COMPLETED CG Distant Worlds Resource Initiative (Mining)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Bauxite is the go-to resource for the CG. In many rocky rings it's easy to find 30-50%+ bauxite, fill your hold and help get that station built. :)

Agreed - I went ice mining yesterday and actually ran out of limpets before filling my hold - max % was only in the 20s. Will try rocky today [up]

Juenae AJ-C C2-1813 (body a2) has a bauxite hotspot (less than 600Ls) that I have been visiting, worth a trip, only 10 and a bit Ly from EA. I did the same with Ice mining, took 128 limpets and ran out with only about 60t mined! (though I did find a couple of cores that paid for the trip)

My first bauxite mining trip I had to dump more than 50 limpets - such a difference to the ice!

Last edited:
I’ve only managed to do an hour so far in my Phantom. I rigged it out with 128T cargo capacity and headed out for Bauxite. When I returned that 128T put me into the top 50%, I’d assumed I’d barely register at all with such a small amount of cargo.

I’m hoping this lasts longer than the weekend as I’m working both days but after the last one I wonder if 128-256T may be my total contribution before it ends. Maybe I’ll have to try and put together a combat build for the other CG

Tier 9/11 was reached.
5pjn4KO.png
[/IMG]

Hoping it runs into next week. I couldn't sign up by Friday morning and will be away all weekend. Am sitting in EA with 100T of otherwise worthless water and liquid oxy.

Didn't plan to take the trip to Downtown so soon, but I am almost halfway there.
Now I'm riding the neutron highway after spending the entire Saturday delving into guardian stuff, grinding the materials, then getting an Annie and engineer the hull out of her

Hopefully you guys will not finish all the bauxite around there :)

Didn't plan to take the trip to Downtown so soon, but I am almost halfway there.
Now I'm riding the neutron highway after spending the entire Saturday delving into guardian stuff, grinding the materials, then getting an Annie and engineer the hull out of her

Hopefully you guys will not finish all the bauxite around there :)

The centre of the galaxy has no shortage of systems, so you should manage to find the odd left-over fragment.

As always, eddb is your friend. I'm hearing it said that there are no pirates if you find yourself a rocky ring more than five LY from Explorer's Anchorage. Certainly I'm fourteen LY out and I have yet to see a pirate after dropping into my very own personal rocky ring!

I've yet to run into a pirate while ring mining less than 10Ly away, nor have I 'seen' any returning to the station with a full hold for the last 4 trips (that'll break the lucky run - a T10 isn't most nimble fully laden :) ) It has been fun listening to the system chat spilling over from the ring system too, lots of DW2 members chatting away, excellent!

Nope, didn't encounter any pirate either, but my Annie has a nice assortment of lasers, a mc plus an elite slf pilot if they dare to show, so no worries here

Edit: I just got pulled by an npc pirate flying an Alliance Chieftain while returning from the 3rd trip.
It was kinda hilarious. When i opened fire, he rammed me, lost half shields then started to charge his FSD. He jumped away with 50% hull left :/

Last edited:
As Of 230CDT/0420 Z Sun/Mon 10 MAR 2010

System: Stuemeae FG-Y d7561

Station:Explorer's Anchorage

Commodity List:Bauxite, Water, Liquid oxygen

Current / Target: 1312675 / 3000000

Expires in 4 days

Last edited:

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
I've yet to run into a pirate while ring mining less than 10Ly away, nor have I 'seen' any returning to the station with a full hold for the last 4 trips (that'll break the lucky run - a T10 isn't most nimble fully laden :) ) It has been fun listening to the system chat spilling over from the ring system too, lots of DW2 members chatting away, excellent!

I've been mining at the Bauxite hotspot at Juenae AJ-C C2-1813, less than 10 LYs away and not seen any NPCs there. As I was returning to the station I was thinking I hadn't been interdicted -when suddenly I was interdicted! Easily won the mini-game and continued my supercruise to the station in peace. :)

Only time I got interdicted was seconds before I was about to drop out at the station, so I just aimed my nose straight at the planet and crashed right into the atmosphere, and the NPC on my tail vanished. one quick FSD cooldown later and I was at the anchorage safe and sound.

Just hit tier 10 :)

What do we get extra if we hit tier 11?

Nothing but more money... (a long with self worth feeling for taking part or self lothing if not in the top 10% as youll miss out on some money) but its still a long way of tier 11...
Only collected 1536219 tons of the 3Million tons needed... just over half way...
Turn out for this CG is way lower than the turn out for the CG to build a station... may be people don't care about the explorer base... or now that is to far from the bubble only those on the distance worlds trip are actualy taking part this time... 5000ly was very do able from the bubble for more people.. 25k yea may be to far....

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom