new players as her abilities to resucitate and heal players will also make you a net contributor. Alternatively and if you prefer something more aggressive get Bangalore and her smoke screens. The smoke will allow you to escape or help a downed team mate (or even loot) in dire situations. There is also a gun scope addon loot called "Digital Threat" (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...ents-including-hop-up-scope-stock-and-more-2/), it is a legendary piece so it will be yellow coloured, that allows you to see through smoke any enemy threat silhouettes when looking down sights. It is a deadly combo.

Last edited:
My favourite weapons are the r301 carbine really steady weapon with decent damage. The wingman pistol is incredibly good if you are able to keep the enemy in the reticle especially headshots. I suspect they'll come round to nerfing it at some point. The Devotion is a great LMG especially if you find the hop up for it that eliminates the spin up before properly firing.

At the start of the round just hoover up everything you find when you get a quiet moment a little later drop the stuff you don't want, if you drop anything blue or above always ping them for squad mates, they may well want an upgrade.

That is interesting, No1 where the highest damage done by a team mate was 200+ :D You campers!

I appreciate you only have my word for it , but there was no camping involved. It was complete fluke and certainly no skill involved from my side.

The jumpmaster took us somewhere close to the edge of the ring where, for once, no other squads went. We spent most of our time looting and running from and in the closing ring. I had to be revived twice as towards the end i got caught in the ring and shot by other players also running from the ring.

It is going to take a little time for me to get my head around the various mods for the weapons I think, thanks for the links they certainly help explain things. I tried fornight and didnt like it at all and although this is very similar, there is something about Apex Legends that I enjoy. Despite being utterly useless at it of course :)

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I appreciate you only have my word for it , but there was no camping involved. It was complete fluke and certainly no skill involved from my side.

The jumpmaster took us somewhere close to the edge of the ring where, for once, no other squads went. We spent most of our time looting and running from and in the closing ring. I had to be revived twice as towards the end i got caught in the ring and shot by other players also running from the ring.

It is going to take a little time for me to get my head around the various mods for the weapons I think, thanks for the links they certainly help explain things. I tried fornight and didnt like it at all and although this is very similar, there is something about Apex Legends that I enjoy. Despite being utterly useless at it of course :)

No, no, I totally believe you because it has happened to me many times, was just joking :D

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I am starting to get a bit more comfortable, I still die a lot dont get me wrong... but I just led 2 relative newbies to 2nd place and got 5 perso kills. Noice.

Last edited:
Another personal tip:

At the start don't avoid big crowds of people jumping in the same place! Natural instinct is to go somewhere quiet and loot up.

This is fine but you don't get actual practice how to survive and put people down. Those first few moments as you land rushing around to find ANYTHING to kill with are great fun and you'll start to feel much more confident taking people on in general.

Yes there is a bit of a lottery whether or not you find anything but it's very exhilarating and chaotic.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
This streamer I found is one of the ones who plays best imo, full spatial awareness. He also shows how coordination via Discord or similar, with regular team mates is key:

https://www.twitch.tv/sombrero

Also some of these guys aiming is just insane. No idea how you hit so accurately so consistently!

Last edited:
Top Bottom