in game ship planner

going off what coriolis.io does and what ed engineer does, i though what if we had a little of both in game

so you'd go to the shipyard and select a ship then you'd select a button something like plan ship customization or something and it would go to an special outfitting screen, where you'd plan it all out and it would flag thing as you go about selecting modules and what not and as you selected the module you could select customize module and select what engineering you could do to it, then once thats all done you could save the ship build and buy it at your leisure as you went to different stations in outfitting there would be a planned ship button that would buy everything it could there and at engineers you could hit the planned button and it would pre-select all the engineering you could do at that engineer.

and if you don't have all the materials maybe it could also generate a shopping list too along side the ability to customize the number of rolls per grade of engineering.

maybe this could also be done with modules to a smaller extent

i know the third party tools do it already but i think it might be nice to have it in game and able to preselect what we intend to get/do.

opinions?

Yeah it would be nice, but I don't have any urgency for it as the 3rd party stuff does the job fine.

If there's any improvements to be done with the fitting screen, I would prefer having the ability to save loadout presets for quick change-arounds.

If there's any improvements to be done with the fitting screen, I would prefer having the ability to save loadout presets for quick change-arounds.

That feature would be awesome! I'd very much want to have that.

On the planer: yea, it would be nice to have. But just as said, the web-based tools do the job, there's other things in game, which i'd consider much more helpful and hope the developers put their attention there.

going off what coriolis.io does and what ed engineer does, i though what if we had a little of both in game

so you'd go to the shipyard and select a ship then you'd select a button something like plan ship customization or something and it would go to an special outfitting screen, where you'd plan it all out and it would flag thing as you go about selecting modules and what not and as you selected the module you could select customize module and select what engineering you could do to it, then once thats all done you could save the ship build and buy it at your leisure as you went to different stations in outfitting there would be a planned ship button that would buy everything it could there and at engineers you could hit the planned button and it would pre-select all the engineering you could do at that engineer.

and if you don't have all the materials maybe it could also generate a shopping list too along side the ability to customize the number of rolls per grade of engineering.

maybe this could also be done with modules to a smaller extent

i know the third party tools do it already but i think it might be nice to have it in game and able to preselect what we intend to get/do.

opinions?

Would love that in the game.
Great suggestion.

Top Bottom