COMPLETED CG Distant Worlds Resource Initiative (Mining)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Only time I got interdicted was seconds before I was about to drop out at the station, so I just aimed my nose straight at the planet and crashed right into the atmosphere, and the NPC on my tail vanished. one quick FSD cooldown later and I was at the anchorage safe and sound.

Been interdicted twice in eight cargo-laden arrivals at Stuemeae FG-Y d7561.

Also had to fire off a heatsink on two occasions when my arrival in-system placed me between the two stars.

I was arriving at the binary earlier this evening when the local pirate told me not to run... so I didn't, just put the rear of the T10 with the star directly below it... Pirate vanished for some reason :D

He did catch up with me just as I arrived at EA (inside the no fire zone) telling me I had chosen death, but he never even fired a shot - but was STILL demanding 5 tons of cargo - brilliant!

I've been mining at the Bauxite hotspot at Juenae AJ-C C2-1813, less than 10 LYs away and not seen any NPCs there. As I was returning to the station I was thinking I hadn't been interdicted -when suddenly I was interdicted! Easily won the mini-game and continued my supercruise to the station in peace. :)

Thank you! I'm filling up in half the time now. Excellent spot.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you! I'm filling up in half the time now. Excellent spot.

You're welcome! I couldn't believe how quickly I was filling up - every asteroid has some Bauxite in it and most of them have high amounts. I was expecting it to be more like a core mining hot spot with only occasional asteroids having any. This was a pleasant surprise. :)

I've been mining at the Bauxite hotspot at Juenae AJ-C C2-1813, less than 10 LYs away and not seen any NPCs there. As I was returning to the station I was thinking I hadn't been interdicted -when suddenly I was interdicted! Easily won the mini-game and continued my supercruise to the station in peace. :)

Same for me too, 5 trips there and interdicted twice.

You're welcome! I couldn't believe how quickly I was filling up - every asteroid has some Bauxite in it and most of them have high amounts. I was expecting it to be more like a core mining hot spot with only occasional asteroids having any. This was a pleasant surprise. :)

Yes, this seems to me to be an old-time mining lasers job.

That's an excellent spot, I mined twice the quantity yesterday.

Isn't tier 11 related also to additional station service? As far as I know the higher tier we reach the more services the station will offer.

Isn't tier 11 related also to additional station service? As far as I know the higher tier we reach the more services the station will offer.

The Omega Mining Operation CG, to build the station, was so well attended that they had to add a tier 11 to stop the CG from prematurely ending.

So at Explorer's Anchorage they seem to have added in the extra tier at the start. But a combination of the extra distance and the fact that the CG was inaccessible to most players at Explorer's Anchorage for more than 24 hours after its start means that the second CG hasn't performed as well.

Nevertheless tier 10, which I suspect was the originally planned top tier, has been reached and so we must hope that Frontier will therefore not only give us the installation and megaship mentioned in the CG goals (much to the surprise of most people) but also the full range of services planned for Explorer's Anchorage.

Nothing but more money... (a long with self worth feeling for taking part or self lothing if not in the top 10% as youll miss out on some money) but its still a long way of tier 11...
Only collected 1536219 tons of the 3Million tons needed... just over half way...
Turn out for this CG is way lower than the turn out for the CG to build a station... may be people don't care about the explorer base... or now that is to far from the bubble only those on the distance worlds trip are actualy taking part this time... 5000ly was very do able from the bubble for more people.. 25k yea may be to far....

Yes, the biggest factor is that at Omega people could transfer dedicated mining ships or go back to the bubble and buy one, then carry on afterwards in the ship they chose for DW2. At this station the nearest shipyard is Colonia so people have had to make do with the ship they brought exploring. Despite this major disadvantage compared to Omega we have still managed to hit over 2 million, so there is clearly no lack of effort or interest, but hitting 3 million looks unlikely at this point.

Difficult to hit 3 milion especially with the problems on the mission server on day1 and the terribly low yields in the 3 system low-rez. FDEV should extend the CG 1 day more just for these issues...

Yes, the biggest factor is that at Omega people could transfer dedicated mining ships or go back to the bubble and buy one, then carry on afterwards in the ship they chose for DW2. At this station the nearest shipyard is Colonia so people have had to make do with the ship they brought exploring. Despite this major disadvantage compared to Omega we have still managed to hit over 2 million, so there is clearly no lack of effort or interest, but hitting 3 million looks unlikely at this point.

There were also two other factors in play at the first mining CG.

1) Mining was still a shiny new mechanic, people wanted to take part in it and see what the fuss was all about
2) There were a lot more people on DW2 at the time.

If you look at the EDSM stats, the expedition is down to about a quarter of its original strength.
If those stats can be trusted, getting as far as we have sounds like an great achievement.

Difficult to hit 3 milion especially with the problems on the mission server on day1 and the terribly low yields in the 3 system low-rez. FDEV should extend the CG 1 day more just for these issues...

I wonder what the mining CG would look like if the mission servers were working right away. As it stands it took 6 days after a functioning mission server to get to 2.3M tons. Would one more day have gotten us up another 700,000t? I wonder how many people stopped working when we hit tier 10 because they saw that it was really unlikely to make it to tier 11.

As for the BH CG.. Yeah, finding high value targets in this system is tough! But, I guess it's not always supposed to be easy. Would have been nicer if the tiers were adjusted a little bit.

I added another 253 tons this morning, making nearly 4,400 collected (sings: all by myself...) but nowhere near enough to make a dent in the remaining target, now RL gets in the way to stop me going out for another load before the CG closes. Tier 10 1/2 isn't too shabby though :)

Anyone know how long after the CG finishes till the rewards become available?

Yep its the same as all CGs the server takes 45-55mins depending on the platform your playing on to unlock at the station for completion payments...
Or 2 weeks if you wait for automatic transfer.. so you still have >20mins till collection... for this final last CG for many weeks no need to boot game till normaly ~4PM GMT/UTC/IGT...

Quite a nice feeling to be part of a CG that gets to Tier10 and also quite happy with the way it turned out for me.
Got to Explorer Anchorage Sunday afternoon and left for Colonia yesterday evening. And in the meantime I managed to get in Top 10% for the mining CG and Top 25% for Bounty one. :)

Now, after unlocking the engineers in Colonia (btw, they got some upgrades like G5 drives, G4 SCB, G4 LifeSupport - Miss Lori must be mad already and Palin is probably not far) and after doin like 36000 LY in 5 day I'm wondering if i should take a sidewinder back to bubble

Last edited:
Yep its the same as all CGs the server takes 45-55mins depending on the platform your playing on to unlock at the station for completion payments...
Or 2 weeks if you wait for automatic transfer.. so you still have >20mins till collection... for this final last CG for many weeks no need to boot game till normaly ~4PM GMT/UTC/IGT...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Collected my rewards now. One immediate change I've noticed is that Explorer's Anchorage now has a Crew Lounge. Nothing new in Contacts, though, so far.

EDIT: Also, better gear and weapons selection in Outfitting.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom